Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vladtepes97
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Nudists Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
i miss going around naked all day at home. i can't do that now because of where i live near my 86 yr old aunty who walks in the door any time.
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 12/14/2007 1:44:37 PM

Dating or having a relationship with a nudist: Would you be open to the idea or is this something you wouldn't considerate/want?

I would give it a shot. There is a place near me that a lot of people I know go to (Lupin in Los Gatos). I am not afraid of letting some sun hit my skin.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 12/14/2007 2:41:17 PM

being naked is sexual period.

dang, lela. that's sad. must be rough seeing all those little sluts that rip off their diapers and run around squealing until their parents catch them and put the diapers back on.
 scoutniagara
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 2/3/2008 8:41:19 AM
Ok, I'm new to this forum, but I'll help y'all out on this topic.

I've been a nudist all of my 57+ years. If the Lord had wanted us to be naked, we'd have been born that way.

In all of my years, I've only once seen a man with an erection in the open; a non-nudist at a Spencer Tunick installation in Buffalo, NY. Nudists always carry a towel. Just cover it up! It was sensuous being naked for three hours with over 2000 other naked people. What a liberating experience!

Nudists always sit on a towel! We don't leave skid marks.

I'm not over 60 yet, swim over 8000 m per week, cycle inside 2 hours per week, and over 300 km outside on the road in season. I dance social/ballroom and Latin and play volleyball, tennis, SCUBA and ride western trail... Nudists are a cross section of the population. Take a look outside on the streets; Do you see any over-weight people?

I travel on clothing-optional cruises, visit many different nudist resorts/parks in Southern Ontario and Pensylvania. Nudists are wonderfully open and friendly people. Give it a try, you may enjoy it.

It's the openess and feeling of freedom that drew me to this lifestyle. Bifurcated garments weren't worn till after the domestication of the horse.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Take care and be bare!
 scoutniagara
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 2/3/2008 9:56:48 AM
Anatomy lesson 101: That doesn't happen either. I play tennis and volleyball naked. Nature has a way of tightening parts up and they don't hang down as far. In really hot weather, the scrotum still keeps the testicles away from the body heat for the production of sperm.
 scoutniagara
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:27:06 AM
I agree DJDugg. I've been on two clothing optional cruises with Bare Necessities and the naked people are the most open and friendly people you'll ever meet; total strangers, but with something in common. My next two cruises are a 7-day out of Ft. Lauderdale 2009 and the big one, 15-day out of Los Angeles 2010. (and they're both sold out or almost sold out).

There is no Hedonism I; just Hedo II and Hedo III. If you want the "anything goes" life, then try Hedonism II or in Hollywood, Florida, the Rooftop Hotel.
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:38:53 PM
"Would you be open to the idea or is this something you wouldn't considerate/want?"

I would be open to the idea. There's a place nearby where I live that is apparently a really nice spot. I haven't been though.
 wolfy35
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:13:06 AM
Nudism is not a problem for me I have visited nudist resorts and when I go on holiday I do visit nude beaches if there is one around. Nudism is not about sexuality its just the lack of clothes and it is true that in on a nude beach or resort the people who get the most looks are the ones who wear a bikini or something else to cover up.

On another front I have noticed that when I am on a normal clothed beach young girls get a lot of for want of a better word "lecherous" glances where on a nude beach nobody really bothers maybe its something to do with all organisations that I looked into encourage a wholesome family atmosphere and discourage single people.
 outwestinaz
Msg: 44
Nudists
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:37:23 AM
I would enjoy the opportunity to meet a woman who was comfortable in her own skin and who would be comfortable being nude in a social or private environment. I joined POF with hopes of finding such a woman but have found the pickings to be a big fat zero!

I love skinny dipping, nude hikes along a mountain trail or simply sunning on a big blanket in the woods. I wouldn't expect to convert a woman to become a full time nudist as I'm not either but I would enjoy the opportunity to share these moments with a woman who also loved the feel of the sun and wind on her body, and enjoy nature together without any hangups.
 blue70
Msg: 45
Nudists
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:17:19 AM
I would like to try a nude beach- have heard there is one in southern CA, probably a lot more than I know of. I did it once many moons ago near Tahoe- it was cool and not nasty at all.

Naked doesn't bother me at all- people who are critical of others being naked bother me actually. It's hard for me to relax when I'm around people like that. I just feel uncomfortable.

As for having sex out in the open, well- let's save that for another post.
 Riverkilt
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 12/19/2008 11:51:37 PM
Kind of cold out to dust this thread off, but hey, there are also some wonderful hot springs...

I happened to grow up in a skinnydipping family. The kids that survive (in our 50s and 60s) just had a reunion at Little Beach on Maui this summer. So it wasn't difficult for me to transition to organized nudism back in the 70s. It was a challenge for my then wife, but like most women she took to it quickly and loved the safety and freedom of it. We made some great and close friends.

After the divorce I thought I was out of luck...being single etc. What I found is that the concept that women won't go to a nudist resort or clothing optional beach is the guy's fear - not reality. I was always open up front about my nudist affilication and I would guess at least 20 dates over 20 years have been curious, even eager, to give nudism a try. They all took to it well and all enjoyed it. Many are still active.

I think if a guy can be unashamed of being unashamed and answer questions things work out well. There are many AANR and individual resort publications and Naturist Society articles explaining the many benefits of nudism/naturism to women but I've never had to refer ladies to them. They're eager to enjoy a new experience.

Single nudist men have better luck finding a lady to join them at a nudist venue by asking the women they normally date than they do going online to a nudist dating site.

Heck, once getting to know a new lady I met on line she told me up front that she was a nudist and wondered if that was a problem. Cracked me up. Just showed her my AANR card too.

The other myth is that nudism is non-sexual. Sure you hear about all the "rules" in nudist resorts, and yes you can be a stupid fool by soliciting. What more often happens is that couples at resorts feel more relaxed and more romantic and when they do make love they do it in private.

And for sure a few "pervs" and "weirdos" are attracted to nudist venues but they soon weed themseves out by their actions. But you also find people that are incredibly free, self-confident, and open...very social.

And you'll find a lot of medical referrals sent to get sun...and even some psychiatric referrals sent to deal with body shame....nudist venues are places of acceptance.

I used to visit Elysium Fields in Topanga back when Ed Lang was still alive and sort of in charge. Just a wonderful, relaxing place with some great people...some a bit far out...but great people.

Swimming nude in the ocean is primal...back to the womb feeling. The feel of sun, wind, water on the skin is sensual and soothing. Dancing nude is an incredible expression of freedom. Once was at a nudist conference where they had a live rock and roll band and about 600 nude folks were dancing, rockin and rolling...tribal, fun, energizing.

Yes, most folks look "weird" nude but they are also accepted. One of the joys of social nudism to me is meeting and chatting with other people. And the beauty of a handsome man chatting with an "ugly" woman at one end of the pool while at the other end of the pool a beautiful woman is chatting with an "ugly" guy. And fellas, many women who look sorta "frumpy" when dressed are goddess-like when nude

And just my personal observations over the last thirty years, it seems to me that many people who enjoy the freedom of nudism are folks who in their occupation have to wear a uniform or act a certain expected way...like police officers, ministers, medical folks, and yes...even (gasp) nuns. I've met nuns at nudist resorts.

If you wanna show off your tattoos or piercings or both...what better place?

Nudity is a self-evident birthright. Something to be enjoyed and savored.
 CCsMom
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 1/6/2009 7:09:51 PM
How is it possible that most men could prevent "public erections" at a nude beach?????? that doesnt even make any sense.....
 want to travel
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 2/14/2009 7:22:49 AM
nudists in the sex and dating forum, from having traveled a lot, most europeans have been ok with it since the 50s, some since the 30s, it has nothing at all with sex over there, or dating, personally , i would hate to get a sun burn on my.......so other than skinny dipping while camping, i prefer to wear swim shorts
 manormeow2
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 8/6/2009 9:11:06 AM
LoL- it really amuses me to read posts on nudism. I would suspect most of the people that comment have never even tried nudism-- they are just people who THINK they know what it is about. Let me assure you, YOU DON'T. If you haven't been to a nudist site, how can you judge what happens (or doesn't happen)?

If you don't "like" the idea of nudism, that is fine. But you really shouldn't judge something until you at least give it a try. I've been a nudist (both home and at nudist resorts) for a number of years, and the people I have met have been the nicest and most laid back people I know. Yes, there are SOME that go to places that think nudity = sex... but those people are usually quickly discovered and asked to leave. Of course, on POF, the simple fact that the topic of nudism falls under the "SEX and dating" forum speaks volumes for how little people really know. I'm far from a prude, but I am certainly able to separate nudity and sex.
 lookingforbigo
Msg: 51
Nudists
Posted: 12/12/2011 8:26:39 AM
well this weekend was a first time for me i now am converted we went in with an open mind and was a very nice suprise to see how fun it was.
 OutMind
Msg: 52
Nudists
Posted: 12/12/2011 2:32:16 PM
In a nudist strip joint, what would they take off?

abelian
Msg: 53
Nudists
Posted: 12/12/2011 3:35:51 PM

In a nudist strip joint, what would they take off?

My clothes.
 lilpad
Msg: 54
Nudists
Posted: 12/13/2011 7:40:47 AM
well you can only look for so long,and be lucky to have the ability to keep it hard that long,it's like when you ladies go to a male strippers place,1 guy for so many ladies,you don't normally get to see it, let alone when it's hard,and with no body contact,you can only dream
 jack5957
Msg: 55
Nudists
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:55:04 PM
Hear, Hear! I was invited to a naturist colony in Md. just a month ago. It was my first experience, and I found it quite liberating. There was no sexual thrill or excitement, the people were all open and friendly, It was not a swingers colony, but a group who enjoyed being natural.
 deerdog1
Msg: 56
Nudists
Posted: 7/9/2012 11:05:24 AM
i would so love to visit a nudest event/establishment ..on face value it seams like something i could be into
 ed51753
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 7/9/2012 3:06:12 PM
I enjoy being nude at home. I rarely wear clothes at home. Except in the cold winters. I am not sure about going to a nudist colony, but a nude beach may be possible. Most people are almost nude now anyway. I sleep nude. I love the feeling of freedom in the bed.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 59
Nudists
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:23:34 AM
It is funny what society deems appropriate patches of skin, you are allowed to show and not......haha....See funny...
 smilztonz
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Nudists
Posted: 8/30/2012 10:21:37 PM
very good call there on that one, we are all the same and without clothes on no one can judge the person beside them
 deerdog1
Msg: 61
Nudists
Posted: 8/31/2012 5:47:26 AM
the hypocrisy of nudest /naturalist .

.. i am told that if one visits a nude beach or resort or colony.. well except for the more exotic ..one is suppose to accept the nudity as mundane.. there is suppose to be nothing sexual about the naked body . i have heard that a guy is not suppose to sport a hard on ..that he is not suppose to be aroused ..that sexual banter and sexual flirtation is not allowed .

.well my friends sexual banter and sexual flirtation is natural .. even at a vanilla beach /resort ..I sport a hard much of the time .. i am aroused sometimes at a baseball game ..i confess i have even gotten aroused in church ... granted in these cases I had clothes on and my condition was easier to hide or not so obvious as it would be if i were sans said clothes

but i am told that in order to enjoy nudity i am suppose to be able to suppress said arousal...and this is suppose to be natural ..i dont think so.. these people are in effect screaming look at me i am naked and im above sexual stimulation..but if you look at me you better not see any thing sexual

..im not buying it ..if im with a woman who i have chemistry for and she makes a friendly gesture ..i respond with sexual arousal even when i have clothes on .oh but these naturalist have their kids with them you cant have a hard on around the kids ..lol

well I remember in my early adult hood one trip to the beach with a group of friends relatives and a lady friend of mine ...we were lounging on the beach ..and me and the lady was doing some friendly flirting ..we were admonished by one of the more prudish adults .. you cant do the in front of the kids ...(the kids being teenagers)..so we stopped our flirting ..that night I went for a walk on the beach and stumbled on said kids having what can only be called an orgy on said beach

point being .. it appears to me that that nudist/naturalist go to such great lengths to make said nudism non sexual that they forget that sexuality is natural...and in doing so they make said nudism a joke ...and the kids are the only ones that are in on the joke
 CMassou
Msg: 62
Nudists
Posted: 11/16/2012 11:19:16 PM
As a nudist, I find the lifestyle wonderful. How can one be so against something that does not harm, yet has not tried it. From my experience, it is like a spiritual journey, becoming one ( non sexual) with nature. Exploring and feeling as Man did, when first created. As far as dating I do not impose my lifestyle on anyone, but Im very upfront. and have never had any issues in the past with it. As far as exposingmyself at camps or beaches, I look at it like this, my body is my temple, people may look but only few will ever touch :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >