Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cassie2425
Msg: 356
Mature WomanPage 18 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

LA guy, you look like you are closing in on 60. Karma looks her age. Browneyesboo is beautiful and looks younger than her age.

I read somewhere yesterday that if when someone says "you look younger than your age" they are basically saying, "you look younger than 50" (or whatever age you are). You're still 50 and they recognize that.

I think we all look our age, give or take a few. It's rarely that the average person looks 10 or 15 years younger or older. I said "average" which is like "some".
 dragonbytes
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 10:10:12 AM
I would never tell someone they looked good for your age. I agree at best it's a "backhanded compliment ".

But generally IRL we don't know the age of someone. It's only online that we post our age, and then we never know for sure if it's an honest age.

The only time in real life I get asked my age is where they offer a 10% discount on your entire grocery bill on Tuesdays if you are over 62, 80% of the time I get asked for an ID. On the other hand, a restaurant that has a 10% discount on over 55 rule, they never ask. The restaurant does give 10% on the entire bill regardless of who else is on the bill., I am sure they have a higher profit margin than the grocery store.

Since reading the forums, I often ask older men at the heath club their age, there are a lot of men in very good shape past the age of 65-75. Of course, they are regular health clubs users, so it isn't a random group, and usually I only ask those that work out a lot. If someone looks "feeble" I never bother asking. And I never ask women, it's too likely I would get a negative response.

Though many people do ask my mother who is 89 how old she is when she is at the health club. Then they often say, I wish my mother would go. IMO she does look over 80.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 10:10:39 AM
Maybe they assume that a mature women has gone through menopause and has lost her libido. It doesn't happen to all women, but it does to more than you might think.

Also, "It simply means she was most likely bored with sex with you." goes both ways.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 359
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 10:17:18 AM
Ya know...that menopause thang that isn't handled well by 'some' women?

I tell ya, it's one thing when there's no chemistry, but jeeze, I sometimes wonder if the apathy I sense on some dates is menopausal.

Talk about a blaise, stuffy and milquetoast experience.

Like, they have a pair of t!ts and show up for the date.

Might as well be eating chalk...

I'm sure some men don't handle manopause well either.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 360
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 10:41:04 AM

I'm sure some men don't handle manopause well either.

LOL My soon to be 38 yr old son, married with 6 children , recently bought a used, sporty looking 6 passenger, vehicle with a little more oooompfff than the minivan he is accustomed to driving. I got a good laugh from teasing him.
"So, the days of driving mom's little red sports car while you were in high school, spoiled you? Midlife crisis cure? A sporty looking car with some get up and go?"
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 10:48:46 AM

I would never tell someone they looked good for your age. I agree at best it's a "backhanded compliment "

At best? I would say at worst. The only way I'd see it as a backhanded compliment is if you're being introduced to someone you don't know, and you say "You look good/young For Your Age," when no age was expressed. The line usually follows with an age or age-range. As a side note, I don't see a difference in one's Sensitivities to good vs young. IMO, if someone presents you with their age, saying "Really? Well, you look good/young for your age," is a compliment and any 'backhand' would be one's sensitivities, IMO.

Bad news for everybody that believes they will stay eternally young.

A bit off topic, but, even if one's eternally not-that-old (ie 'young'), one won't live eternally anyway. By statistical chance, you'd die at some point anyway by something else other than age-related issues, given enough years flying by.

No amount of healthy eating or exercise will stop the decline.

It can slow it somewhat -- buy someone some time. But in the grand scheme of things, yeah, not much.

Injections. Surgeries will at best temporarily stop the visible decline

That's what most of it's about, right? :) Cosmetic fixups have improved a lot. Many people, you wouldn't even know, and they're not uber-expensive. And they're only going to get better, too. Add to that some hormone/chemical therapy/adjustments, too -- and it can be pretty Darn good.

In the meanwhile, your heart's capacity for work will decline, your strength and speed too.

In the not too distant future, we'll be growing our own hearts, and other organs & tissues, on the side and we'll have replaceable parts. We can already pretty much do that with a bladder. This type of stuff will extend people's lives pretty well. But for many the brain will start to go even with all that extending, although in the not too distant future after that, we'll have electronic inputs for enhancement and extra memory/efficiency up there. Add to that, mastering the understanding of (human) DNA, we'll slow aging down to a decent degree on top of it.

But, most people already 40+ probably won't see much benefit from this. It'll probably be people 10 years old or younger who will.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 11:04:58 AM
For many women, they completely lose all desire. Not just physical, but emotional too. Not only is sex no longer an interest, but they don't even feel the need to be warm, to show affection, to provide the emotional component that they once did. They no longer feel the thrill of a relationship. They become completely indifferent, even resistant. It can be quite distressing to see a lover do a complete 180. Here's a quote from a great article:

"Only now can I see what a monumental change she went through. She moved from the role of wife, mother and lover to this matriarchal authority figure. That was a real challenge for me."
 cassie2425
Msg: 363
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 11:17:12 AM

LOL My soon to be 38 yr old son, married with 6 children , recently bought a used, sporty looking 6 passenger, vehicle with a little more oooompfff than the minivan he is accustomed to driving. I got a good laugh from teasing him.
"So, the days of driving mom's little red sports car while you were in high school, spoiled you? Midlife crisis cure? A sporty looking car with some get up and go?"

No disrespect meant but there is no such thing as a "sporty looking 6 passenger vehicle..." To many of us when we think of "sporty" we think of Clooney's Corvette or a Mustang/Camaro or a Miata or something. But nothing in a 6 passenger comes to mind. Even a Jeep Grand Cherokee is slightly a step up from a mini-van and hardly a mid-life crisis cure. IMO.

BTW, I gave my son my 2003 Chrysler Sebring last summer. He's not "sporty" either with 3 kids.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 11:25:49 AM
Miata hehehe. Somewhere, Chad McQueen is laughing at you.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 365
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 12:36:17 PM
LOL, Son used the word "Sporty" to describe his new/used Volkswagon. "Sporty" is in the eyes of the beholder. I think it also has more to do with, when he steps on the gas, Vroooom It goes! (Unlike the minivan, LOL)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 366
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 8:06:48 PM

I don't see any problem with seeing some people look older or younger than their chronological age.

I don't think most people have a problem with people who actually DO look younger than their chronological age.

It's the people who are under a DELUSION that they look younger, when they really don't, despite their claims of so many people-besides themselves- telling them that they do (whose to say those people are being really sincere?)
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 367
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 12:16:58 AM
I get to check people's driver licenses regularly--trust me most people look their age if not older--it has been really shocking! I don't know if it is the fast pace life style, or poor quality food, but some 30 year olds look like they are pushing 50!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 7:05:32 AM

It's my fault. I don't like when people use that phrase 'people say I'm younger than my age' what follows is they want you to guess their age. I always feel compelled to say some ridiculously low number so as to not insult them.
I am 'people' but it's not fair to ask me in the first place.

Very funny and true.

If a woman asks me to guess her age, I usually guess on the low side, because I know what she wants to hear and why she asks.

If a man asks, I usually add a few years because I also know why they are asking, but men are less sensitive about age than women, and I want to get it right.

In either case, if I add a few years, I usually verbalize my thought process so they know why I added a few years.

A few times 4 years ago I would ask people to guess my age, but after giving it some thought, I realized they would never give a true answer, either guessing low or high for various reasons. Age only rarely comes up, mostly when I ask for a senior discount. As I said before, guys I know in the gym because they come in frequently, I ask their age if they seem in good shape but look older than ~55. One guy was 65 and lifting a really impressive amount of weight. Quite a few men over 75 are in pretty good shape, but they are very regular gym rats.

Two men that are over 60 but in fantastic shape hit on women by offering to help with their workout program. It becomes fairly obvious when you see them 3 days a week and how they interact with other members. But the majority of people in the gym are focusing on their own workouts and not other people.

Now in Thailand, people asking your age is very common, they don't consider it an invasion of privacy to ask your age or comment on weight at times, and they are curious about foreigners. So when I was on my own, I would get asked the age question a couple times a week, especially common if I was working out in a free outdoor public "gym" they have in various parks.

However, I don't take Thai people seriously when they misjudge age, as they don't have much experience judging age in foreigners. It's mostly just amusing and can be downright comical when you are in a mixed group of male/female/foreigners with other Thais. They really mix up relative age in a group and are confused about the relationships in the group.

I know if I let my beard or hair on the sides of my head grow out, it adds 5-10 years to my apparent age. It's mostly all grey, but not in a distinguished way.
 Maleman999
Msg: 369
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 9:07:02 AM
I recall a few times when a woman would ask me how old I was, I would tell her, and when I asked her how old she is, the response I got was "It's rude to ask a woman what her age is." Can anyone explain the (il)logic behind that? Whenever I asked why it's considered rude, but not rude to ask a man what his age is, the answer was usually along the line of: "Cuz it just is."
 south_city
Msg: 370
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 9:31:14 AM
I wouldn't tell someone they look good for their age. But sometimes after people told me their age, I would say to myself (s)he looks older or younger than I thought they were. Genes along with how well you take care of yourself play a role.
 2ufo
Msg: 371
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 4:06:44 PM
I usually add a few years because I'm not a person with a lot of patience with silly questions.
Or maybe because I'm jealous because no one argues with me or asks to see identification when I ask for a senior discount.

On the other hand, no one asks me if I'm on Social Security yet, so maybe there's hope.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 372
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 6:59:44 PM

...............no one argues with me or asks to see identification when I ask for a senior discount.

LOL Been there, done that!
 AngeL_FeaT
Msg: 373
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/20/2016 8:58:51 AM

I don't think most people have a problem with people who actually DO look younger than their chronological age.

It's the people who are under a DELUSION that they look younger, when they really don't, despite their claims of so many people-besides themselves- telling them that they do (whose to say those people are being really sincere?)

Aging is genetic & environmental, at least the outward physical signs.
Once many people hit a certain age, they do get deluded, but deep down, they know the truth.
 2ufo
Msg: 374
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/20/2016 4:57:25 PM

but deep down, they know the truth.

Sometimes, I'm not so sure of that.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 375
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/20/2016 6:24:34 PM
When someone asks me to guess his or her age, I always respond with, "Open your mouth and let me see your teeth!" That usually stops them.

What are all those protuberances?
 Onyx49
Msg: 376
Older Women are Ball Busters
Posted: 3/21/2016 1:12:37 PM
A few years ago, I accidently had sex with an older woman...she was like 60...afterwards I was exhausted and in pain, she wanted and did every trick in the book, which explains those t.v commercials about ask your doctor if you're healthy enough for sex...because the old girl put me to the test...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 377
Posted: 3/21/2016 5:24:35 PM
^^^ we said we'd not speak of that night again :)
 flaneur001
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 5:32:56 PM
ONYX 49 :
I accidently had sex with an older woman..

How do you ACCIDENTLY have sex with an older woman?
 cooldog65
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 11:42:27 PM
^^^^^ She lost her balance and accidentally fell on his penis...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 11:44:23 PM

How do you ACCIDENTLY have sex with an older woman?

The same way you make a younger woman Accidently have sex with you? :) Beer goggles! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >