Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Mature WomanPage 23 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Miata hehehe. Somewhere, Chad McQueen is laughing at you.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 365
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 12:36:17 PM
LOL, Son used the word "Sporty" to describe his new/used Volkswagon. "Sporty" is in the eyes of the beholder. I think it also has more to do with, when he steps on the gas, Vroooom It goes! (Unlike the minivan, LOL)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 366
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/18/2016 8:06:48 PM

I don't see any problem with seeing some people look older or younger than their chronological age.

I don't think most people have a problem with people who actually DO look younger than their chronological age.

It's the people who are under a DELUSION that they look younger, when they really don't, despite their claims of so many people-besides themselves- telling them that they do (whose to say those people are being really sincere?)
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 367
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 12:16:58 AM
I get to check people's driver licenses regularly--trust me most people look their age if not older--it has been really shocking! I don't know if it is the fast pace life style, or poor quality food, but some 30 year olds look like they are pushing 50!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 7:05:32 AM

It's my fault. I don't like when people use that phrase 'people say I'm younger than my age' what follows is they want you to guess their age. I always feel compelled to say some ridiculously low number so as to not insult them.
I am 'people' but it's not fair to ask me in the first place.

Very funny and true.

If a woman asks me to guess her age, I usually guess on the low side, because I know what she wants to hear and why she asks.

If a man asks, I usually add a few years because I also know why they are asking, but men are less sensitive about age than women, and I want to get it right.

In either case, if I add a few years, I usually verbalize my thought process so they know why I added a few years.

A few times 4 years ago I would ask people to guess my age, but after giving it some thought, I realized they would never give a true answer, either guessing low or high for various reasons. Age only rarely comes up, mostly when I ask for a senior discount. As I said before, guys I know in the gym because they come in frequently, I ask their age if they seem in good shape but look older than ~55. One guy was 65 and lifting a really impressive amount of weight. Quite a few men over 75 are in pretty good shape, but they are very regular gym rats.

Two men that are over 60 but in fantastic shape hit on women by offering to help with their workout program. It becomes fairly obvious when you see them 3 days a week and how they interact with other members. But the majority of people in the gym are focusing on their own workouts and not other people.

Now in Thailand, people asking your age is very common, they don't consider it an invasion of privacy to ask your age or comment on weight at times, and they are curious about foreigners. So when I was on my own, I would get asked the age question a couple times a week, especially common if I was working out in a free outdoor public "gym" they have in various parks.

However, I don't take Thai people seriously when they misjudge age, as they don't have much experience judging age in foreigners. It's mostly just amusing and can be downright comical when you are in a mixed group of male/female/foreigners with other Thais. They really mix up relative age in a group and are confused about the relationships in the group.

I know if I let my beard or hair on the sides of my head grow out, it adds 5-10 years to my apparent age. It's mostly all grey, but not in a distinguished way.
 Maleman999
Msg: 369
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 9:07:02 AM
I recall a few times when a woman would ask me how old I was, I would tell her, and when I asked her how old she is, the response I got was "It's rude to ask a woman what her age is." Can anyone explain the (il)logic behind that? Whenever I asked why it's considered rude, but not rude to ask a man what his age is, the answer was usually along the line of: "Cuz it just is."
 south_city
Msg: 370
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 9:31:14 AM
I wouldn't tell someone they look good for their age. But sometimes after people told me their age, I would say to myself (s)he looks older or younger than I thought they were. Genes along with how well you take care of yourself play a role.
 2ufo
Msg: 371
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 4:06:44 PM
I usually add a few years because I'm not a person with a lot of patience with silly questions.
Or maybe because I'm jealous because no one argues with me or asks to see identification when I ask for a senior discount.

On the other hand, no one asks me if I'm on Social Security yet, so maybe there's hope.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 372
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/19/2016 6:59:44 PM

...............no one argues with me or asks to see identification when I ask for a senior discount.

LOL Been there, done that!
 AngeL_FeaT
Msg: 373
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/20/2016 8:58:51 AM

I don't think most people have a problem with people who actually DO look younger than their chronological age.

It's the people who are under a DELUSION that they look younger, when they really don't, despite their claims of so many people-besides themselves- telling them that they do (whose to say those people are being really sincere?)

Aging is genetic & environmental, at least the outward physical signs.
Once many people hit a certain age, they do get deluded, but deep down, they know the truth.
 2ufo
Msg: 374
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/20/2016 4:57:25 PM

but deep down, they know the truth.

Sometimes, I'm not so sure of that.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 375
Mature Woman
Posted: 3/20/2016 6:24:34 PM
When someone asks me to guess his or her age, I always respond with, "Open your mouth and let me see your teeth!" That usually stops them.

What are all those protuberances?
 Onyx49
Msg: 376
Older Women are Ball Busters
Posted: 3/21/2016 1:12:37 PM
A few years ago, I accidently had sex with an older woman...she was like 60...afterwards I was exhausted and in pain, she wanted and did every trick in the book, which explains those t.v commercials about ask your doctor if you're healthy enough for sex...because the old girl put me to the test...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 377
Posted: 3/21/2016 5:24:35 PM
^^^ we said we'd not speak of that night again :)
 flaneur001
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 5:32:56 PM
ONYX 49 :
I accidently had sex with an older woman..

How do you ACCIDENTLY have sex with an older woman?
 cooldog65
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 11:42:27 PM
^^^^^ She lost her balance and accidentally fell on his penis...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 11:44:23 PM

How do you ACCIDENTLY have sex with an older woman?

The same way you make a younger woman Accidently have sex with you? :) Beer goggles! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >