Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 REDSOX FAN 2010
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Never married & no kidsPage 14 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
i am 45 not married and no kids and i am lookked at as a social outcast i have had replies saying sorry i want someone with kids ..... ????? what ? just because i do not have any does not mean i do not want any or like them ! i have wanted them my whole life and love them them but i have not been in that situation or have had that opportunity . no one night stands i think sex without love is just sex it is useless unless it means something that is what i think annyways
 Ambrosiax
Msg: 327
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/28/2010 12:21:30 AM
I"ve never been married and have no kids because men don't want to sleep with me. They just want to be my " friend".
 TCK781
Msg: 328
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:33:36 AM
One of the most important lessons I've probably had to learn in my life is the need to be VERY CAREFUL about MAKING ASSUMPTIONS. For me making assumptions is kind of like walking through a minefield with out the proper mine detecting equipment - if you are not EXTREMELY careful you are going to step on a mine (make a ill-advised assumption) and then have it blow up in your face. Seriously, I if all other factors about the person's profile seem to indicate they are an emotionally, mentally, and spiritually sound individual then why not ask them politely to explain their situation (ie. choices) to you...????
 kcladyz
Msg: 329
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 10:05:36 AM
I am 40, single , and thank god for no kids LOL Just kidding.

I had a man get rude with me putting me down for being 40 and no kids like there was something wrong with me..... Like having a baby should not be viewed like a badge of honor or something ? i o not think so for christ sakes!

First of all I am responsible enough to not have a child and be single. I am smart enough to know i do not have the means to raise a child and to do the right thing and not bring one in the world unless I know i can provide for him or her.

I was married once but I do not think its odd to be in your 30's or 40's and never been married. Sometimes peoples careers come first or they just not yet have met the right person.
 LivinLovingMaid
Msg: 330
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:02:59 PM
I don't make assumptions because I am one of these people and I know my own reasons.
1. Been busy making a living and finishing college.
2. I chose not to settle. I could have been married at 18 and it would have been a HUGE mistake.
 Bullies.Rule
Msg: 331
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:13:14 PM
I'm over 30, no kids, never married. I'm not child friendly, so any person I dated would have to be childless as well (or have the kids grown and out). Anyone who hadn't been married... why would it even be an issue? Unless you come from a society where people are married in their 20's as a norm... :S

Just my $0.02 worth
 woodie7502
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:22:19 PM
I would like to talk to you more . I am single no kids and 54 years old . I have a lot of things to be thankful for but a good woman and being in a good relationship is not one of them . I would like to change this. Can you help me ?
Look me up Woodie7502 lets talk .
 Interstate 35 South
Msg: 333
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:53:44 AM
I think the lesson everyone should learn from this thread is that it isn't wise to make assumptions about someone just because they are over 30, have never married and do not have children. There can be a thousand different reasons why this is your status, and those reasons can be good or bad. It's sad that some people out there let generalizations and stereotypes affect how they view others. But if someone prejudges you for never having gone down the aisle in your 30s without taking the time to get to know the reasons why, then they're not worth your time anyway. With every person on this earth, there's always a story for everything.
 dbz77
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 12:00:17 PM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

That is a NECESSARY condition.

No way I want to date divorced or mothers.

Michael
 SBM4U2
Msg: 335
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 3:02:47 PM
Put my bid in while I can and hope that I'm not applying for the position of "savior of all my problems"
 sweet e 3
Msg: 336
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 5:42:21 PM
Yes a flag that school and work came before starting something you cant go into whole hartedly...:modhammer:
 Ghost Nation
Msg: 337
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:02:27 PM
Should I find a woman I am attracted too in my age preference locality etc and vice versa - and she has never been married and has no children I would consider to have hit the jackpot
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/7/2010 1:47:44 AM
saw this on a profile tonight. i think many people in this thread will be able to appreciate the irony.

I was married 12 years and do understand what it takes to keep a relationship together.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/12/2010 11:15:58 AM
...didn't know, never married & no kids is against life compulsory!

~sc~
 Vagabond1975
Msg: 340
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/12/2010 12:09:31 PM
well.. me being 34.. I have been married.. but don't have children ( as far as I know)
I am very happy I don't have children.. I would love to be a parent..
Im just happy I don't have kids with any of my exes!

I realize for me, the chances are very slim in actually having a child in a responsible way..
wich is pretty hard to accept..
 scruffyolesoul
Msg: 341
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/12/2010 7:50:40 PM
That and there are people out there that don't want children or waiting until they are "ready and able" to properly care for children.

I know more than a few people starting their family either first or second child well into there 40's. Not everyone has same desires or goals when it comes to having a family or even getting married. Some just want to wait either until they are ready or they just don't want to have a family.

My take on it.
 _allen_
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/13/2010 7:20:11 PM
I'm turning 34 next week. I don't have or ever had any children, have never been engaged nor married. It's not that I'm not able to have children (I think), I don't believe I'm ready. To be honest, I realise that I don't really like children and I am planning on putting having kids off for as long as possible. For the right woman in my life I may consider it but at the moment, that's a negative on having children.

I do feel as if I am a Black Sheep, seeing as everyone I know and see has children. One of my dating requirement are, I will not date anyone that has been divorced nor woman with children. Because of those requirements, not a lot of woman are available for dating. My dating goals and relationship desires are focused on eventually getting married (maybe) but not necessarily having offspings.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 343
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/13/2010 8:35:05 PM

That and there are people out there that don't want children or waiting until they are "ready and able" to properly care for children.

I know more than a few people starting their family either first or second child well into there 40's. Not everyone has same desires or goals when it comes to having a family or even getting married. Some just want to wait either until they are ready or they just don't want to have a family.

My take on it.
I find that mindset a bit "excusey". I guess all these young couples living in 2 bedroom apartments with their first kid are not "ready and able" to "properly" care for them. *laugh* I think some people just use that as an excuse because they honestly don't want kids because of the burden (which is FINE but just admit it if that's the case). Then later in life once they've had a good amount of "fun" they might try to have kids but I don't buy that it's always because of the 'ready and able to properly care for children' reason. What, do kids need big screen TV's, BMW's & 4 bedroom houses? If you only have 1 kid a 2 room apt is fine. 2nd kid? Maybe get/rent a small 3 bedroom house. Geez that's what my parents did. They didn't act like they were going to live forever and had oodles of time.

I think it's backward to have kids later because of this main reason: You can always have a career later but you can't always have kids later so working within the economics of time and biology having the kids first makes more sense IMO.
 dale5of7
Msg: 344
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/26/2010 6:23:26 PM
I may wonder if she's not able to have kids, but it would only be a passing thought. Otherwise I'd assume that she's like me and just made the choice to have career and personal achievement a priority.. and becoming 'ready' before, rather than AFTER the wedding or bitrth..

I get the prejudice from time to time, but I don't apply it to others.. I know that my own state is a result of choices and circumstance. NOT because there's something wrong with me.
 SwimminWithTheFishies
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/26/2010 7:22:58 PM
I assume they're very intelligent.
 wkw1957
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/6/2010 10:25:59 PM
I'm 52 and never married without kids. Just not very social when younger and kind of a loner type. But now I would at least like to have a girlfriend and maybe a LTR, but was never interested in having any kids or marriage. I would love to find a woman close to my age without any kids, whether married before or not but am finding it really difficult around here. If anyone in SE Alabama reads this, hit me up! I actually did hit it off with a woman with 2 grown kids in July, but she was too distraught over her past to move on (but haven't completely given up yet). That's why I would prefer never married (or widowed) also. No baggage. Maybe a short BBW unable to find a man. ( I find them attractive too ).
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 347
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:16:59 AM
I have no kids becaues I don't want any but, I was married and have been in long term relationships in the past so I guess that takes me off the wierdo alert.

I have dated men who are older, had never married, and had no kids and I have to say that even those that are not overly strange are extremely ego centric people that are hard to deal with because they are not used to making accomodations to get along in a relationship. I even lived with one and he had no clue that there was another person with needs of their own was now living with him. He made no room for my things, made no effort to participate in any of the activities I liked or get to know my circle of friends and did not vary his routine or his lifestyle one iota in response to my presence in his life and home.

I imagine the same standard would apply to women who never marry or have children. If you live alone all your adult life you may have nothing wrong with you other than an aversion to relationships but, you are likely to be hard to live with.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 348
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/8/2010 12:34:42 PM

I assume they're very intelligent.

^^^True that!

I've never married/no kids (by choice), so I wouldn't be so quick to assume. Times have changed, and not everyone wants to be married/have kids.

Now if they never had a relationship; I'd find that odd.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 349
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/11/2010 11:55:08 PM
A man left alone could go his entire life and not get married or have kids

and we would get away with it too, if it werent for you meddling womenfolk

(channelling my Scooby Doo moment)
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 350
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/12/2010 5:40:48 AM
Never married and no kids?

That was the best man to find when I was dating! LOL. No crazy ex-wife, no custody battles, no child support wars, no drama, and no kids to deal with.

Heaven!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids