Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alpha75
Msg: 326
Never married & no kidsPage 14 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I agree with xoticdeeva above. That is a positive rather than a negative, to read about a man over 30 without children and never married. I am 35, no children and never married and I am perfectly fine!!!! No Big Deal!!!
 sunfish703
Msg: 327
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 8:38:36 AM
It is a huge flag.

The right thing to do is to ask him about it.

Same thing for a lady by the way.
 baldrawker
Msg: 328
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 10:05:15 AM
I am 37 years old, and have fit into this category.

For me the thought of either has never interested me. Most marriages result in divorce nowadays, and I simply dont care to be another statistic. Besides love comes from the heart not a legal document. Just because I dont wanna be married doesnt mean I am afraid of commitment.

As for kids it just never appealed to me to have my own. I have dated women that have them, and I dont mind but I dont care to be responsible for any of my own. I'm way to independant, and spontaneous, and the thought of having a kid which is a lifetime obligation just does nothing for me. I like to just up and go on the drop of a dime for whatever the occasion calls for.
 zaheralsaidi2009
Msg: 329
hello
Posted: 1/25/2010 11:46:10 AM
hi haw are you
can you and me chat ?
thanks for conect
otherface2009@hot>>>>>com
thanks
 Candi1977
Msg: 330
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 12:07:44 PM
Never make assumptions....We have the need to know everything as human beings....making an assumption is how we create and answer when we don't have the real answer....Ask questions that's all you can do. Assumptions are dangerous and you'll miss your man with that.
 nightman37
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:03:42 PM
When I was in my twenties, I thought been 40 and not married or having kids, would be sad. Now I'm nearing there, I know it is. I often waste time remembering old relationships that never went anywhere. Or wondering what I could have
done with the money I wasted in pubs and clubs hoping to find some girlfriend. Not sure that by now, any relationship
skill i've had, haven't evaporated from like of use. At least my****is good. It will have to be, women my age aren't so
pretty any more (most of them). Love young adventure is long ago, Who shall I send spend, the years of pain and decay
with, pass the shotgun, theres no value in living any of them.
 OCMIKE
Msg: 332
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/26/2010 12:21:40 AM
No reasons to make assumptions. If they have no kids and never been married maybe they have been working on themselves before they try to get into the dating
 PickMe007
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/26/2010 5:17:29 PM
Ah refreshing to see some more positive responses for the never married, no kids crowd. One of the other threads about this, most people were saying huge red flags...

It can be a red flag if the reason you are not married is because you are pathologically fvkced up or incredibly inflexible. Other wise, you've probably just been wise w your choices.

I will say that, even though I'm never married, no kids, I actually get along a little better with women that have been married and/or have kids. They tend to be more flexible because they had to be in their past circumstances. I've found the never married no kids women are super inflexible and hard to get along with being extremely set in their ways. Thankfully I can tell this in the first date or so and cut things right there if that's the vibe I'm getting.

I happen to be very flexible by nature, so, as hypocritical as it sounds, that's my view on things...
 REDSOX FAN 2010
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/26/2010 7:42:48 PM
i am 45 not married and no kids and i am lookked at as a social outcast i have had replies saying sorry i want someone with kids ..... ????? what ? just because i do not have any does not mean i do not want any or like them ! i have wanted them my whole life and love them them but i have not been in that situation or have had that opportunity . no one night stands i think sex without love is just sex it is useless unless it means something that is what i think annyways
 Ambrosiax
Msg: 335
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/28/2010 12:21:30 AM
I"ve never been married and have no kids because men don't want to sleep with me. They just want to be my " friend".
 TCK781
Msg: 336
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:33:36 AM
One of the most important lessons I've probably had to learn in my life is the need to be VERY CAREFUL about MAKING ASSUMPTIONS. For me making assumptions is kind of like walking through a minefield with out the proper mine detecting equipment - if you are not EXTREMELY careful you are going to step on a mine (make a ill-advised assumption) and then have it blow up in your face. Seriously, I if all other factors about the person's profile seem to indicate they are an emotionally, mentally, and spiritually sound individual then why not ask them politely to explain their situation (ie. choices) to you...????
 kcladyz
Msg: 337
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 10:05:36 AM
I am 40, single , and thank god for no kids LOL Just kidding.

I had a man get rude with me putting me down for being 40 and no kids like there was something wrong with me..... Like having a baby should not be viewed like a badge of honor or something ? i o not think so for christ sakes!

First of all I am responsible enough to not have a child and be single. I am smart enough to know i do not have the means to raise a child and to do the right thing and not bring one in the world unless I know i can provide for him or her.

I was married once but I do not think its odd to be in your 30's or 40's and never been married. Sometimes peoples careers come first or they just not yet have met the right person.
 LivinLovingMaid
Msg: 338
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:02:59 PM
I don't make assumptions because I am one of these people and I know my own reasons.
1. Been busy making a living and finishing college.
2. I chose not to settle. I could have been married at 18 and it would have been a HUGE mistake.
 Bullies.Rule
Msg: 339
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:13:14 PM
I'm over 30, no kids, never married. I'm not child friendly, so any person I dated would have to be childless as well (or have the kids grown and out). Anyone who hadn't been married... why would it even be an issue? Unless you come from a society where people are married in their 20's as a norm... :S

Just my $0.02 worth
 woodie7502
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:22:19 PM
I would like to talk to you more . I am single no kids and 54 years old . I have a lot of things to be thankful for but a good woman and being in a good relationship is not one of them . I would like to change this. Can you help me ?
Look me up Woodie7502 lets talk .
 Interstate 35 South
Msg: 341
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:53:44 AM
I think the lesson everyone should learn from this thread is that it isn't wise to make assumptions about someone just because they are over 30, have never married and do not have children. There can be a thousand different reasons why this is your status, and those reasons can be good or bad. It's sad that some people out there let generalizations and stereotypes affect how they view others. But if someone prejudges you for never having gone down the aisle in your 30s without taking the time to get to know the reasons why, then they're not worth your time anyway. With every person on this earth, there's always a story for everything.
 dbz77
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 12:00:17 PM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

That is a NECESSARY condition.

No way I want to date divorced or mothers.

Michael
 SBM4U2
Msg: 343
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 3:02:47 PM
Put my bid in while I can and hope that I'm not applying for the position of "savior of all my problems"
 sweet e 3
Msg: 344
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 5:42:21 PM
Yes a flag that school and work came before starting something you cant go into whole hartedly...:modhammer:
 Ghost Nation
Msg: 345
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:02:27 PM
Should I find a woman I am attracted too in my age preference locality etc and vice versa - and she has never been married and has no children I would consider to have hit the jackpot
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/7/2010 1:47:44 AM
saw this on a profile tonight. i think many people in this thread will be able to appreciate the irony.

I was married 12 years and do understand what it takes to keep a relationship together.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/12/2010 11:15:58 AM
...didn't know, never married & no kids is against life compulsory!

~sc~
 Vagabond1975
Msg: 348
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/12/2010 12:09:31 PM
well.. me being 34.. I have been married.. but don't have children ( as far as I know)
I am very happy I don't have children.. I would love to be a parent..
Im just happy I don't have kids with any of my exes!

I realize for me, the chances are very slim in actually having a child in a responsible way..
wich is pretty hard to accept..
 scruffyolesoul
Msg: 349
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/12/2010 7:50:40 PM
That and there are people out there that don't want children or waiting until they are "ready and able" to properly care for children.

I know more than a few people starting their family either first or second child well into there 40's. Not everyone has same desires or goals when it comes to having a family or even getting married. Some just want to wait either until they are ready or they just don't want to have a family.

My take on it.
 _allen_
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/13/2010 7:20:11 PM
I'm turning 34 next week. I don't have or ever had any children, have never been engaged nor married. It's not that I'm not able to have children (I think), I don't believe I'm ready. To be honest, I realise that I don't really like children and I am planning on putting having kids off for as long as possible. For the right woman in my life I may consider it but at the moment, that's a negative on having children.

I do feel as if I am a Black Sheep, seeing as everyone I know and see has children. One of my dating requirement are, I will not date anyone that has been divorced nor woman with children. Because of those requirements, not a lot of woman are available for dating. My dating goals and relationship desires are focused on eventually getting married (maybe) but not necessarily having offspings.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids