Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Turn Off Triggers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Girlflower
Msg: 151
Dating Turn Off TriggersPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Te Jay know exactly what you mean by the indecisive guy!

They make you feel like a walking entertainment section of the newspaper....lol. If they can't help you decide on the first date it means a lifetime of... What do you want to do? I donno, what do you want to do.. then your the bad guy cuz it's always up to you to make sure they have a good time! Yucky yucky yucky...lol

So I guess... I dunno what do you want to do? is another dating turnoff for me!

I post the musical happenings in my area every week in my two counties online here just so they know there are places to go... Friday, Saturday and Sunday! !!
 Truucha
Msg: 152
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:38:07 PM
indecisive..................I'm willing to bet if and when the guy directs every aspect of the date, the same poeple will be reporting back that "Date was too bossy" or "I had no input on the date", or "he took me somewhere I didn't like"
I say stick to the park, go for a walk, feed some ducks. Go with the flow. You can't please all the people all the time.
 A Cinnamon Girl
Msg: 153
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:21:04 PM
Bad table and social manners. Anyone asking if my, "Collars and cuffs match?", is a goner. Being rude to the waiter.... he is a goner! Eating with your mouth open, chewing gum like a masticating ungulate 24/7, spitting on the sidewalk........ Poor hygiene is a big one too!
 talksalot02
Msg: 154
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:29:46 PM
I've actually used the talking about exes thing to get rid of guys. Most of them went away. One would not take a hint, and stuck around until I actually made him leave by telling him how much better in bed they all were than him...LOL!!! No, I really didn't do that, but I did break it off with him.
 dannyebreeze
Msg: 155
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:33:35 PM
Good lord Girl, Thursday to Monday, put people on an apparently tight string and they will disappoint every time, maybe back up and loosen the trigger finger a little, not everyone has the same pull pressure, an unspoken requirement is a good trigger, but only after it happens, then both lose, bet he is still saying, whattttt. Think you jumped ahead to far in expectations, would hate to meet you in a dark alley.
 blanche dubois
Msg: 156
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:53:38 PM
men who name their penis
 Truucha
Msg: 157
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/12/2007 10:06:53 PM

men who name their penis

Now why you gotta hate on the dawg like that....lol
 Girlflower
Msg: 158
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/13/2007 5:05:10 AM
Thanks.. dannybreeze... I have become more laid back since with the help of the groups imput. I think my dating skills were rusty... I've started to mellow out a little since I started this thread but I'm still not up for the game player...

as for the dark alley you'd be happy to meet me there as I would be the SuperWoman saving you from the mugger....lol. Overall I stand by my decision with this guy's Thursday to Sunday disappearing act as being an insult to my intelligence... especially since the "excuses" changed not once but more than three times why I was left hanging..like my Momma used to say "this Cats got a lot of tales" making all those little red flags pop up in my head . He made no attempt to reconcile the parting so that speaks volumes about his intentions. But....in the future I'll be sure to count to 10... take a deep breath and tell myself to rethink my reaction... afterall nothing good ever comes from an emotional reaction. He is a terrific guy (afterall I did agree to go out with him) so he wasn't all that bad.... and I wish we had parted on a better note...

Going (bananas) in dating land.
 talksalot02
Msg: 159
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/13/2007 9:38:40 AM
My thought on the Thursday thru Monday thing is that if you aren't living together or married, it's NOYB. I lost a good man once who was out of area on his cell phone and I raised hell about why he didn't answer for the whole day. He said I wasn't his mother, or his wife, and he didn't want to be on such a short leash. I don't blame him. I've had people leave NUMEROUS messages for me saying "Where the hell are you?" and ride by my house simply because I didn't answer an email or phone message in what they considered due time. Nobody acts the same way all the time, and beware the ones who do, because they're acting.

One guy would say "I'm not married, I can do what I want." when I asked him questions he didn't want to answer, and finally, after awhile, HE started being the one to ask, and I got to say "I'm not married, you know.". That felt awesome! He hated it. hehehe
 Jade_38
Msg: 160
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/13/2007 10:09:56 AM
What turns me off are guys who ask you out on a date, and then have nothing to say. You know the guy I'm referring to. The strong silent type. You feel like an idiot, because you are doing all the talking, and just when you think it's you, and shut up so they can get a word in edgewise- silence, dead silence, ominous silence. Makes you want to crawl under the table. Guys the strong silent type went out with John Wayne. lol

My biggest turn off would have to be very bad teeth. Green, decaying teeth, jutting out in all directions. Come on! Visit an Orthodontist.
Or the guy who actually showed up on one of my dates with a wad of chewing tobacco in his mouth. Yuck!
He chewed it all night, not the worst, the worst was when he kissed me at the end of the date (not my idea)with it still in his mouth. Left me a nice parting gift. Gross!
Must have brushed my teeth one hundred times when I got home. The memory still makes me shudder.
 smileycheshirecat
Msg: 161
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 6/13/2007 3:11:55 PM
Shallowness.. Enough said
 VeraWithPets
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 3/1/2008 4:50:54 PM
Read This If You Want To Laugh Because It Really Just Happened To Me: I met a guy for the first time at Barnes & Noble for coffee and he kept FARTING! He must have farted every five minutes or so and never said peep about it. After the second or even the sixth time, it got difficult to ignore. He also did one other dating turnoff that hasn't yet been mentioned: he told me that I have nice breasts. Hello, where did you grow up that people mention body parts on the first date?! I never returned his emails and stand by my decision that it was for the best!
 LilyLewis
Msg: 163
Dating Turn Off Triggers
Posted: 3/2/2008 6:09:54 AM
One of my biggest dating turn offs is meeting men who need to be convinced that they shoud date me, or actually, that they should be dating at all.

It has nothing to do with me personally as much as it has to do with them and their dating readiness. It goes something like this, "My ex did this...I met this woman who...why do all women...how do I know that you won't...

I dated for a while and then stopped for a couple of reasons. The first being, I was not ready for dating and or a relationship and I didn't feel it was fair to put myself out there when I knew I wanted to be alone. When I started dating again, I met a lot of men who seem to think that it is my job to convince them of their dating/relationship readiness, to be their soft place to land in case they do not have enough faith or trust in themselves to gage whether of not they can handle a relationship. Again I stopped dating.

So now, once again, I have put myself out there, only to find that some men think it is OK to use others as a emotional guinea pig and believe it is my job to convince them to want to date again. However, this time, I have wised up, the minuet it starts to sound like a job interview, I ask for the check and make my exit.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Turn Off Triggers