Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clevemech
Msg: 26
Never married & no kidsPage 2 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I am 33 years old and have never been married or have any children. I think it is wrong if a woman assumes that there is something wrong with me because it is my belief that children should be brought into a stable loving and most importantly loving home. I guess I just have not found the right woman. I maybe looking for one that does not exist but I can say that if I do find her I will know and when I feel I have found the woman that I can not dream of ever being without then that in itself will be the deciding factor. There are over six billion people on the planet and I have plenty of time to find that perfect woman there is no rush just becasue others around me settle. That is why there is such a thing as divorce.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:30:21 PM
I just saw a post on women who get insulted by this sort of comment.
I'm not sure if I even want to dignify this with a reply.
 TheCre8ive1
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/9/2007 2:09:57 PM
I think the consensus answer is:

Over 30, never married no kids = Responsible, non-impulsive person with high standards.

When I see a profile of a woman, 25-35 with no kids I'm shocked, delighted and excited.
 Ur Xoxo
Msg: 29
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:57:57 PM
Asking questions may give U an acceptable answer... assume... makes an *ss of U and me.
 Biggie_CA
Msg: 30
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/18/2007 4:56:51 PM
I send a note.
I try not to make assumptions but usually my thoughts are that the woman in question is:
responsible
driven
smart
quick witted
likes her freedom
and knows what she wants but hasn't found it yet.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/19/2007 4:54:26 PM
Everybody has different circumstances- I think being judged by this is highly unfair but judgments are what many use without knowing the facts.

I dated and lived with someone for most of my late 20's and 30's. She went to school twice and got her career going. I worked hard on my career with the expectation we would be married. She finished school, we bought a house and then she decided she didn't want to do this.

Go back to the dating scene to find

women are bitter and mistrustful of guys
women my age aren't interested in dating guys their age
go onto online dating to discover I'm competing with married men, young guys and old men for a women's attention
dogs are more valued than men

But I keep the faith and try to keep my eyes open for that one that will come along. I think a can be a bit too selective sometimes but I have tried to let people into my life that may be not my perfect ideal and it hasn't worked yet but maybe someday the right one will come along.

Guess I'll just keep on trying- right up until they start tossing the dirt on me. Its part of the human condition I think.
 Erikyo
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/20/2007 8:24:03 PM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

Simple, I don't question why and I certainly don't make assumptions ! Since I don't have kids and I'm well over 30. I simply say : "wow, great !!!!!"
 GRANDWORLDDRAMA
Msg: 33
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/21/2007 2:05:31 AM
ITS the END of the WORLD....
I DONT WANT TO BRING CHILDREN INTO
the END of the WORLD
 jg65
Msg: 34
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/24/2007 1:28:24 PM
WHY IS THAT?
BEEN THROUGH a lot of bad relationships, am glad i did not have to give 1/2 of everything i own to get out of it///and the same for having kids with some of the psycho females i have had the pleasure of dating/leaving...
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 35
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/26/2007 6:44:13 PM
Hello all,
For those who think I started this thread 2 have people "explain" why they chose not 2 get married or have kids... you're wrong! I started this thread becuz I noticed how some people tend 2 judge 30something's or older in a negative way, as if there's something wrong w/them, I can remember an x co-worker who had this HUGE crush on a guy ( in his late 40's) who had just joined the company we worked at, she finally got up enough nerve 2 ask him about his marital status, he told her that he's never been married w/0 kids, she then comes back to tell me & a few others how disappointed she was becuz he seemed like a great catch, in "her"opinion... if a man is in his 30's, 40's ect., never married & 0 kids, he's either a total nut-case, has committment issues or he's gay, I was amazed at how some of the other women agreed w/her, becuz I never would've thought that about him, it's kinda like those on here who post negative comments about others that they don't even know.
 andmanlu
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/29/2007 8:29:12 AM
You should never question or make assumptions. I myself have never being married or have kids but that only because I had mor important things to do when I was younger. I loved to travel and made it out almost six weeks of every year. Something I needed to get out of my system so I never had time or interest to settle down and raise a family.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 37
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/29/2007 3:00:43 PM
Most of the men from my past had never been married, nor did they have or want children. Today, the only man I think I might like to date is near my age, never married/no children. That seems to be my "norm." To each their own. It's not a red-flag to me that he hasn't married or have children ~ what a red flag to me is a man who has children (or a child), never sees them, never plays an active role in some part of their life and the quickest deal-breaker in my life: trash-talking the mother of his children. Once that happens, we're done. It takes two people to fail in a relationship ~ unless she is standing there to tell me her side of the story, I don't want to hear it. And I definitely would wonder about the ilk of that man. But, that's just me.
 cowboylar
Msg: 38
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/29/2007 8:23:59 PM
I have never been married and have no children. The reason is as complicated as the reason I don't date very much. Not that I'm against getting married and having kids but in my case and Only mine, I would prefer to have my children with my wife and live that way for what the vows said for better or worse . I have dated some women with kids and it has not gone well but remember I'm only talking about myself. There is nothing more
wrong with someone as myself who has never been married or children than there is a guy who has been married multiple times , its just a circumstance that happens for X number of reasons way to complicated to get into in a forum such as this.
 littlemike42
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/27/2008 5:16:58 PM
I fully agree with you on this subject. When i was a bit younger, I feel in love and thought it was "forever". She was carring my baby and on day while i was at work....yep...she did the un-thinkable(Abortion).....not to mention she was in her late 5th month....totally blew me away. After that I have never let myself get into that issue again...and its sad because i love kids and seem to get along so well with other folks but guess it wasnt meant to be for me....you are so right in saying just because you dont have kids, doesn't mean that you cant have or dont want tohave them. We should all be more respectful in this area....it can be a very hurtful topic.
 bigshrek
Msg: 40
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/27/2008 8:12:12 PM
Some folks decide at an early age that they don't want to have kids until they're married...and get vasectomies. It's reverseable through a simple proceedure...

Finding someone worthwhileto marry is DIFFICULT at best...if you want it to last. I could have been married three times or more by now (and probably divorced as many times) but I refuse to marry anyone who doesn't believe in old-fashioned marriage-until Death do you part. Breaking up an LTR makes life rough for a few months after...breaking up with a fiance takes a year or two (or more) to get past...I don't even want to think about a divorce after investing all my love...just shoot me. It would be kinder.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/2/2008 5:32:27 PM
wow, message 152 says about sane, how about picky. my big brother had a profile in here and closed it out last year. although he's not as near as handsome as a lot of guys in here (guys, don't let your heads explode now ), he had bright red hair (a turn off for a lot of women), he was also a big teddy bear. he would have been a great catch for any woman if he wasn't so picky. he's now 45 (46 this august), single, no kids, and complains that he's lonelier than all hell. it's the really picky people that has the highest standards or preferences that would (i would like to say about 3 out of 10) be alone for the rest of their lives. just because he's still single, never married & no kids by no means does that or will that ever mean that he or anyone else in the same category is a bad person. when people starts to sit upon a bench with a black robe on and a pic of the president behind them that's when they should be the judge of a person....we're not judges so it's not right to judge others.
 TONGUEME2
Msg: 42
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/4/2008 7:25:55 AM
Why is never married, no kids such a big deal to some people? Not everybody is into the same lifestyles or has the same needs or requirements. My entire social circle is never married, a few are divorced but all are no kids.
I don't go into every situation with some one I meet with the pressure of an expectation that heavy....you can't really assume that everything is going to be forever.
However....depending on the age group you are dating in....past a certain age and not married would indicate that is going to be their lifestyle choice...so stick with the divorceds. Birds of a feather and all that.
 frenchbearman
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/4/2008 10:24:28 PM
geneseo

I would ditto what you said, do people want someone that has screwed up a lot or someone that has had good judgement?
 leo\leo
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/8/2008 7:55:25 AM
I allways thought it was a good thing?? no evil ex wife or child support
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/10/2008 8:26:02 PM
Thank you msg 2!!!!!!!!!!!
 dcamnc
Msg: 46
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/12/2008 3:27:40 PM
It's not a big deal, but, I admit, I do wonder why.
 woterlily
Msg: 47
Never married & no kids
Posted: 2/22/2008 7:33:09 PM
no problem for me if a guy states that on his profile. I would ask later and discreetly for reasons... may be he hates kids while I love kids

I always believe that if my kids don't have a chance at having both mom and dad, then better not have them. also, if I can't provide for them, no use bring them in misery.

At 37, children may or may not be in the future but I learnt to appreciate the companion first before seeing him as a potential donor.
 studplayrico
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 3/1/2008 11:12:57 PM
It doesn't seem to bother me. Sure, i would love a family, but marriage it's a COMITMENT and it seems that people will brake that in a heart beat when things gets hard.
 letmeCARYyouaway
Msg: 49
Never married & no kids
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:56:17 AM
This very subject came up at work the other night when one of the Respitory Therapists was asking about me, and one of the older women said that there was something wrong with me because I had never been married and didn't have any kids. Now I am in R KN SAW mind you, but I was still a little put off by the way she said it. This was relayed to me by a close friend that I went to school with, who was sitting at the Nurses station at the time she said it....So now I'm supposed to be defending myself as to why, in my humble opinion, that I'm smarter than the average bear. Why am I supposed to feel bad about not settling... I have no alimony to pay or illigitimate kids running around and I get to spend my money they way I want, on what I want...How is this a Bad thing?
 dya91101
Msg: 50
Never married & no kids
Posted: 3/7/2008 8:12:18 AM
I am not afraid to say it...I have never been married or had kids. Do I regret it? Not really, because I haven't found that special someone yet. I've had long-term relationships but not ending in marriage. Maybe someday but currently I am working on my health career.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids