Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Steel Phoenix
Msg: 326
Never married & no kidsPage 14 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
"The more I see of married folks and their offspring, the happier I am never to have married nor had children."

There are a lot worse things than being single, that's for sure. I've escaped from a few of them.
 Amorecuore
Msg: 327
Never married & no kids
Posted: 4/25/2009 6:27:13 PM
Im over 30 and have been married but have had zero children. I was one of the "more intune" youth who recognized very early (age 16) that I had zippo maternal desire. My eldest sister had a baby girl and everyone gooed and gaaed at her, I had no idea what that was all about and could never understand the need for them to hold her. I understand all that now but still have no desire to participate in that "instinct". I admit it, I would be one of those women that should not have children and I didn't but that was MY choice.

I would happily date men with children as long as they remain the parent and not expect me to fill any motherly role. As far as how people view me, well, I dont care, its my life - not theirs.
 sportsgirl7700
Msg: 328
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/27/2009 6:44:02 PM
It's called birth control. I went on it when I was 17 and have taken that little pill everyday since...I have had several long relationships, but none that resulted in a trip down the asile which would be the only reason I would stop taking said pill...
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 329
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:51:44 PM
I didnt read all the post on this thread but i find it intresting and funny.. I you are over 30 and have no kids then there must be something wrong with you... If you are over 30 and do have kids then you would have harder time finding someone to date you cause you do have kids... Most of the time the ones that would say there must be something wrong with you are the ones that do have kids. Well im 43 dont have kids and would rather date someone with no kids. If i would have to take care of kids i would rather they be my own and i would like to have them with someone i want to have kids with.. Maybe it is the city i live in but there are plenty of single not married and no kids women out here. But then many of them have "i wont settle" in the profile as well it might have something to do with it lol ...
 dagss
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/28/2009 1:34:57 PM
The basic assumption is that you must be too fat, ugly, stupid or unsuccessful and couldn't find anyone. In my case, it's simply that I don't like children, ain't got the patience time or money for them. I love cats and horses but y'all go ahead and have all the kids you want. I've been responsible and done my part to control the population.
 She_Biscuit
Msg: 331
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/28/2009 6:39:55 PM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

No assumptions here, that would be a great opening for possible shared commonality's.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 332
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/11/2009 12:24:05 PM
never engaged, never married, no kids. Spent my younger days in the military and out to sea; didnt make sense to have a wife and ruglets at home. And from what i have seen in the unit, it was the right choice on many levels.
 GQSunset
Msg: 333
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/11/2009 6:19:08 PM
Never married, no kids, why?

I didn't want to be on jerry springer or cheaters.

The good thing

No baby mama drama for the next one that comes along.

Don't have to pay alimony so she can give it up to some other guy on my money,

And i don't have to pay child support just to see her spend my kids money on herself rather than my kids.

Pretty smart if you ask me.
 GeekedNow
Msg: 334
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:20:52 PM
Bill Gates was 40 before he got married.

I personally know a lot of people over 40 who are single and not married.

In many circles its actually a perference.

I also have a friend who was married twice and he said if he would have to do it over again he would do it differently.
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 335
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/11/2009 8:51:23 PM
Yes, I make assumptions. I assume she is a smart person who didn't blunder into early parenthood or a hasty marriage. She is a strong woman who took control of her own life and didn't leave things to fate. She is the kind of person most worthy of respect.
 jennivieve
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/15/2009 4:52:02 PM
I am never married with no kids.....

I find it amusing when people tell me I am lucky I never got pregnant....at 36 it isn't luck anymore...

I also had an ex recently say something about there must be a reason I am never married with no children...he was seperated with children...there must be a reason for that too....

It's not easy to find the "one" these days and that's what I want.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:33:05 AM
If this is a 'taboo' then it's a great 'taboo'!
~sc~
 Iamrealdeal09
Msg: 338
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/18/2009 2:15:15 PM
I am nearing 34 and never been married and no kids, it is because never met the right one, maybe about 3 years ago I did, but she kicked me to the curb......lol
 antiquedude
Msg: 339
Never married & no kids
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:00:51 PM
I've never been married and have no kids. It simply hasn't happened. I just haven't found anyone that has the qualities that I'm looking for in a relationship.

As men instead of the, "lucky you never got pregnant" comment. We get people wondering if we're gay. lol

Not that there is anything wrong with that. (Seinfeld)

msjustagirl
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/22/2010 4:45:10 PM
Never been married....no kids....

After 30 I find it tough to meet a man who is the same, not that I planned on being 32 without either, that's just what happened. I never met anyone who wanted the same things as I did....next thing you know you're 20's are over, and you don't want to hit the bars anymore...

But now, it's harder to meet anyone "organically" anymore, people don't just come up to me and ask me out...not that they ever did mind you lol....I find in this age, everyone is meeting online...but...does anyone really take the time to get to know you, or do they just judge by a picture?

I would like to think....that I was smart with my choices...I'm just looking for a man who was smart with his as well!
 Angeleyes 4 U
Msg: 341
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/22/2010 7:55:01 PM
I would strongly have to agree with you.
 GSDXGirl
Msg: 342
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/23/2010 5:18:11 PM
I am never married with no kids... but I would never make assumptions about anyone else and wouldn't want assumptions made about me.

I have never met the right person and was never in any hurry too, and I can not have children. Most people would not consider that...

I am still not in any hurry to be married as I'm quite happy with my life, a new person can only enrich it.
 FishNet10
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/23/2010 5:39:52 PM
what's the whole point even to compare? having kids is just like a hobby - taking care of children. and most people are married but not really in love, they just live together because that's convenient or helps to pay mortgage....
at one time (2 years ago), I really tried to find at least one happy couple in their 30s or 40s and am still looking
 alpha75
Msg: 344
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/23/2010 6:55:48 PM
I agree with xoticdeeva above. That is a positive rather than a negative, to read about a man over 30 without children and never married. I am 35, no children and never married and I am perfectly fine!!!! No Big Deal!!!
 sunfish703
Msg: 345
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 8:38:36 AM
It is a huge flag.

The right thing to do is to ask him about it.

Same thing for a lady by the way.
 baldrawker
Msg: 346
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 10:05:15 AM
I am 37 years old, and have fit into this category.

For me the thought of either has never interested me. Most marriages result in divorce nowadays, and I simply dont care to be another statistic. Besides love comes from the heart not a legal document. Just because I dont wanna be married doesnt mean I am afraid of commitment.

As for kids it just never appealed to me to have my own. I have dated women that have them, and I dont mind but I dont care to be responsible for any of my own. I'm way to independant, and spontaneous, and the thought of having a kid which is a lifetime obligation just does nothing for me. I like to just up and go on the drop of a dime for whatever the occasion calls for.
 zaheralsaidi2009
Msg: 347
hello
Posted: 1/25/2010 11:46:10 AM
hi haw are you
can you and me chat ?
thanks for conect
otherface2009@hot>>>>>com
thanks
 Candi1977
Msg: 348
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 12:07:44 PM
Never make assumptions....We have the need to know everything as human beings....making an assumption is how we create and answer when we don't have the real answer....Ask questions that's all you can do. Assumptions are dangerous and you'll miss your man with that.
 nightman37
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:03:42 PM
When I was in my twenties, I thought been 40 and not married or having kids, would be sad. Now I'm nearing there, I know it is. I often waste time remembering old relationships that never went anywhere. Or wondering what I could have
done with the money I wasted in pubs and clubs hoping to find some girlfriend. Not sure that by now, any relationship
skill i've had, haven't evaporated from like of use. At least my****is good. It will have to be, women my age aren't so
pretty any more (most of them). Love young adventure is long ago, Who shall I send spend, the years of pain and decay
with, pass the shotgun, theres no value in living any of them.
 OCMIKE
Msg: 350
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/26/2010 12:21:40 AM
No reasons to make assumptions. If they have no kids and never been married maybe they have been working on themselves before they try to get into the dating
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids