Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wonbyjc
Msg: 51
Never married & no kidsPage 3 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I am sorry, but I would make assumptions. Something is wrong. If you do read on and the profile doesnt address it, then RUN! After all, there are POF!
 gothchilde
Msg: 52
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/13/2007 8:50:37 PM
Hmmm... 39, no ring, no spawn. Sigh. I actually had some serious reasons for getting this far without children or marriage- hadn't found my mate, yet, and I grew up in poverty (still there, technically)- I didn't want to raise a child in that situation. Wanted to get my head together, first. Get an education, find a career. You know, the polish to the diamond in the rough.

To the fellow who posted earlier with the assumption that a reason for being on this site is because that person is ugly, is 'uglier' than anyone I've yet to meet here (that is, if the guy was serious- he may have merely made a failed attempt at irony). You need to get a clue, son- that attitude HAS to go. After all, YOU'RE here too. What does that make you? The only 'perfect physical specimen'? Specimen of something, certainly, and certainly not perfect.

A person in their twenties making the decision to wait for marriage and children IS mature, in my book. Period. Imagine someone who can sit down and think about something so long-view at that age; isn't that remarkable?

I'm not ugly, physically, or otherwise, and it's my belief that most of the folks on here aren't either. To categorize the folks who use this site in such a shallow fashion is truly sad. Son, why are you even here? Surely someone who is so 'well-endowed' can find a mate elsewhere. Or maybe your participation is only a time-waster where you can make yourself feel big by cutting down others who wish to find something we ALL need; love.

Buddy, you need help, if that attitude is representitive of your personality. I sincerely hope it isn't...

Keep it surreal.
 maryrachelle
Msg: 53
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 9:03:58 AM
Someone who would assume that something is wrong with you because you do not have failed marriages and children trailing behind you is an idiot. I would be more Leary of the person with the failed marriages and kids then the person who decided not to get married and have kids until it was the right time. Personally for me the right time to have kids will be NEVER !! I can not understand people who want the whining ,snot nosed ,temper tantrum throwing brats.What a waste of time and energy.
 wonbyjc
Msg: 54
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 10:30:01 AM
Mainly if they are over 30 though
 wonbyjc
Msg: 55
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 10:30:11 AM
Mainly if they are over 40 though
 maryrachelle
Msg: 56
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 10:39:06 AM
^^^^^someone can not make up her mind. Which one is it ?? mainly over 30 or 40?
 Pucks
Msg: 57
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 11:03:14 AM
Everyone is unique and we all have different experiences in our life.

Assumptions are the mother of all **** ups.
 cdnjackal
Msg: 58
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 11:11:53 AM
What drivel, good God it is 2007 right? at least when I woke up this morning it was 2007, Ive never thought that I would ever hear that a person in their 40's never been married, no children and thats makes you loser, something wrong, problems committing, and any other negative assumptions? and you wonder why some people run from people like you?

There are many reason why someone hasn't married? you cant lump them all together, the fact that I own my own place, have a car,vacation a few times year, financially independent but because I haven't been married, no children, no crazy ex wife, multiple alimony payments or fighting over custody and child supports payments makes me undesirable to some of you ladies? good lord
 moundpuppy
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 1:31:25 PM
makes you wonder where the world is going doesn't it. If a person that is not married and no kids is to be weary of, then what is a single person to think of someone that has been married, divorced with kids. personally I have no problem with a woman being divorced with kids or a single woman never married and no kids. But the look could be reversed quite as easily. What could have been the problem there, Not enough caring or devotion, committment, faith, trust, and ect. Why couldn't they make it work . We all have things that are important to us and what we do to handle them is with in us and of no one elses business. Personally I lost a relationship just because of an accident causing me not to be able to father a child. I think the lady needed to grow the hell up and the likes but I also figured that was her right to live her life as she saw fit. Would have given her the world if I had been given the chance but why the hell. isn't it strange how people think that a person has to have made stupid mistakes and had to have rebounding problems due to that fact just to be normal. We all make mistakes but why make the one that will be a result that may last a lifetime afterwards. Sorry but I don't think so. I am not apposed to marriage but when I make the step I am going to be sure in my mind that thats the step I want to make. As far as kids well thats another matter and it will be discussed openly and upfront. I have no problem with kids as they seem to flock around me always asking me questions and following me. Don't mind it that they ask and they need to know if they are young. They make the world go round. its all on how you look at things for sure.

Moundpuppy
 youheartme
Msg: 60
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 4:51:41 PM
At this time in my life, I don't believe in marriage. I also don't think it would be responsible for me to give birth to children. So,...society, you're welcome.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 61
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:33:18 PM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

I wouldn't assume or question. I find that a good quality/trait, nothing troubling about that to me.
 YoungOldDude
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/14/2007 7:42:21 PM
If I catch a hint of negative assumptions...I smile, turn and walk the other way.
No time to deal with that kind of crap! I've made good choices in some areas of my life, don't give me crap about it!
 Sigi
Msg: 63
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/15/2007 4:11:27 PM

You see a profile of interest & he or she is 30something & up, as you continue 2 read a lil further, you notice that he or she has never been married & has 0 kids, do you question why or just immediately make assumptions?

Why would you question me or immediately making assumptions?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 64
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/16/2007 11:06:03 AM
I don't make assumptions about someone who has never been married and has no kids. Why should I?

Oddly, I am currently involved with someone who has never married or had kids and although it doesn't give me even a moments hesitation, it bothers my mom and my friends. Go figure.
 jeepin
Msg: 65
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/17/2007 7:09:02 AM
A person that makes no assumptions about a person after learning two huge facts about them (not married/no kids) to me seems pretty unperceptive. You don't have to make ignorant or bad assumptions, you can make perfectly good assumptions about the information. Forming no opinion at all sounds pretty indecisive. Without a biological impairment (mental or physical) it will always mean the person has priorities placed higher than intimate family life.
 -SweetHeart-
Msg: 66
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:43:58 AM
Where are those profiles? I need someone well over 30 without kids!

I'd assume he isn't into having a family, never found someone to have kids with, or maybe he's still searching....
 Miss W
Msg: 67
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/17/2007 12:26:23 PM
I'm 47, have never married or had kids and am fine with it. I haven't ruled it out, it has just never felt right. One of my friends sang at the 1st wedding of a 58 year old last year, so anything is possible.

I am the type of person who would rather be alone and happy than encumbered and miserable. My reasons are that I have watched some family and friends marry more than once and be unhappy. I have had opportunities to do so, and have always believed that when/if it was meant to happen, it would.

I have not had kids because I have never married and I am old-fashioned in that respect. it is also a tremendous responsibility and I have never felt that I could live up to my standards. By the same toke, I have lots of nieces and nephews and have watched and participated in the raising of some of my friends kids. This has been satisfying. As I tell people, I love to spoil, hop them up on sugar and give 'em back!

When I was in my 30's, people would get very intrusive with the questions and comments, like you are a "pretty girl", why? I had a repetoire of smart a$$ed replies such as: I was meant to be a mistress, hide your husband. This would shut them up and send them on their merry way.

As I've gotten older, no one gives me any nonsense. They are either stunned or congratulate me.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/17/2007 2:16:03 PM
had a few opportunities when younger, but hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

one friend has had all the kids, then he had 2 female friends stay over, both got pregnant by some strange man and the kids looked like him, his missus went up north to see some of her friends and stayed there and married him... plenty of friends who got married, divorced - one of whom seems to have given the ex everything to get away..

used to stutter badly, which sort of knocked the self confidence, especially having excellent hearing and hearing the comments... so marriage never was a major thing for me, but not religious either

looking around here and there, if it happens it will, if it does not, then it won't
 sofishtikated
Msg: 69
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/18/2007 8:46:53 AM
i don't question why, but i move on because i don't want children so i tend not to date men who are childless...
because in all likelihood they are going to want some...and i think they should...having children is the best, most rewarding experience in life.
 cRiS925
Msg: 70
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/19/2007 3:11:20 AM
So, do men become suspicious of women who are over 30, never married and never mothered a child?

And if so, what are the suspicions?

I am very curious to know....
 AerylonBW
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/1/2007 4:02:43 PM

So, do men become suspicious of women who are over 30, never married and never mothered a child?

And if so, what are the suspicions?

I am very curious to know....

Well me for one, I'm not like that, but to make my own "assumption" to this curiosity of yours, some men might look at it as you are unwilling to commit to a long term relationship, whether it is marriage, or something else. While others would look at it as that you are only waiting for "the one." Either case requires the man to assume something about you. And personally, I do not like to make suppositions about people I don't know.

Rather than make an assumption, I would just ask. But thats me. I do not beat around the bush in regards to my "love life"... If I am comfortable with someone, they will know that, because I will tell them. If it doesn't work out, whether its anyone's fault or not, then it doesn't work out. Each relationship we have in our lives, whether they're our friends, family or a love interest tells everyone around us who we really are. And if you look at it long enough, you'll figure out pretty quickly that all men, and all women pretty much want the same thing. The difference however, is not as simple. Who we choose to date, who we choose to marry, and who we choose as our friends, is a direct light of who we are inside. And there is the key.
If you know yourself, then you know what you want, and what you need.
I think thats enough rambling for one day eh? lol

Daniel
myspace.com/aerylonblackwolf
 simpleysomeone
Msg: 72
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:11:03 AM
well i don't make asumtions simple I dont have children my self and my form long term soul mate had no interest in them, and it was not a major issue with me most of my friends had children and i was with them so much you just wound up helping out,

so its just hard to say why someone has no children. until you have some facts its a good idea to not put to huch thought into it. now i understand most ppl do the oposite.
and smile while doing it.
 simpleysomeone
Msg: 73
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:20:55 AM
shes a crazzy assed **** and is cold as hell
a over achiver type -A and hates men but decided shes no longer into women.

shes working over time to get a family..

has killed her prvious huby and child for insurance.
has a family but left them.

she was a major slut for years and has had a few surical procedures to help her out..

ohh those are a few i heard but ive never actually bothered..
since im single and have been for 3 years that would be like hiting my self with an ice pick..
now my x gf.. she was a typical type -a didnt like kids.. and never hid it. but oddly shes vary good with children is a wonderful teacher.. its more she never wanted children..

so good luck in your curiosity. ive never under stood why ppl make certain asumtions.
now im terrble with asuptions with guys lol i asume the worst due to the fct im a guy and have to watch my own motivtions lol.. and most of the guys i know or have were total jerks to female friends. so im biased.
 graphixman1970
Msg: 74
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:45:32 PM
I can't speak for all men but no I don't become suspicious of a woman over 30 who has never married and has no children. She more than likely has yet to meet the right guy for her. I wonder though if this single gal has friends that just know the perfect someone for her to meet. Gotta love those situations!

I guess I like to go by the ole rule, judge not for that judgment is for you.
 qteondtyn619
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 7/2/2007 9:41:32 PM
I agree we are smart enough not to breed. It is call planning why go and have kids with everyone that says I love you....why not get married first. I am 41, never married and have no kids and no regrets or anything. I am not into have illegitimate kids for my sake as well as the child.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids