Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Baba_Ganoosh
Msg: 24
Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
you can copy and paste my picture of deez nuts and create a fake profile for him if it is REVENGE you seek. Hell, i'll even offer to help.

Sometimes, i swear, reading these threads makes my brain hurt. Who really cares if you don't get back to someone or not on A ONLINE DATING SITE? have a little more self-esteem and respect, who gives two shiate's.

FACTS:
Women: get more email than men on average, get more 'perverted' email's than men on average, and probably don't have as much willingness to respond to those same emails, ON AVERAGE. Also, for the men - have you noticed that women on here have more favorites which consist of the same sex than men?? Do yourself a favor - Don't be a douche!!

I do have to agree with Flipper Jones - feedback is always a good thing, even if it is to the common theme of "sorry, just not interested". Seems like the OP had really bad luck on that one...

/Baba/
 scorpiomover
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!
Posted: 5/11/2007 7:23:13 AM
That's so scary.

My first thought is: has this guy been diagnosed for Schizophrenia? Is he on Lithium?
He seems to have a hell of a lot of time on his hands, or made a ridiculous effort.

I know that I've got a bit of a rant on people. But the whole revenge thing, it's soooo passe.

Sounds like you just managed to run into the occasional nutcases. Should be locked up. Unfortunately, life is a bit like the Batman Cartoons. Most of the real loonies are on the outside, and a lot of perfectly nice and sane people are on the inside.

But it's difficult to shake someone off if you don't want them.

I met a woman talking to 2 friends of mine in the local bar on Valentines Day.
We got talking (just as friends) and she asked me to buy her a drink.
Normally I'd be too scared of offending a women to ask her if she wants a drink, but she asked and said she didn't have any money, so I bought her a drink. Didn't think anything of it. This happened again. But then she asked me if I wanted to **** her. I said no. She started to ask me why. Eventually I got fed up and moved to the other end of the bar. She got very angry and they had to throw her out.

So it happens both ways.

But don't give up, otherwise, what will all us nice, healthy sane people do for company?
Just date losers, or more psychopaths?

You just have be aware for when it does happen, but don't stop talking.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/11/2007 8:40:21 AM
LOL ok I don't blame you if you NEVER respond to anyone.

that is insane!
 SparkintheDark
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:23:40 AM
I'm done replying to all people I don't want to hear from. Apparently you can get your whole account deleted for being "mean" to other users, and franky, with some of the things people send me, I find it nearly impossible to be nice. So for me, no answer is the best answer.
 imaginos
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:38:01 AM
It is possible to supress the pop-up menu that appears upon right-clicking an image, thereby making the theft of posted images impractical if not impossible.

I'm surprised this site doesn't implement it - it's not that difficult.

Perhaps some tactfully worded emails to our illustrious admin may be of benefit?
 EC22
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:46:59 AM

I find it nearly impossible to be nice. So for me, no answer is the best answer.

That isn't always the solution either. Some people could get mad that you ignored them and send you rude emails. That has happened to some women here.
 cupidstrikes
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/18/2007 9:01:23 PM
That's no reason to change from a courteous person into a rude one.

If you go on a date and it goes bad, do you stop dating?
No, you just get back on that horse.

If you have a bad day because the server at the coffee shop or someone on the street was mean/rude to you, do you turn into an @sshole to everyone else around you?
No, because the others didn't wrong you.

Why should this be any different?

Sorry to hear what happened. You definately didn't deserve that. The world needs more people with proper ettiquete/mannerisms.
This guy obviously has some screws loose.

Just try to put it behind you and move forward to finding what it is you seek out there (or here in cyberdating land...lol)
 thegirliest
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/2/2008 6:56:42 AM
Maybe you should examine what you said. I just thank them for their kind attention but "I do not see a match, be well". I usually get a nice reply for that. Maybe you got a kook and should be glad you said no thanks!
 STLCARDSFANATIC
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:36:09 AM
OK, I can see why that would make you uncomfortable or freaked out and choose not to reply.
In the first message I always send a little thing at the bottom that says "If your not interested please delete my message and I will get the hint." I am fine if it is deleted and move on. There are some people though who will read the message and NOT RESPOND or DELETE . That to me is so irritating.
I dont understand that and just would like to know why. Are people to lazy to hit the delete button?
Whats your take on this?
 Vannili
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:14:10 AM
I always answered a message from wo/men some are nice and not nice. I responded in a polite and friendly way to these good people.. But to these perverts I gave them some words that will sink in to their core to think twice....
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:37:41 AM
OK..

From now on, I will reply to anyone who sends me more than "hi, how are you?" and any other type of e-mail that doesn't involve my being asked to f*ck.

You've convinced me that while I've been practicing sanity preservation as opposed to being rude by not replying... I guess being polite is a good way to be. Even if it does get stomped all over.

Demios
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/3/2008 8:44:59 AM
Another guy having a bad day ruining it from the rest of us. I sure hope is account got deleted.

As in everything in the world, behind the guys just looking for some, and the raving lunatics, there are alot of good guys just looking to hear back from someone. Don't let a lunatic like this stop you from responding politely to the messages you receive. Your initial impression can always be off, after all, it's only a introductory message.
 superbadzzz
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/3/2008 11:00:56 AM
yeah but he was actually a very nice man LOL.
 chrono1985
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/3/2008 1:27:42 PM
Well I myself gave up answering people I'm not interested in after not being answered hundreds of times, though if someone was to send a message asking why in a reasonable tone I would respond in kind.

Sorry for your luck, but well there are lots of people out on the net that are complete idiots. Just the other day I replied to someone asking how to do some rather simple stuff with programming on an obscure message board and got grilled by four people for pointing out where in the documentation of the programming kit they were using the information could be found in explained in such lucid detail that even someone new to programming could understand.
 pretty inn ink
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/3/2008 1:38:00 PM
unfortunately you happened to piss off someone who has no life. he prolly is a stalker anyways your better off. try not to let him piss you off easier said then done but that wasted energy isnt worth it cause im sure he is real winner anyways. good luck!
 misszmsz
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/3/2008 2:08:40 PM
when no photo is posted after I requested on then I sometime write: Got a PHOTO?

Most don't respond after that or if they do, they usually have nothing to say about themself.
 c_deacon
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 2:40:27 PM
Since I so need to see with whom I am communicating with, I have that down as one of my requirements to contact me, and they need to send that picture with the email in order for me to even know that it is there.

Pictures are just the visual part of getting to know one another, and an added item to that decision about if you will respond, or even try. If you lay out specifically enough what you are looking for and will respond to, and hopefully offer what you seek, it becomes much more that only those that are within that range of acceptance will even try.

Just like those that want someone younger than I am, why would I take the time to try or respond to another that has that as a requirement for contact and possible connection? There are some that will see the pictures, and read the profile and just know that using this form of communications, in this mode, that the other is not what they are interested in. If this is the case, most just do not respond.

I always like to be more tactful and kind and reply to that initial contact by either saying yes, or no thank you, and if they persist after that, I will consider not responding if they become derogatory, but if not, I will suggest that they spend some time getting to know me better with the forums. Once there most can find out if you can be friends or more, or nothing at all.

Just my opinion......
 serenity60
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:27:42 PM
asweetcatch.......

That is a great suggestion!! At least it can alleviate half the problem!!
 doink 1962
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:54:58 PM
Wow that is really too bad that peoplerespond that way. I have been told by a couple (ha,ha only a couple) of women they were not interested and I wrote them back saying "thank you" for your reply and good luck. Not sure why people can't do that, obviously were all not meant for each other no need to be an ass or be rude.SOrry time for me to get off the soapbox
 forforumfun
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/6/2008 1:51:44 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me once. On another site, some guy kept IMing me and being all perverted. I finally had to tell him that I was not interested in a booty call (even though it said I wasn't looking for one in my profile). He got all psycho, calling me all kinds of names and that I "acted like a booty call" (uh, by telling him I wasn't one?). He went on various other sites with my pic, calling me every name in the book. He finally created some fake profile about me on MySpace, calling it a "fan club", when it was some hate page about me (this was someone in their 30s too, btw). Someone told me about it and we got it deleted. I'm not sure why he was so obsessed with me. There are a lot of really scary guys out there. At least neither of these psychos knew where we live. I can't imagine if they did. No matter what you do, some freaks can't handle rejection and, like someone else said, they have no life and therefor have time to stalk you. No matter what you do (replying or not), they will find any excuse to show their mental illness.
 kzzza
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/6/2008 6:02:58 PM
Hi
If you do get agro you should report the profile
This site has far to many idiots that spoil it for genuine people.
 guitarharleydude
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/7/2008 9:00:06 AM
This is not funny and I am really sorry you had such a bad experience with a sick person. This site has many more of these than the paid sites. I still think that common courtesy should rule and you did the right thing.
 ryansmsk
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/8/2008 4:48:37 PM
have noticed that on here , some people just don't answer or reply back for whatever reasons . some its due to fact they get alot of emails and just not interested in most of the people who message them . you just have to learn not to take it personally and get on with things if they don't message back .
 mortalez
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:49:28 AM
Only time I dont answer is when I am in a relationship and thats only because I dont come here then.
 medana
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/3/2009 1:31:38 AM
what else do u need to know than him being a control freak w psychotic tendencies

GOOD JOB FOR FINDING OUT EARLY!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!