Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ponygrl™
Msg: 13
Plentyoffish Compatibility Test.Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
hmmm, let's see...i got a score of 42

self confidence:you feel quite comfortable interacting with other people, enjoy meeting new people, feel comfortable talking about yourself....well that is true, i think i get along great with people, i love meeting new people, and as for talking about myself my profile speaks for itself...

and can say more about what it says but i guess i'll end it at that.

now, can someone tell me if a 42 is good or bad?

okay, the 42 was in my profile now it has n/a.....what happened to the 42?
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 14
view profile
History
compatibility test
Posted: 5/4/2007 10:07:16 PM
What does the number mean? I checked three profiles and they showed 18, 27, and 209.

The profile was reasonably accurate, 80 to 90 percent to me. Some of the things didn't quite fit, but I was surprised that others fit so well.

I agree there should be an option to either show or not show the feature on the profile, and the same for other things. Anything that shows on the profile should be at the option of the person.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Plentyoffish Compatibility Test.
Posted: 5/4/2007 10:09:57 PM
I found the "Self-Confidence" section to be inaccurate. It says I do not like to interact with other people. Interestingly enough every other personality test pegs me as an extravert and people oriented.

The other sections, however are bang on!
 ponygrl™
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/4/2007 10:14:47 PM
i re-read the results from mine and they're right on the eye....i did have a "42" in my profile then it went poof...............where did it go? what does the number mean? is that the number of people that i'm compatible with or something? so far most of the profiles i've seen have n/a next to them......

i want my 42 back.............markus? why did you take that away from me and put n/a back in it's place?
 yayawhatever
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 10:30:59 PM
The compatibility link only leads me to the same result I got. Everytime! I don't think its possible that all of these people tested the same as I did.

hmmmm.. ???
 joseph cecil
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:21:43 PM
ok, Markus you've changed the world with your SUPERB work.. thanks for all the love and the POF website..

BUT, that personality test needs to be more refined, personality comes from the soul, though that's not widely discussed, but that's exactly why 2 year olds begin to show clear personality, the soul shines through, and that same personality is evident through the rest of one's life, shaded by events. Your test needs to be able to EVOLVE, and to LEARN.

I suggest you keep at this and RE-INVENT the personality test, or let it learn until it works well.. Must have better questions and more accurate answers.

THANKS FOREVER!!!
 nipoleon
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 12:22:47 AM
It can't possibly be correct.
There isn't anything there about how everybody would be better off if they would just agree to do whatever I say.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 1:43:30 AM
It looks like the link has been removed and results set back to N/A.

If you click on the link on the OP for this test you can choose to add the results to your profile or remove them.

Thanks Admin!
 yayawhatever
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 3:36:07 AM
I'm assuming thats what happened with mine. I read the questions carefully, but I can imagine ticking the wrong thing because I wasn't careful about the agreement versus disagreement factors. Only one section is off. I will accept the results, but to be tagged as low self-esteem and not comfortable around people may not be completely accurate. I have enough self-awareness to examine where some of this might be true, but to say I am uncomfortable around new people is backbuttwards. To say I am not comfortable talking about myself.. well.. lets just say.. most people wanna shut me up! (exhibit A)

I am a true blue ENFJ.. and I score high as an extrovert.

The rest of the test shows me as being very balanced and moderate.. which is completely accurate.

wanderer1999
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 7:10:58 AM
Some of the questions are worded in a wierd way, so if you're not paying close attention you can answer the opposite of what you intend.

OP might want to take a closer look at some of the questions.

Eg.

You are not easily humiliated

You tend not to be disturbed by xxxxx.

If someone is skimming through the question, they can easily answer the opposite, thus creating a profile that is almost a polar opposite of their base personality. For example, the question regarding humiliation depending on whether you hit agree or disagree will make you sound either very confident, or very shy.

Also, there's no way to correct the answers once you hit submit, a feature you might consider adding.
 Randominternetguy
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 8:22:03 AM
I thought about half of what the test indicated was right. Of course, I reserve the right to change which half I agree with.

My test had 48 questions, and I just took it this morning. Are we talking about the same test?

Bob

P.S. The Myers-Briggs test was right on. At least, I was an INTP, like I've been every time I've taken any MB test over the past 20 years.

While I dislike the site intensely, I liked the test I took at True.com. (When I took it, I didn't have to pay to get results. Some have told me since then that's no longer true.) I ended up with a 26 page report that I felt was remarkably accurate. It would have passed the 80% agreement the admin was polling about. The one I took at Yahoo Personals was pretty detailed also, and I would say it would have passed the 80% mark also. Both those tests involved a lot of questions, >100. Again, I didn't have to pay money to get the results, but I couldn't contact anyone without joining.

The tests over at Tickle seem pretty good too, at least, once you get by all the inducements for "free" results. I've found if I just said no and waited a week they gave me the free results anyway.
 PC2000
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 12:17:02 PM
My compatibility test results were fairly accurate and consistent with my character. Since I tend to agree with Dou01 on his assessment of this test........

“ it isn't long enough to minimize the possibility of people just answering what they know should be the way they feel rather than how they really do.”

..... for curiosity I analyzed the users compatibility test forum feedback answers based on gender versus test like/dislike and concluded that there is a well balanced relationship between the opposite gender and their test opinions.

Primarily I found out that females report significantly more accurate results that males and this is good news for me and the other males looking for a mate. Even though I started to see trends and correlations between opinions/profile/gender/age which could very well lead to interesting findings, I am not going to go any further. Also Eternelle’s opinion on the way the score is presented, could very well be the logical explanation to an opposite test result report.

PC2000
 24DegreeAngel
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 12:33:33 PM
I think the test is a good idea and potentially could be a cool feature.

However, I've done many of these both in my profession and for fun and I don't think this one very accurate.

Things like: I'm an introvert but don't lack self confidence. Sometimes I even get egotistical... I prefer to listen more than I speak but because I'm seeking to understand someone else before I talk. It had nothing to do with my feelings of self worth. This is fabulous for rapport building with another person. I make friends very easily but not faced with a group of strangers. I pick one person from the group and we become friends.... it's just different, not wrong.

Other things, I'm a big picture thinker, not a detail person but that makes me a great decision maker and not completely reckless and unproductive at work. I'm fabulous in management and leadership and I have learned to hire people to address the details because I do hate them.

My tests also came back and said I was this amazing family person. In reality, I have positives and weaknesses based on the answers I provided. The weaknesses weren't addressed.

I think for me this test comes out quite negitive or quite positive. Almost like, there is one ideal personality. If you match up, then great. If you don't it points out your weaknesses and your non matching to this ideal personality.

I'd be interested in seeing it match to other people. I know a description is one thing but something could be inaccurately described but the understanding could be there but so could the matching ability.

I know that eharmony's tests are EXTREMELY accurate when they display my personal results to me but the matches are all across the board and their matching is quite poor.

I'd like to see it in action... but if it's not working and misrepresenting me I want to be able to turn it off.
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/5/2007 3:56:30 PM
My results were very close I think, easy to do but also easy to skew the results by your input.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 5:57:15 PM
Aww wish I had copied the results before they all disappeared.

The results were very interesting. I would like to see them again.

The PCT is a great idea as long as people have the option of whether to include the results.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/6/2007 12:38:46 PM
the explaination of mine is still the same....not a single thing changed. the only problem that i have is that it's still not in my profile. i had to click on the link in the first page again to see if there were any changes.

is there an updated link to find out the results? when is it going to show in my profile...i clicked to add it to it but there's still nothing.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 6:10:51 PM
http://www.plentyoffish.com/personality.aspx?id=XX

Dug01, thank you!
 yayawhatever
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 4:05:29 PM
The results do seem much more accurate in my case.

It was difficult to find this thread to check the updated results though. I thought I would post to push it back to the top.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 5:34:01 PM
This is a different test tricky. Click the link in the OP and take that test. Then you'll know what we're talking about.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:28:38 PM
No, I'm sorry. I didn't know that the test was no longer available to those who hadn't already taken it.

Translation, you are so right. The beauty of this world is that in the next moment one can make another choice.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 51
view profile
History
plenty of fish compatibility test
Posted: 5/11/2007 11:28:44 PM
Another thing is did those who made the test interpret the answers forwards or backwards, and were they consistent in doing so.

Good questions are important, and making sure the answers can be clear.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >