Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AprilTaurus01
Msg: 476
Never married & no kidsPage 20 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Not everyone wants kids or kids of their own. I personally dont question it weather he is over 30 or 40 etc. Everyone has a story to tell best to just ask him and bring it into a conversation IMO
 GC_Hayez
Msg: 477
Never married & no kids
Posted: 6/28/2011 4:51:33 PM
Well I can say this for myself. I'm 31, I've never been married, and I have no kids. And I'll give you the reason wht I don't have kids. And that's because it hasn't happened for me yet. If/when it does, I'll take on that responsibility head on! But, if I end up not having kids at all, then it just wasn't meant to be. However, I really do hope to have kids of my own one day.
 cycling100
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 6/28/2011 8:04:15 PM
Girls could care less if a guy has been responsible with no kids and never married. They will still go for some unreliable douche bag because they think they can fix them. Girls like projects. A man who is responsible and has been into his 30's is nit a big enough challenge.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 479
Never married & no kids
Posted: 6/28/2011 8:16:09 PM
There's a woman that I know, actually met her on a dating site. She is single, never married, no kids, mid-40, attractive and in great shape. Upon speaking with her, she had mentioned why she was still single. She didn't want to have children either.

She said she had been close to getting married or had been proposed to at least or the men she had dated were hinting around at marriage, but she had discovered that, well, they wanted to spend more time with her and she might have to sacrifice some of her social time with her friends and perhaps spend less time in her weekend long hobby.

She did admit to be probably having been selfish. She claimed the last two guys she dated were "needy" but that was only from HER persepctive. I'm not sure, but TWO guys being needy , were sounding more normal actually.

Wanting to spend more time with her mate and perhaps giving up time away from your friends and hobbies were kind of par for the course, because I had quite a few friends after they started getting serious or even married, I hardly spent any time with the one guy I used to hang out with. Trying to get them to hang out with you was like pulling teeth, so I decided to pursue time with more single friends. LOL

Of course, we stayed in touch by phone or email on occasion, visit during a B-day party but that's about it, no weekly outings with the buds like it used to be on a routine basis.

But she wasn't willing to give up that.

She has a sister that has been married, and had even made her into a great aunt. Even told me that she had such a great family life, that she really has no excuse for being as single as long as she had. She had been so into her independence, that was not willing to even compromise on hardly any of it.

What's kind of sad is, she lives in a rather small community where most people her age are married with children. You would figure her desire to get married would be there. She could've gotten married rather easily, but passed up on the proposals. SHe just wasn't willing to give up what she enjoyed as a single person.
 Spring_weather
Msg: 480
Never married & no kids
Posted: 6/29/2011 11:19:35 AM
I have never been married and I do not have any children, I like that I have the freedom to just take off if I can afford to.. Being single suits me very fine!
 GC_Hayez
Msg: 481
Never married & no kids
Posted: 6/29/2011 9:57:25 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.
 PicturUs
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 6/29/2011 11:16:30 PM
Hey I wish we could just say "like" like on facebook. You are so right about this bud.
 EMunchy2010
Msg: 483
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/2/2011 9:19:19 AM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

I would assume that's why women continue to complain they'll never find a good man. It's true some men or women may play coy or lie just to be slick and trick their date when later it may bite them in the @$$.

Always ask questions but never "assume". If you want to play it safe, questions and precaution never hurts and should be the right start for sometime beneficial or unfortunately disappointing

I'm still single, never married and no kids, what's wrong with that? If girls want to assume the worse about me, let them... I'm not loosing. I know many people and many people know me. My excuse is I wasn't ever ready for commitment and life is either harder or a lot smoother when your in a relationship.

seasghost22
Msg: 484
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/3/2011 2:57:30 PM
I prefer people who have never been married and have no children.
those are the only people I take seriously.
 NotPerfect67
Msg: 485
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/3/2011 4:37:11 PM
I would be one of those "odd" ones. Never married because if I would've married the one I talked it with, I'd be a statistic now! It's interesting what you learn about someone as time goes on and it took 5 years to learn the "truth" about her. Getting married anymore isn't what it used to be and it's too easy to get out of. And no kids because I never got married! So, if that makes someone think I'm a reject and can't commit, then so be it. They've just shown me the red flag I need to see to run for the hills!
 Damienevil
Msg: 486
Never married & no kids
Posted: 12/20/2011 9:23:34 PM
I make no assumptions. I have no kids and I have never been Married. I will never get married either and I know quite a few women who do not want to have kids.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 487
Never married & no kids
Posted: 12/21/2011 4:39:27 PM

Posted By: Here_In_Florida on 6/28/2011 1009 PM
Subject: Never married & no kids

What's kind of sad is, she lives in a rather small community where most people her age are married with children. You would figure her desire to get married would be there. She could've gotten married rather easily, but passed up on the proposals. SHe just wasn't willing to give up what she enjoyed as a single person.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is this the least bit sad?
 yellowsparkle
Msg: 488
Never married & no kids
Posted: 12/22/2011 12:54:55 AM
30, never married, no kids and amazing! I look for the same in a mate
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 489
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:47:30 AM
I have been experiencing alot of rejection by women my age since i turned 40 because I have never been married and have no kids. It boggles my mind because they feel that having an ex-wife and/or kids along with child support, possible drama in my life as appealing.
Many say I wouldn't understand if she had to break a date because her child is sick. That assumption really annoys me, she doesn't know me and already has an assumption made up.
I have no problem if a woman has children or doesn't. Been married or hasn't. I would hope she would see the positive and not the negative in me not being married and no kids. Why search for a negative in that?
 Fifi47
Msg: 490
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/8/2012 9:25:58 AM
^^^People fear the unknown. You are not like everyone else since you haven't jumped on the bandwagon. It is worse for women. Men tell me they would have nothing to talk to me about since I cannot commesurate with them about problem children and an ex. Try looking for a single teacher who has not been married. They know how to be frugal, are patient, are usually kind hearted and perceptive.
 lobo65
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:36:52 PM
I make no assumptions because I am 46, never married, and have no kids myself. I'm sure I've been judged many times for it by online daters though. Many women think we are the ones who are strange for some reason.
 want2rox
Msg: 492
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/9/2012 8:23:17 PM
You know! Here lately I met alot of guys 40's and up, who never been married and no kids. I do wonder why about them. I know not every guy is the same but guys don't see what women see, I mean your not alone with them to hear what we hear and see. (you gotta be there)
I met one who still lived at home. Nice guy but his father had protected him to long and never made a move without looking to him.
I met one who was quite, shy and lived alone. He said" he thought he liked being a hermit. I agreed with him. He didn't like sharing, he was already set in his ways . He didn't believe a relationship should be met half way by each person, it should be his way. He had pleasure himself for so long, he could get it up with a girl.(Not gay either).

I lost I don't know. I thought it was a good thing at first, the not being married and all but now Im not sure. No bagage a good thing but also no experience in other areas in life, like if you have a child and they don't. You can't just drop everything and be fancy free.
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 493
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/9/2012 9:18:48 PM
I refuse to settle just so I am married and have kids with that person, then divorce and promote single parenthood. Sorry I experienced that as a child and refuse to do what my father did.
I have had long term relationships and been single for long periods of time in between them. I work a steady job, am always attending sports events, concerts, festivals, go on trips. But the whole deal breaker is "Oh you have never been married and/or have no kids." Blows my mind how that is such a terrible thing. So a handful of guys are boring, etc, does not mean they represent all the guys with no kids and never married.
Women hate it when we men paint them with the same brush, yet we get it from women as well on this topic.
Try looking at the qualities and positives that they are, instead of searching for the negatives. You will end up passing up a really great guy.
 Fifi47
Msg: 494
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/10/2012 1:56:02 AM
^^^people pass up all kinds of great people because they think Mr. or Ms. Perfect is going to be on the next profile. I call it the candy store syndrome. Being married 3 times and having 4 children makes a woman a lot more marketable here than being single with no children it seems. Many of the single childless men I have met online prefer divorced women with children. They want to be her knight in shining armor.
 seasinblue
Msg: 495
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/10/2012 6:34:15 AM
Thank you fellow posters! At the risk of sounding like Chris Rock - since when is it good to get knocked up, to philander and hop into marriage because for you it is rutting season. But I have to do my Rock line: YOU aren't supposed to get into dysfunctional relationships, create kids that live like urchins, never develop your mind and career so you can feed yourself, and can only define your abilities and interests as that of a fruit fly.

Being free, curious, having hobbies (besides the fruit fly mating instinct), developing who you are as a unique person, hanging with friends, etc. That makes an interesting person not countless hours looking for mates like a tree frog in the spring. Some people have an addiction to mating, but they need psychiatric help. Some people are addicted to substances - again, get help.

Some people use their intellect not their.... And you do not get pregnant by accident. It usually involves a male and female mating. Unless of course you were attacked by space aliens and inseminated. If you got blindly drunk and got bred, or have a substance abuse problem - good luck to you. Or "oh he or she will love me if I breed them." You need a counselor not a mate, because nobody's that naive after the age of 14. It's time for people to start thinking rationally, to start using common sense, to start considering consequence and to stop objectifying each other.

Sorry to be candid, but after a while....you get sick of the people pushing the "rutting season".
 Consigliori
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:55:37 PM
I’m married w/ kids at home and looking at a long stretch of parenting. At my age (late forty something) if I weren’t married and was looking for a serious relationship I’d stick to moms for reasons of parenting experience and situational understanding. Too, it would seem that people who (have) had children are more likely to LIKE children and that would be a probative factor.
 gnuineprsn
Msg: 497
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:28:10 PM
I am one of those people. I dont have children because I have had complications. I tried in my 30's and had a son at 4.5 months along. Tried again and lost a pair of twins at 5.5 months along. A find a lot of people ass-u-me that I never wanted kids. But not everyone is capable of having healthy natural births. Not too mention some people of both genders could be sterile. These things are also a possibility
 cinsav
Msg: 498
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:32:46 PM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

Yes I do.

I typically think she's either:

A. A grade A flake.
B. A commit-aphobe.
C. Have no idea what she wants.

Or.....

D. She actually DOES know what she wants and isn't willing to settle with someone she knows isn't going to last for the long term.

I have to say though that "D" is in very, VERY, rare form.
 Life_Is_Dynamics
Msg: 499
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:54:34 PM
Uuuummmmmmmm... She's not into the institutions of marriage and kids would be my assumption. My kind of girl.
 jallensc
Msg: 500
Never married & no kids
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:25:01 AM
I barely get facial hairs and I'm 36.

Age has nothing to do with anything for me. I'd live to be 120 if I didn't smoke.

So...... ??? Some dudes are very smart and planned things this way.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids