Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 misszmsz
Msg: 39
Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
when no photo is posted after I requested on then I sometime write: Got a PHOTO?

Most don't respond after that or if they do, they usually have nothing to say about themself.
 c_deacon
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!
Posted: 11/3/2008 2:40:27 PM
Since I so need to see with whom I am communicating with, I have that down as one of my requirements to contact me, and they need to send that picture with the email in order for me to even know that it is there.

Pictures are just the visual part of getting to know one another, and an added item to that decision about if you will respond, or even try. If you lay out specifically enough what you are looking for and will respond to, and hopefully offer what you seek, it becomes much more that only those that are within that range of acceptance will even try.

Just like those that want someone younger than I am, why would I take the time to try or respond to another that has that as a requirement for contact and possible connection? There are some that will see the pictures, and read the profile and just know that using this form of communications, in this mode, that the other is not what they are interested in. If this is the case, most just do not respond.

I always like to be more tactful and kind and reply to that initial contact by either saying yes, or no thank you, and if they persist after that, I will consider not responding if they become derogatory, but if not, I will suggest that they spend some time getting to know me better with the forums. Once there most can find out if you can be friends or more, or nothing at all.

Just my opinion......
 serenity60
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:27:42 PM
asweetcatch.......

That is a great suggestion!! At least it can alleviate half the problem!!
 doink 1962
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:54:58 PM
Wow that is really too bad that peoplerespond that way. I have been told by a couple (ha,ha only a couple) of women they were not interested and I wrote them back saying "thank you" for your reply and good luck. Not sure why people can't do that, obviously were all not meant for each other no need to be an ass or be rude.SOrry time for me to get off the soapbox
 forforumfun
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/6/2008 1:51:44 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me once. On another site, some guy kept IMing me and being all perverted. I finally had to tell him that I was not interested in a booty call (even though it said I wasn't looking for one in my profile). He got all psycho, calling me all kinds of names and that I "acted like a booty call" (uh, by telling him I wasn't one?). He went on various other sites with my pic, calling me every name in the book. He finally created some fake profile about me on MySpace, calling it a "fan club", when it was some hate page about me (this was someone in their 30s too, btw). Someone told me about it and we got it deleted. I'm not sure why he was so obsessed with me. There are a lot of really scary guys out there. At least neither of these psychos knew where we live. I can't imagine if they did. No matter what you do, some freaks can't handle rejection and, like someone else said, they have no life and therefor have time to stalk you. No matter what you do (replying or not), they will find any excuse to show their mental illness.
 kzzza
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/6/2008 6:02:58 PM
Hi
If you do get agro you should report the profile
This site has far to many idiots that spoil it for genuine people.
 guitarharleydude
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/7/2008 9:00:06 AM
This is not funny and I am really sorry you had such a bad experience with a sick person. This site has many more of these than the paid sites. I still think that common courtesy should rule and you did the right thing.
 ryansmsk
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/8/2008 4:48:37 PM
have noticed that on here , some people just don't answer or reply back for whatever reasons . some its due to fact they get alot of emails and just not interested in most of the people who message them . you just have to learn not to take it personally and get on with things if they don't message back .
 mortalez
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:49:28 AM
Only time I dont answer is when I am in a relationship and thats only because I dont come here then.
 medana
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/3/2009 1:31:38 AM
what else do u need to know than him being a control freak w psychotic tendencies

GOOD JOB FOR FINDING OUT EARLY!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Learning why some people just choose to NOT answer!!