Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1Singlemomxoxo
Msg: 48
Older single parents with younger kids?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I am 42 and I have been on POF for a few weeks and the men that are interested, are not interested with my kids ages 3 and 4. What types to write a nice profile because I am not ugly at all, quite the opposite.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 49
Older single parents with younger kids?
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:41:36 AM
^^if you need help with your profile, you can go to the profile review forum, to spruce up your profile if you think that's what you need. There are some tips on that forum's page you can get by clicking profile tips thread. You can also post a request to the reviewers about your profile and they MIT help you there. good luck,
 bamagrl68
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/24/2014 3:51:13 PM
LEGEND003- I'm 46, my youngest is 15, 3 five year olds?! I don't know HOW you do it, but kudos to you.
People that say no to children MIGHT mean they don't want ANY children around, or it might mean they don't want any more of their own.
I don't date men with young children, I have to admit, I just don't have the patience for little ones anymore.
I have a 1 year old grand daughter that I love to pieces, but I can send her home to my son after a day or two.
Look at it this way, it's better for people to honest about it, because the person that you are looking for is someone who CAN accept that you have little ones.
What is the expression? If you want apples go to an apple orchard (something like that).
There seems to be a social group or chat site for every thing on earth, if I were an older parent with a young child, I would join a group or a site for older parents with young children. :)
 Like2dance
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:54:05 PM
At 61 I have four children from 11 to 6 with my last wife. I meet many moms in their thirties at various activities but we are all so busy mommying and daddying that we have little time and energy to date.
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/7/2014 9:14:17 AM
Interesting thread. I encounter more than my share of men my age with very young children -- the products of a much younger wife who eventually left them for someone their own age [according to what I'm told]. I don't subscribe to the theory of "just because you can doesn't mean you should" [fathering children in middle-age is what I'm referring to]. I'm just curious how many of the men posting in this thread are victims of the younger woman syndrome and will be paying child support until they die? And if you could have a do-over, would you still father a child in your 50's?
 Like2dance
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2014 1:39:00 PM
I'm just curious how many of the men posting in this thread are victims of the younger woman syndrome and will be paying child support until they die? And if you could have a do-over, would you still father a child in your 50's?

While that may be true for many men in my case their young mother passed away from a stage 4 cancer.

BTW, I dearly love my young children and enjoy them immensely. I found a wonderful nanny for them. Would I do it over? YES!!!
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 7:37:17 AM
I am 42 and I have been on POF for a few weeks and the men that are interested, are not interested with my kids ages 3 and 4. What types to write a nice profile because I am not ugly at all, quite the opposite

It's not someone else's job to raise your kids but you and the biological father. There is a difference between the Personnel's and the Classified's where you post "Help Wanted" or "Now Hiring". Additionally, one would post job duties and the form and amount of payment.

Obviously I speak in jest but if you have high expectations, one would need to be forthcoming with the clarification of your expectations ( the role of the potential suitor) and what sort of compensational package your are providing for the continued fulfillment of these expectations.

P.S. The fact that you only date men 5'11" and taller right out of the friggin starting gate eliminates 76.9% of men ... :) sigh

Eternityboresme
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/9/2014 8:30:34 AM
^^i won't date an older men with school-aged children. If he is 55+ with a. Five year old, no way. I had my last child at 28. I'm 41 and I don't want to spend the rest of my life in the position of nanny to a man significantly older than me with children still in diapers.
 md21157
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 2:57:16 PM
Wow I'm 41 and my 2 youngest are 2 and 3 months, I new on here, but after reading some of the post, I'm wondering if I should just forget about dating if it is going to be this hard to find someone who is ok with younger kids ;-(
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2016 3:19:52 PM

Wow I'm 41 and my 2 youngest are 2 and 3 months, I new on here

One would wonder why you would be attempting to date with children so young, particularly a 3 month old? That means you are still lactating milk to feed a child you had just birthed from another man. Think maybe cooling your jets until they are out of diapers? At 41, it's not like you are going to be missing anything by delaying dating and focusing on your kids...babies.

I'm wondering if I should just forget about dating if it is going to be this hard to find someone who is ok with younger kids

Again, at 41 with kids so young, particularly one with special needs, it's unlikely to find a middle aged man that has on his bucket list, "I want to start raising some guy(s) infants for the next 20 years". Not that it doesn't happen, but those are typically younger women in your situation that may have the commodity of having subsequent children with the new spouse, younger parents that can baby-sit, youth, ect.

Not that you couldn't casually date but based on the timeline of having a infant and wanting to date so soon, it really screams that you are sending out a SOS, which guys can see miles away.
 MD_Orl
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/8/2016 2:32:24 PM

Wow I'm 41 and my 2 youngest are 2 and 3 months, I new on here, but after reading some of the post, I'm wondering if I should just forget about dating if it is going to be this hard to find someone who is ok with younger kids ;-(

I think you will be fine, but you will have to be patient. You will have some dangers too. Because of the age of your kids, you are going to be more vulnerable. Know this and be more cautious to balance this.

I was 31 with an 8 day old and 22-month-old children. My wife passed. The reality is you are going to date soon. You didn't have children to be a single parent (at least not in my situation). But it takes a special person to mesh with the situation. You yourself will have to learn to deal with all the changes in a way that is healthy for you AND the children. I was not married until I had raised my girls for 9 years. But I did date before that and I actually found it enjoyable.

Pursue dating if that is what you want. Yet still realize that it is going to take some work and patience.

I am now 55 and I am divorced with an 11-year-old son. I am his father and he has a mother, those are the realities. I am NOT looking for a mother for him in this situation. But he is not going away for the sake of dating either. It is different, but still possible. Yet there are women who do not want to date someone with younger kids. They feel it is their time now and they don't want anything getting in the way of them doing what they want. I respect that and wish them well, I am going to raise my son as his father. It just narrows the field in a natural way. Accept that and don't begrudge anyone for their honest stance on the issue.
 SMC501
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/24/2016 8:11:21 AM
I know this is a very old thread, but I am just getting back out there and am encountering the same thing. I am 49 with a 13 and 8 year old and 99% of the guys I have encountered are done with the kid thing and are looking forward to their time to do what they want. I get it, I really do. But I am not asking anyone to raise my kids, just be nice to them and get along. They already have two parents. I am getting frustrated and a bit depressed. I'm in the Calgary area, so if there are any men out there, let me know. LOL.
 Sevenout66
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/27/2016 1:13:58 PM
I'm in reverse, 49 with 8 year old son. Most women my age have teens or kids out of the house.
 DawnLuvs2Dance
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/1/2016 1:01:28 PM
Hi smc501
I'm single and in Calgary as well. Dating in Calgary is certainly interesting...lol. If you want to chat about it over coffee, send me a message. Sometimes it's great to have another friend in a similar boat.
 paul683
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2016 7:29:27 PM
I'm 54 yrs old and raising my daughter, who is 14 yrs old. I would never change it for the world, she is my last one so i'm enjoying it. But it's hard finding someone, just to date because i do have a child. Plus i get alot of replys from people who live over an hour away..very hard to do.
 Soul_mate_Wanted47
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/22/2017 4:51:57 PM
People are starting to have their children at an older age....more in their 30's now like I did. I am now almost 48 and have three....8, 14 and 15. But I think for the majority for me, the guys who are fathers on POF either have grown children, or younger children but don't have full custody of them so have more free time.
 CFRhino11isback
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2017 2:09:52 PM
I'm 56 and raising my 13 year old son. Women see it as having to compete instead of COMPLETE. I've been told countless times to make a choice - well......guess how that works out. Oh.....and yes.....I'm the custodial parent. My ex does help some but left saying, "I'm tired of being a mom, I just want to be grandma....." Not fair to the kid - I on the other hand love being dad. Where are the women that understand that?
 south_city
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/7/2017 10:45:26 AM
Perhaps expand your age range and include younger people in your search. I'm not suggesting a huge difference. But perhaps a 50 year old with a 10 year old child might find more people that are around 40 years old with children about the same age.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/7/2017 2:06:05 PM

I'm out there playing in the sand, jumping on the trampoline,

Me, too.

And I don't even have ANY kids.

The looks I get.
 benjamin1965
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2017 2:57:39 PM
As a single male parent of two wonderful boys ages 7 and 3 I find women my age are not interested in having children of any kind they're ready to actually go out and experience life have fun they raised their kids younger women on the other hand are again still not looking my whay because again I'm old so it's kind of a catch-22 situation for me
 benjamin1965
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2017 3:09:42 PM
Amen I just want to spend some time with someone
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 70
Older single parents who refuse to use punctuation
Posted: 8/22/2017 3:15:45 PM
"As a single male parent of two wonderful boys ages 7 and 3 I find women my age are not interested in having children of any kind they're ready to actually go out and experience life have fun they raised their kids younger women on the other hand are again still not looking my whay because again I'm old so it's kind of a catch-22 situation for me "

My grade 10 English teacher would've given you major shit for this " sentence "
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2017 5:06:53 PM
I will be 58 next month,,had my daughter at 31, there would be no way i would date a man with kids that are anything less than grown.
 Derek 1962
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 3:33:40 PM
I'm 55 male with a 12 year old she has been with me since birth, working full time but I wouldn't give it up for the earth never mind the world. It has its good points plus bad but then doesn't everything in life
Derek
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >