Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 33
Headshots - Recognition & ReportingPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I had several photos deleted even though they showed my head and even my eyes in some of them.

"Some" is irrelevant. The Images you upload have to contain you in it with a Head Shot.

Related Links »Images: Image Problems

I have the same photos on , Facebook, Myspace , UKHippy and Hipforums and have not been deleted.

We don't care what their Policies are, here the Images you upload stipulate you to be clearly recognizable.

Related Links »Recognizable Headshot Criteria

Copyrighted? Yes my copyright.

Anything that is Copywritten you cannot upload.

Related Links »Forum Rules

Indecent? That would make all advertising for underwear indecent. Why should you not put your best foot forward?

No Nudity or Images that would otherwise be commonly considered Offensive.

Related Links »Images: Uploading Nudity
 MRK60
Msg: 34
view profile
History
PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:57:59 PM
I wish to use a photo of my daughter and I on a motorcycle. It won't upload. Is it being blocked?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 35
Headshots - Recognition & Reporting
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:46:54 PM
WHY would all these rules NOT be posted in ONE place?

On the Profile Image Uploads page click »» Add / Change / Delete Images where you will find ---> Images: Upload Problems. These Links are posted there because we expect you to read and understand the Data.

Does it tax someones intellect or resources too much?

Its all there, you just need to actually read it.

And the references to sunglass and head-angle shots is not ANYWHERE in the rules, it is in the Forumns.

There is a lot of Data, thus we expect you to read the Links and sub-links ... its all there.

Images: Upload Problems = a Categorical Breakdown to facilitate better Oversight, and its all clearly labeled. All that's left is the Intelligence and inititiative to read them.

Additioanlly the Private Pic thing is where I got hung up in the Celeb thing. No one was trying to play semantics, its called PRIVATE for a reason right? I again ask, if it is private and not Displayed on your PROFILE, why would anyone care, except someone on a control and power trip?

I don't care if you paste it on your Forehead. The Key Word is "Uploading" as in »» "Cartoons, celebrity, Torso and Joke pictures are not allowed."

WHAT is the point in having a private pic if it has to follow the same rules as a displayed one? A diff which makes no diff IS no diff.

In this Fashion you cannot attach Nudies to anyone, be it deliberately or inadvertantly.

And again, would it tax someones abilities to actually SAY "these rules apply to ALL pics, Displayed and Private?

The Key Word is "Upload". Understand it and you are well on your Way.

Thanks TickettoRide (if you did it). My upload works now and I will keep my photos private so they can't be used against me.

I see no Reference to the Uploading of any Images which are non-compliant.

So when all 4 of a profiles photo's are group pics.... Of four white blonds.... and her profile says she is a blond Caucasian... Uhhhhh no way to tell at all who the profile is for at all.....

If you cannot determine who the User in a Group Pic is, vote to delete and/or report as non-compliant Image.

Related Links:Images: Rating & Rejecting Images
 Ticketoride
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/18/2008 4:26:03 PM
This is a side-shot which is supposedly against the rules. WHY is this person permitted to keep her non-compliant pic and I was not?

Anyone found with Non-compliant Images will be reported, and will in due Time, when the Admin has a few Minutes left, delete those Pics and often rescind Upload Privileges. You are not getting any Reports from us about other Users, and vice versa. Beyond that, e-mail the Admin for a Reply, as Moderators do not remove User Images.

Report per the Link below:

Related Links:Plentyoffish: Report Channels
 Dactyl54
Msg: 37
headshots reporting
Posted: 9/29/2008 3:02:21 PM
I just looked at a member, where 5 of the 6 pics, he was wearing sunglasses.
I tried to load a pic of me with a camera near my face, and you could see my eyes and 99% of my face, but yet it was rejected.
 Padishar
Msg: 38
headshots reporting
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:45:18 PM
How would I show you a pic so that I can find out what is wrong with it?
 Older_N_Wiser
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 2:10:16 PM
I just had my primary pic deleted. It was a closeup of my eyes. Can I still use it as a [not primary] profile pic or a hiden pic?
 rhue53
Msg: 40
PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting
Posted: 1/28/2009 1:09:15 AM
all my pics it says is to small!!!!!!!!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 41
headshots reporting
Posted: 1/28/2009 11:21:26 PM
all my pics it says is to small!!!!!!!!

Related Links:Images: Image File Sizes
 13Macaque
Msg: 42
headshots reporting
Posted: 3/18/2009 6:29:54 PM
I noticed this is the 2nd time my profile pic has been removed. This time I believe it's because I am wearing a hat. If this is the case I think it's a little biased as I have been contacted by several men who are wearing caps including hats that cover their forehead and eyes. If needed I can likely give you the name of @ least one of these men. Their hair is also covered and although they have listed they have a certain colour of hair...they are currently bald. I guess I am cocenred that I have taken the plunge to show a "portion" of me although I may be attached to be told I can't put that pic on POF. I guess I will just need to post "I'm sorry to the men of POF" that although I want to visually show some of my personality I'm not able to comply. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/19/2009 1:05:10 AM

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

See message #116 ^^^
The links in that post that look like this....
Unacceptable Profile Pics
Reporting And deleting Main images
Reporting Image As Not Human
Profile Pics: Super close Ups
Profiles: Recognizable Headshot Criteria

...will answer your question.
 Carlsbad!
Msg: 46
headshots reporting
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:35:42 PM
What image is wrong?
 restless_native
Msg: 47
view profile
History
headshots reporting
Posted: 6/6/2009 4:33:47 PM
When you try to upload images all you see are these guidelines.

Cartoons, celebrity, Torso and Joke pictures are not allowed.
Make sure the image is in JPG, BMP or GIF format.
You can share these private pictures with other members when sending them a message.
You can now edit your thumbnails, if they are distorted!
More help for Add / Change / Delete Images Allow others to rate your image
Serious Users can upload 16 images instead of the normal 8.
ALL pictures MUST contain you in it with a visible head shot at minimum

If there are so many other ambiguous criteria as detailed throughout this thread and referred to on others would it not be a good idea to make the uploading instructions far more specific to avoid confusion?
 obordens
Msg: 48
headshots reporting
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:13:06 AM
i don't understand i used o be able to chat in here now it seems like i can't do that now either i don't undertsand whats wrong ok i get it head shots only ok
 ZOOT_MAN
Msg: 49
view profile
History
headshots reporting
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:00:23 AM
It seems the angle of the shot of me in a suit was unacceptable. How do I get a new better shot onto my profile when I have no browse button available?
 rickStarwindwalker
Msg: 51
view profile
History
headshots reporting
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:30:42 PM
A while ago I had my Main Photo removed. I have since replaced it with a more appropriate shot and added the first and a few others to my profile. While I understand why some were removed, I do not understand why, if I have already posted two perfectly acceptable head shots, my original pic has been removed again, twice. Has it been reported by users, or removed by admin?

There is nothing hidden I have not already displayed for public view. Since my entire head and face are visible in the 2 current pics, the shot showing off my creativity and an even more clear and closer view of my face, as dramatic as it is, should be allowed in the 3rd position. It is perfectly logical, because, if you read my profile, you see the visual arts are my main focus [p.i.]. I have worked everything from weddings to Hollywood features. I would like my talent and spirit to be displayed as well as my face. This is why I combined the two in one image. I am proud of the result.

Two other singles sites have no problem with me using the image as my Main Photo. I've been told it is sexy, mysterious and conveys my intelligence. I will post it one more time so you can make a determination. If it is removed again, I feel this site may not suit my needs and I may delete my profile altogether. I prefer not to go that way.......
 rickStarwindwalker
Msg: 52
view profile
History
headshots reporting
Posted: 10/26/2009 8:14:42 PM
I've switched the main photo to one with my eyes visible.

Photos are here so people can see WHO WE ARE. My creative side is part of who I am, and again, it is why I combined the face and art. I disagree with the notion that this is what my "fellow members" want. When perhaps only a few, or even just one, disapprove, it is not indicative of the group as a whole. I do not display myself to be judged by those who would not be interested in me anyway. I post in hopes of attracting someone who would be interested. Anyone who reports such, let's be realistic here, non-offensive photos, would not be anyone I would consider dating or contacting anyway, and their opinion is of no consequence to me.

I agree; nudity, obscene gestures, racist symbols and other socially offensive pics should not be posted on this site, nor should celeb or any pic not of, or including yourself [though I've seen plenty of pet-only shots, so why not just my car?].

If a face were completely obscured or distorted beyond the point of recognition, by all means, remove it. As long as one's Main Photo satisfies the strict guidelines, there's really no good reason extreme close-ups with partial faces or glasses or minimal effects should be disallowed as additional profile shots.

I'll be working on replacing my photos with more acceptable one's in the very near future.......
 DaveInMableton
Msg: 53
headshots reporting
Posted: 10/28/2009 4:25:12 AM

As long as one's Main Photo satisfies the strict guidelines, there's really no good reason extreme close-ups with partial faces or glasses or minimal effects should be disallowed as additional profile shots.

The very good reason is simple. IT IS THE RULES OF THIS SITE, that all photos must include a clear and recognizanble head shot of YOU
 Ed Bear
Msg: 54
view profile
History
headshots reporting
Posted: 10/31/2009 2:30:38 AM
I saw a mention of allowing animals or the like as 3rd or 4th photo - I hope that means as one of 4 or 5, because we don't control what order our photos appear in save for the main one. And they seem to shuffle randomly when one
is added or deleted.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: When I rated only women's photos, I harldy ever ran into problems. Then, as away of comparing the male/female ratio, I tried rating both (getting about 60 male photos to each female) and was astonished by the quantity of gross crotch shots and torso flashes. So I try to do the good thing and make PoF better, while striving to not be too picky because of precisely the sort of tales of woe we see here - and having one of my own images inexplicably removed after serving for years. (Full face, both eyes, clearly the same person as my 6 others but with dark contact lenses.)

SO - sometimes I hit the wrong button, or the screen image moves because it wasn't fully loaded, or I see too late that what I thought was a nice photo has a Naughty Bit in it, or no shirt despite being only a bit of shoulder visible..

CAN WE CORRECT OUR VOTE?

The browser "back" button DOES take me back and let me vote again, but I don't know how the site treats this. Does it count both votes? Does it reject the second one as a dupe? Or does it do what I think the best thing, which is to allow the sober second thought (a Canadian tradition) to replace the first vote?

I do want to help filter out the phalluses, dog genitals, album covers and solarized mysteries, but I feel terrible thinking I could be causing nastygrams and suspensions for innocent viewers, particularly newbies. I know it's tempting to have one photo showing oneself doing something one loves, even if one's face is hard to see, in a row of six to eight shots.

ED BEAR
 mermaid411
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:05:01 AM
Hi there...
I wanted to upload some new photo's and am finding the option not available. Please release the format or let me know if there is something I can do to move forward with some new images. Thanks so much!
Peach

P.S. are you going to make available these cute little icons at the bottom of this page? The Holiday guys are very cute!!!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/3/2009 10:59:05 AM
CAN WE CORRECT OUR VOTE? Does it reject the second one as a dupe?

1 Vote, you can't change it, tied to your User ID. You can't vote again and have it registered, otherwise 1 single Person could vote off any User's Pic. Further, it would unnecessarily tax Resources and subject the Database to Corruption.

SO - sometimes I hit the wrong button, or the screen image moves because it wasn't fully loaded, or I see too late that what I thought was a nice photo has a Naughty Bit in it, or no shirt despite being only a bit of shoulder visible.

That's why it takes far more than 1 Vote to approve/remove a User's Pic.

Just go at it a little slower.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2009 2:04:05 AM
That makes sense - though allowing a new vote to replace an existing one within 1 minute would seem better. But I'm not running this place.
Ed Bear
 Ticketoride
Msg: 58
headshots reporting
Posted: 11/26/2009 8:19:09 PM
I am trying to up load a picture which you can seen my face in but it keeps being delected!

Related Links:Images: Image Problems
 Ticketoride
Msg: 59
headshots reporting
Posted: 11/26/2009 10:21:41 PM
 Ticketoride
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/1/2009 4:07:35 PM
Could someone tell me how to report someone who is deliberatly hiding their face in their photo?

Related Links »Recognizable Headshot Criteria

if that is a reportable offence?

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >