Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DaveInMableton
Msg: 54
headshots reporting Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

As long as one's Main Photo satisfies the strict guidelines, there's really no good reason extreme close-ups with partial faces or glasses or minimal effects should be disallowed as additional profile shots.

The very good reason is simple. IT IS THE RULES OF THIS SITE, that all photos must include a clear and recognizanble head shot of YOU
 Ed Bear
Msg: 55
view profile
History
headshots reporting
Posted: 10/31/2009 2:30:38 AM
I saw a mention of allowing animals or the like as 3rd or 4th photo - I hope that means as one of 4 or 5, because we don't control what order our photos appear in save for the main one. And they seem to shuffle randomly when one
is added or deleted.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: When I rated only women's photos, I harldy ever ran into problems. Then, as away of comparing the male/female ratio, I tried rating both (getting about 60 male photos to each female) and was astonished by the quantity of gross crotch shots and torso flashes. So I try to do the good thing and make PoF better, while striving to not be too picky because of precisely the sort of tales of woe we see here - and having one of my own images inexplicably removed after serving for years. (Full face, both eyes, clearly the same person as my 6 others but with dark contact lenses.)

SO - sometimes I hit the wrong button, or the screen image moves because it wasn't fully loaded, or I see too late that what I thought was a nice photo has a Naughty Bit in it, or no shirt despite being only a bit of shoulder visible..

CAN WE CORRECT OUR VOTE?

The browser "back" button DOES take me back and let me vote again, but I don't know how the site treats this. Does it count both votes? Does it reject the second one as a dupe? Or does it do what I think the best thing, which is to allow the sober second thought (a Canadian tradition) to replace the first vote?

I do want to help filter out the phalluses, dog genitals, album covers and solarized mysteries, but I feel terrible thinking I could be causing nastygrams and suspensions for innocent viewers, particularly newbies. I know it's tempting to have one photo showing oneself doing something one loves, even if one's face is hard to see, in a row of six to eight shots.

ED BEAR
 mermaid411
Msg: 56
Headshots - Recognition & Reporting
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:05:01 AM
Hi there...
I wanted to upload some new photo's and am finding the option not available. Please release the format or let me know if there is something I can do to move forward with some new images. Thanks so much!
Peach

P.S. are you going to make available these cute little icons at the bottom of this page? The Holiday guys are very cute!!!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/3/2009 10:59:05 AM
CAN WE CORRECT OUR VOTE? Does it reject the second one as a dupe?

1 Vote, you can't change it, tied to your User ID. You can't vote again and have it registered, otherwise 1 single Person could vote off any User's Pic. Further, it would unnecessarily tax Resources and subject the Database to Corruption.

SO - sometimes I hit the wrong button, or the screen image moves because it wasn't fully loaded, or I see too late that what I thought was a nice photo has a Naughty Bit in it, or no shirt despite being only a bit of shoulder visible.

That's why it takes far more than 1 Vote to approve/remove a User's Pic.

Just go at it a little slower.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2009 2:04:05 AM
That makes sense - though allowing a new vote to replace an existing one within 1 minute would seem better. But I'm not running this place.
Ed Bear
 Ticketoride
Msg: 59
headshots reporting
Posted: 11/26/2009 8:19:09 PM
I am trying to up load a picture which you can seen my face in but it keeps being delected!

Related Links:Images: Image Problems
 Ticketoride
Msg: 60
headshots reporting
Posted: 11/26/2009 10:21:41 PM
Related Links:Plentyoffish: Report Channels
 Ticketoride
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/1/2009 4:07:35 PM
Could someone tell me how to report someone who is deliberatly hiding their face in their photo?

Related Links ยปRecognizable Headshot Criteria

if that is a reportable offence?

Related Links:Plentyoffish: Report Channels
 RushLuv
Msg: 62
PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting
Posted: 2/13/2010 11:03:15 AM
^^^Could it be because you aren't actually looking into the camera? It's a headshot but you're actually looking kind of downward.

There was reason why it was deleted.
 RushLuv
Msg: 63
PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting
Posted: 2/13/2010 6:48:20 PM
Also, what photos you don't find obscene, doesn't mean they aren't viewed as obscene in admins eyes.
 tomtpapa
Msg: 64
headshots reporting
Posted: 5/16/2010 9:10:49 AM
please, my full head shot is present, which i checked as main picture and a secondary head shot of the eye area only, i hope that is ok and thank you for your help. tomtpapa
 sistrgoldnhair
Msg: 65
headshots reporting
Posted: 12/9/2010 9:09:42 PM
My picture was deleted. It was me in a dress to my knees and you could see my face!!!!!......Why was this taken off. Do you people at POF even look at the pictures before you take them off????

lol What "People" at POF are you possibly referring to?

We have the owner/admin/programmer. One guy running a website with 8 million plus profiles. Thousands of reported pics a day probably. Another 1 thousand new pics uploaded a day maybe ? Who knows...

Thats it darlin! That is the staff at POF basically. One guy and a support rep that helps with billing/upgrades.

This site is all automated. Your fellow members approve or reject new photo's. They report photo's on your profile also. When enough people (takes a BUNCH) report you then the pics are removed. NO HUMAN from the POF STAFF is ever involved usually.

~Hams~
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2010 6:54:50 AM
I just received an automated msg from Markus
saying that my main image had been deleted for breaking one of the rules.

I've been a member on here for long enough now to know what they are!
It was a clear picture of my face and should not have been reported by anyone.

It can be difficult having a disability to take a good pic sometimes but I'm always careful.
It would be very unfair if my uploading priviledges were removed if this happens again!

All I can think of is that because I'm a meet host and recently sent out a mass email
other users may have thought I was sending out spam and as a result my photo was deleted?

I would expect that your profile would of been reported as a spammer not that your pic was illegal due to the mass email. But doing that mass email does get your profile in front of a lot of other people and make you more likely to also have your pic reported for sure. Your MAIN pic is the one they are pickiest about. Your current one is so dark I would not even recognize ya if you were sitting next to me in a bar and I use that as my guide on if the pic is valid. You must be recognizable. So pics to far away, with shades or or for any reason make you unrecognizable to me if you were standing right in front of me are not valid pics. Sorry. Have a friend help you get a decent main pic! Have them take it at your POF event if you have to. Everyone has camera phones these days and often several people at POF events have decent camera's

Cowboy
 yvetteo
Msg: 67
view profile
History
headshots reporting
Posted: 2/3/2011 10:22:36 PM
I have been trying to load my picture onto this website ever since I signed up and its just not working at all. The photos are fine--everything is visible--both eyes, etc., I took the photos about 6 months ago and the photos are absolutely within the guidelines. What shall I do? There's no way to contact anyone, no phone number. Is anybody out there who can help? I'm following all the steps.
Maybe this means plentyoffish isn't for me. I don't know. Please help. I've been wanting to join for ages.
Thanks!
 Holly63
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/13/2011 7:59:56 PM

Now someone has reported THAT one, apparently, it's gone today.

It takes a whole bunch of people reporting you to have your pics (and profile) deleted. One person cannot keep reporting, its a result of many and eventually deleted by the system. The Mods have nothing to do with it.

If you post a picture here it is supposed to be a clear recognizable picture of YOU. Not a dog, cat, flower etc.... People are not considering a date with the dog, cat, flower etc.

In your case your main pic was of a BADGER.

I am NOT impressed!

That is OK we are even then....as we were not at all impressed with the pic of the Badger you tried to pawn off on us here either

Omg! This is hilarious!
 wrestlerkw7147
Msg: 69
headshots reporting
Posted: 9/14/2011 6:02:15 PM
NOW...the system booted me inexplicably......i possess a 186 iq, phd from Harvard, more credentials than your entire administrative office combined.....but this archaic, convoluted, antiquated, obstreperous, idiotic system of yours ......simply not worth the effort to join this damn site
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 70
headshots reporting
Posted: 9/14/2011 6:08:25 PM
...and yet you joined. I'd rethink your credentials, age and the definition of obstreperous.
 Dansingrhyme12
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 5:17:49 PM
I had one picture on here...That was all. I just had some new photos taken and I was allowed to upload one, then I got all of these error messages and a bunch of jargon about what's required to post a photo on, "Plenty of Fish." One thing I didn't think would be required was, "Plenty of Headache." What gives? Is it my fault? Am I doing something wrong? Please help someone, and not in Greek this time.:)
 adolys
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Pic
Posted: 12/17/2011 9:02:22 PM
I am sorry to ask this question
what kind of picture can i put on my profile?

It would be beneficial if you read the very first post / message in this thread on page 1. However seeing you already have a private Image posted, it would also be of interest if you read the details on the Image Upload page. Either case, your question should be answered.

Petereaston
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/13/2012 4:45:24 AM
What an absolute crock.

I just had a main headshot deleted, which had been onsite for approximately 2 years, without incident because a couple disgruntled women wanted to complain about a photo in which I was bare chested, would click on my main pic as they couldn't click on my bare chested pic, and as a result it was deleted with my bare chested shot. But if this was the beach, it's okay, okay for women in bikinis on deck chairs also, with bare midriffs, also. I don't know about you, but where I live it's cold and there are no real beaches. I digress.

The main pic was a half full front facial pic, common to movie posters, album covers and other such material. If David Bowie is recognizable this way as well as Tom Cruise and Sly Stallone among others, I don't think there's a problem with me being reconized via the same technique as I have been. I highly doubt the persons responsible for marketing CDs, movies and promo material would put something out there that wasn't going to represent the artists in a manner the public couldn't identify.

I also want to mention that in the case of these 'disgruntled' users, the victim of their malice is not provided any form of redress to their mischief, which is ridiculous and dictatorial. More that one woman has commented to me about the above mentioned issues with comments such as 'Do they(the site) think we're all children?', ' That's absurdity' and 'The picture policy on this site sucks the most'.

I have over 100 women that have indicated they would like to meet me via your 'meet me' function, I have responded to three. If there is something offensive on my profile, I highly doubt (AND would place any wager on) that there would be over 100 women wanting to meet me. I take great pride in my appearance, I'm in great shape and when I say I'm looking for the same in a woman I will not be representing myself as a hypocrite, which, I've been told by many woman is a very desirable trait as they complain the men here are not in shape but expect them to be.

Which, brings me back to redress for those of us that fall into the position of being targets for the users with a perception that they're been ignored or as I've had it put to myself, 'dissed' because you won't respond to their message(s) and don't have any interest in them or having a relationship with them..yes, even after you've told them so.

It's a very real problem that I know I speak for a lot of users of this site about and it's time some maturity was exercised by the powers that be regarding the above mentioned as it's truly a pathetic monitoring and deletion method.
 chantylant
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/31/2012 10:51:37 PM
My pic conforms to all requirements - why doesn't it allow it?
 Petereaston
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/5/2012 1:16:13 PM
GROW UP 'markus' et al. The MALCONTENTS are USING this site to abuse and bend rules in ludicrous ways and YOU'RE enabling them!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/5/2012 1:44:59 PM

My pic conforms to all requirements - why doesn't it allow it?

That is a nice sunset, but I am have trouble picking you out in it.

I am thinking that may be your issue.
 NativeSinger
Msg: 77
headshots reporting
Posted: 9/28/2012 12:59:11 PM
Hello!
My profile picture was deleted ( I got a message from Markus) because it said it did not show my face and it clearly did-does! It may be small but it does show my eyes-both of them and my face so it does NOT violate the terms. I e-mailed about it and only got a from type response telling me the same thing that a picture has to show your face and mine clearly did/does. My profile pic had been up for a month or more and nobody had a problem with it-so I figure someone with "sour grapes" recently because I did not respond to a message from them reported it which it says that persons account can be deleted if they report someones picture/profile for no reason,spite or petty stuff but how would I know who that is and how would it get deleted?
Shoot I have seen all kinds of profiles on here that do not show someones face at all and they seem to stay up..and mine shows my whole face and body and gets deleted..???
It took a lot for me to even put a picture up where everyone would recognize me-I did not even want to put a picture up but I know nobody gets really qualified responses if they do not-though I still get more people responding who are not even remotely what I am looking for anyway so they either do not bother to read my profile or they just think I am going to change my mind or settle..which I will not do. I just want to mind my own business and not be bothered by people who have a problem with me not answering them if I feel they are not even close to my type which I clearly state in my profile what my type is and what I am looking for. Geez.

Anyway-any help here?
Thanks! Have a great day!
 Petereaston
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:17:42 AM
It's interesting that so many of these policies are only in place when it benefits the financial considerations of the website, yet when individuals try to do something in the same vein it's a basis to be terminated from using the site.

For example, I see lots of links to youtube videos etc on users profiles, yet a mention to something such as wikileaks gets a hammer down effect on the user. Not too many years ago, users were asked to link to a music supply site for profile theme songs(which, I thought was great and thoroughly enjoyed), though I suspect there was commerce involved favouring both sites, and then these linkings were fine with the POF site.

The policies relating to the profile pics run the gamut of the commonsense such as those related to full nudity of genitals to the inane of artistic photo compositions of just a face or partial face (that is easily recognized by those that know the subject) being complained about by those with axes to grind or the disgruntled.
This could be proven quite easily by the half face artistic renderings used on movie posters of actors such as Travolta, Cruise, DeNiro and others and singers such as David Bowie. Yet, even these ACCEPTED representations of the face by organizations with MILLIONS of dollars at stake in promotion are considered void here...it's about time some maturity entered into the operations of this website and it's picture policies.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting