Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rsx11s
Msg: 57
Ziploc Omelets - Quick & Easy!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Here's a pretty good overview:

http://greennature.com/article2158.html
 WesternRose
Msg: 58
Ziploc Omelets - Quick & Easy!
Posted: 2/6/2008 10:39:17 PM
That is the method used in commercial kitchens.
The BC Ferries cook their scrambled eggs that way....in the baggie. Easy way to control the portions and only make what you need.. Easy clean up too.
 rsx11s
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:22:58 AM
30 years ago all the hippies believed if you cook in aluminum you'd get Alzheimers. Medical sceience said authotitatively this was absolute bunk and anybody that thought this was a dangerous lunatic.

Today medical science has proved aluminum is a causative factor in Alzheimers and don't recommend cooking in aluminum. Surprise surprise.

The cooking pouches used in commercial kitches are not the same plastic as baggies. They're "safe".

Real restaurants cook scrambled eggs in a stainless or cast iron frypan.

Here's an article from the University of Texas that explains why you shouldn't cook in baggies:

http://www.uthct.edu/fitnessoverforty/episodes/microwavingtidbits/

This doesn't mean baggies are unsafe, they'e fine at room temperatute or colder, but they are not meant to be cooked in unless you think polyvinyl chloride is a member of one of the basic food groups. It's pretty nasty stuff and is the subject of investigations worldwide as a source of allergies in children and certain liver cancers in adults. Vinyl siding and sex toys are made from the is same plastic. The vinyl siding formlation has been changed and people are urged to rip the old suff down.

Just because sombody points this out doesn't mean they eat twinkies. Chocolate, maybe, but unlike twinkies chocolate is good for you.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/2/2009 1:18:09 AM
when were a big group in the morning we make a large scramble(s) with side meats...

everyone knows its army style...feed the troops..

cooking in plastic sounds gross and lazy
 mik1950
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/2/2009 4:56:11 AM
if cooking in plastic sounds gross saggy...dont do it...dont poo poo on others for doing it tho...it sounds simple enough to do omelettes in a ziploc bag...and if it makes whoever is doing it happy...all is good no?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/2/2009 5:37:30 AM
Msg 80~

Im still allowed to express my opinion...just as you are.
 mik1950
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/2/2009 6:59:16 AM
saggy...what works for me generally...is if i see someone posting something and i dont like it...i stay out of that thread...unless of course there is an obvious health concern...of which there isnt really one in cooking an egg in a ziploc bag
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >