Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MondoVman
Msg: 163
view profile
History
So Round So Firm & So Fully Packed! So whats the Problem!Page 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Life is not fair. I have only about 20 more pounds to lose. Whoohoo!

Life is not fair. I'll never be as smart, good looking or strong as I'd like to be. No matter what. Notwithstanding, no one's lifestyle or words from afar can cause me to be any less or more smart, attractive or strong. So too, no one has the right to whine about their smarts, looks or strength. Are skinny-dom, fat-dom, sick-dom, unhealthy-lifestyle-dom, and others any different? No. Yet some on the fora whine away about everyone's weight.

Life is not fair. The most problematic posters are disingenous and dishonest with themselves and us.

Life is not fair. I wonder why the low or lesser intelligence posters rarely if ever complain about intelligent people?

Life is not fair. I wonder why the lower or less attractive posters rarely if ever complain about attractive people?

Life is not fair. I wonder why *some* overweight posters report their results in a negative tone, with very little gratitude for not being six feet under?

Life is not fair. I wonder if and how many overweight posters who regularly work out at a gym put "working out" as one of their top 3 interests?

Life is not fair. I wonder how many overweight posters are happy?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 164
So Round So Firm & So Fully Packed! So whats the Problem!
Posted: 7/11/2009 5:07:11 AM
Life is not fair. I wonder why the low or lesser intelligence posters rarely if ever complain about intelligent people? Roflmeo!! Please do a thread search and disabuse yourself of that notion. You could do another one and see what happens to people who like to read by the non-readers, lol!

the SoldierByte
Msg: 165
Posted: 7/11/2009 6:58:09 AM
========== =========
---SoldierByte---
 moraima
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 11:41:46 AM
"Moraima.
I am going to pipe in and comment on things you seem to have said in this forum repeatedly. Which is basically: "This is all 100% in each of our control. Don't like your weight and shape? Eat less and get active more. If you aren't doing that then you are getting something out of being the way you are."

That is not what I said. That is your misinterpretation of what I said.

What I said was, if the calories we eat match the calories we burn, we won't gain weight.
 readyornot57
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 1:56:40 PM

Wakeup. Fat is ugly to look at.......Since most women are fat, it is okay you are. Lazy.

It never ceases to amaze me how nasty people can be no matter what the subject matter.
Nasty, by the way, IS TRULY A CHOICE, much more so than weight.

And those who think they have control over their lives don't know $hit. Don't EVER think you have life by the b@lls. Don't ever taunt life that way. It will knock you down faster than you can say "uncle."

And all people will do is remember how nasty you were and not want to help you.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 180
Posted: 7/12/2009 12:02:56 AM
Yes, this is a MEAN thread!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 3:43:16 PM
Amethyst for gosh sakes! Take a good look at yourself will you? Beautiful face, obviously secure person, educated, nice boobies (and no, not that way inclined..lol).
You have a lot to offer the right man. Those who tell you otherwise, heck, who cares? I can look back at pics of myself at the ripe ole age of 21. Slim as heck, Farrah Fawcet hair...hell, don't even recognize that lady now! lol.. But I will say? While there are a lot of hotties my age, I look around and I hold my own. Seems the youngsters these days are a little more lax on this issue, baring their lil tummies out of their shirts. My daughter, beautiful blonde haired blue eyed gal, grew up fat as a little chipmunk. My heart broke at how she was treated. Didn't overeat junk, did exercise. Then at 17 it was found she suffered from Polycistic Ovarion Disorder. I kicked myself in the butt for not seeing that something was definately wrong! Now, some 4 months on meds, she has lost 36 lbs and my heart sings for her. Long and short? Only the ignorant choose to believe that ALL overweight folks simply eat too much. End of my soap box!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 4:01:37 PM
Miss Amethyst? It was my daughter that I spoke of , and I guess that is why I posted here, against my better judgement. This has been such a rude thread in so many ways, and goodness knows, I have made my share of enemies!
And nope, was not being kind. You do seem like a well rounded woman, no pun intended. That special man will find what a rare gem you are!
 ringo17
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2009 2:35:52 PM
Why do you take mentalnotes? Are you sick? Is it a woman thing?
 SmartSassyBBWinLA
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 5:33:05 AM
Why do you take mentalnotes? Are you sick? Is it a woman thing?

Oh Man!! Ringo17 don't you know that those are fighting words?

Im going to go now...enough bloodshed
for one evening.

I try these forums on occasion and leave feeling like I
need a bubble bath to wash off the negativity.

I think I am done--

Peace Out.
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 196
Posted: 7/29/2009 5:57:38 AM
Yikes..!! Talk about a hum-bug (fight)..!!
I am no expert with the "true feelings" of females..
But I HAVE learrned the TWO most important
factors in dealing / acquiring / and maintaining
a relationship (espically intimate) with them...
And NO.. don't bash me..
My opinion.. but I have found..
Two answers ALWAYS to be given..
REGARDLESS of the reality...
1.) Question: "How do I look..??"
---> Answer: "Baby, you look be-u-tiful"
(should be followed with a kiss)
2.)Question: "How was sex/love/me,.. do you like, enjoy?"
--->Answer: "Honey, you are the best.."
(again followed with a kiss)
I have found in my "limited experiences that to
deveiate in ANY way, shape, or form from either of these to querys..
(like in this forum and similar discussions)..
will ONLY result in trouble for the male...
No if's, and's, or but's (even THOSE butts too) about it..!!
How any male can have reached our age and
not have learned these two basic rules is beyond me..
Further more.. to voice ANY other opinion at
a "date"site WHILE fishing and then expecting
ANYthing other then scorn leaves me dazed..
But guess some (males) just never learn...
As for me....
Ladies....
As long as you are sayin "yes"....
---> I'm happy and a lovin...
---SoldierByte---
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/29/2009 6:53:30 AM
My Dear amethyst10616,
I will confide to you and all something here..
I watched the newer (rented it) movie with
Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"
Anyways..he plays a retired military man who's whole life
grew more and more bitter cause of his life/deeds/service/ etc..
I saw that movie and was shocked (kept it to myself) cause I
saw so much of me in him (the charecter).. and I made my mind up then..
that I will NOT allow myself to become one of them bitter, unhappy,
angry, hateful old men.. NO way.
My life has not been "a bowl of roses"...
but what the h-e-l-l.. if nothing else..
between my marriages, girlfriends, military,
and "other" endevours..
If I look, search, and find the good.. in it all..
leaves me with wonderful humor, stories, adventures,
and fodder for just about any and everything I encounter..
And bottom line...
at least I'm alive, and free..
I can find a million reasons to be miserable...
I cried cause I had no new shoes to wear to the disco..
then I met a guy with no feet........

someone who is bitter is truly a miserable person,

Yes Ms amethyst10616 ,.... that quote is oh so true..
And I reccomend that movie to anyone and everyone..!!
---SoldierByte---
 moraima
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2010 1:43:41 PM
Too many people want what they themselves don't bring to a relationship.

It is so necessary to be realistic.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2010 4:09:16 PM
StatuesqueLuckyCharm

)...but yeah, men lie about their height

Women will openly and unashamedly state that they want tall men: over 6 foot is preferred. Yet these same women will state that men are shallow if they will not accept a woman who is overweight.

So why,ladies,is it acceptable to descriminate because of one type of size (height) and shallow and narrow minded to decriminate because of another (width)?

The overweight individuals always accuse men of wanting a "barbie doll" figure usually because their weight condition is at the other extremes. Fighting one extreme with another.

I'm 59 and kept myself in halfway decent shap. I'm not looking for some anarexic female. I understand that people our age will have a few extra pounds no matter how they've kept in shape. But a "few extra pounds" does not = 50 to 100lbs. Unfortunately for the few women who do have only a few extra pounds the catigory is looked at as a catch all for fat to obese women (and men).

When ou throw the Barbie argument into mens faces you not only offend one individual (who may deserve it) but mosturn off most of the other men who read your comments. The ladies get upset when men generalise about them but they turn around and generalise about us all they want. What goes around comes around.
 TheReason_
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2010 11:34:02 AM

Too many people want what they themselves don't bring to a relationship.

It is so necessary to be realistic.

I hear ya. I personally avoid any headshots only people, especially with "prefer not to say" as a body type. Fell for it once, and wow, couldn't beleive the pear shape. It's like their waist was literally double the width of their shoulders. Liked busty in the pics but yeah, no wonder. If a person only has a head shot, at minimum, an arm shot would help me determine if I'm interested or not. I'm no more shallow than someone turned off by a belly and a bald spot. It is what it is. I'm not expecting to date someone 20, or anything, but let's be reasonable, and expect what you have to offer.

If you have a big beer gut, don't expect a trim athletic woman to be instantly attacted. Same with women. If you are rocking the FUPA, don't expect mr six pack is going to fall into your arms.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 212
You got a problem? You're the problem !!
Posted: 4/22/2010 10:57:58 PM
I find John Goodman sexy vs. Ben Affleck who I can't believe nobody but me has noticed, his eyes do not appear to have a human soul showing out of them.

...I have to agree with you about Ben Affleck. One of my co-workers is absolutely crazy about him yet I don't find him the least bit appealing.

Not too long ago I made mention to friends that I am probably heavier now that I have ever been (with the exceptions of pregnancies) and feeling like a sausage in clothing. When you're built low to the ground like I am, even five pounds makes a difference.

Trying to make me feel better, one of the guys said, "I don't think you look heavy at all, maybe a little cheruby..... kinda like those cute little angels."

Yeah, thanks B. That makes me feel a whole lot better. (lol) Off to the treadmill, summer's sneaking up.

Hey, we need a "cheruby little angel emoticon.

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2010 8:30:15 AM
Rolling here...... The last thing Mae that I would consider you.....would be that so called "little angel"!!!........I think I have known you far to long to think THAT way!!

OT.......What I find amazing as we mature, are all those that have expanded and settled some over the years, still seeing themselves through different glasses, or in a different mirror, and expecting something totally different from those they want to date.

The "seek what you offer" rule works for me, and if more would be realistic about what they truly offer, they would change their attitude about those that they seem so stuck on seeking........

Now, since I am only an angel "part of the time", I guess looking down at my "cheruby" friend, would create all sorts of problems......lmao.....

cd.........
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 214
Posted: 4/23/2010 9:38:12 AM
I don't think we can help very much what we prefer in the opposite sex. That said, I don't see the mirror as a reflection of what I have to offer, nor a view finder a way to discover what I wish to find. I *am* visual (I'm a painter/sculptor, so I have to be). But what I most want is a soul that is showing some maturity with a life path/practice that follows; and a mind as bright as a new penny and as sharp as a well honed knife. Those two, and I'm a happy gal; those two, and the rest easily falls into place. Tall/short; fat/thin; hair/no hair (in fact, find that balding spot at the back of the head positively erotic); edumacation/no edumacation; big bucks/few bucks; old/young ~~ none of it matters at all. A nice body means either good genes or a distraction I have no wish to deal with (someone in love with their mirror). I do like to see awareness that what goes into the mouth is eventually going to reflect on the health scale; e.g., that carbs are going to show up soon or late as lofty LDL readings, artery plaque, and CVD/diabetes.

I haven't, BTW, noticed that males have any better actual sense of their weight than females. In fact, more women with extra weight will claim "a few extra pounds" than will men in the same category, who seem to see themselves as "average" or even "athletic," lol!

May we all live long and prosper!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 216
Posted: 4/23/2010 9:07:47 PM

Rolling here...... The last thing Mae that I would consider you.....would be that so called "little angel"!!!........I think I have known you far to long to think THAT way!!

Shhhh.....what are the newbies gonna think?

OT....we probably do see ourselves differently than others see us. My eyesight isn't what it used to be and stores like Winners use trick mirrors to fool us. The clothing never seems to look as good as it did in the store.

Now, since I am only an angel "part of the time", I guess looking down at my "cheruby" friend, would create all sorts of problems......lmao

...Good gosh, trying to behave is soooo "hard"

...mae
 lateā„¢
Msg: 219
Posted: 5/3/2010 7:15:32 PM

I have a mini-dress from when I saw Elvis in Vegas. I tried it on and thought for sure it had shrunk. Cuz my ass was showing!!! Hahaha!

Um, ...that's a bad thing?
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/4/2010 10:20:42 PM
sweetone 4 you: "Not one of them could come close. And then they say,, "gee your really not my type. God made me brunette and curvy, not your type what is?A naked woman tied spread eagle? " My ex used to say "tied up with her arse in the air" because of my predeliction, but same concept.

I've put on some weight due to some health problems, notably osteoarthritis and some L4-L5 calcification/damage, and a heel ulcer which reached a max size of 3.0cm x 2.3 cm x 2.0cm deep, down to the bone. It's still healing. I spent 3 days in Hospital 3 weeks ago on antibiotic drips and morphine/oxycodone pain management. I've been on oxy pain management for over 10 years, which slows the metabolism. I'm now 240# and 6 ft. Stable with very slow weight loss.

My ex was a few pounds overweight when we got married in 1985. That was cool. I enjoyed her lushness. But she became a workaholic, putting in up to 16 hours a day, sometimes 7 days a week, flying all around the US and Canada, and sometimes Europe and Australia as a VP for big software companies not SAP. The weight kept getting added on and on. Her mother died of breast cancer at 35, and her father died of a massive coronary in 98 (IIRC).

It made me both sad and angry to see her doing this to herself. I tried cooking healthy stuff for her, getting her to go walking at night when she was in town, and so on. I really wanted to be attracted to her, 'cause we had some really hot times way back when. But she just kept on with her overworking, overeating, and compulsive shopping. It got to where I couldn't put my arms around her. (She's about 5'7".) I literally couldn't. Finding a playmate wasn't an option for me. I wanted the woman I married. I truly think that she subconsciously was punishing me for trying to get her to stop her compulsive behavior. It was so painful to go through this, and I cried myself to sleep more than once. I just was not attracted to her being so obese, and I tried. I really did. Neither alcohol nor pot helped me ignore her obesity.

I really wanted things to go back to the way they were when we first got married, but it wasn't up to me. She chose her path, and shut me out.

I am simply not turned on by obesity. Use whatever euphemism you want, obese is obese. I realize I am overweight, and I have some self-image issues. When we split up, I was 200# and in pretty good shape from working out and swimming. It's only been in the past 4 or 5 years that I have had serious problems with my back, my knees, my foot bones, my shoulders, my lower back, and my hands.

I just wanted to vent a bit.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/5/2010 7:14:37 AM
I'm petite, and I just can't deal with overweight men......not in a "romantic" way.......if I can't get my arms around someone to hug them, then I'm not interested in having "that kind" of a relationship.....I hate feeling this way, but it is what it is....
 arwen52
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:04:21 AM

I truly think that she subconsciously was punishing me for trying to get her to stop her compulsive behavior.

If her behavior was compulsive, it had nothing to do with punishing you. By definition, she couldn't control it.

Thanks for your post. I just started dating a guy recently and he's fat. I don't dig fat guys. I'm 5'6", weight 130#, and my weight is stable for three reasons: I stay active, I have moderate, healthy eating habits, and I keep an eye on my weight. The moment the needle goes past 130# I start watching what I eat very closely. I used to stay the same weight naturally but after my mid 40s I had to start watching it or else I'd look like the rest of the American population.

So, I just started dating a guy that I've known for years. He's intelligent & good looking & pleasant company. He's the best guy I've gone out with in a long time. And he's fat. And I'm having a hard time with it. I'm absolutely not attracted to him physically. We started smooching and he's a good kisser, but it really turns me off to have this huge belly between us.

He's diabetic and knows he should lose weight. He's lost 15# in the last year, which is good, but that tells me he's been even heavier, which worries me. He's very inactive, very sedentary. He invited me to have a cup of hot chocolate the other night and pulled out three packets of Swiss Miss for just the two of us. When I asked why so much, he said he wanted to make sure there would be enough. So right there I know his sense of what is "enough," when it comes to food, is distorted.

I figure that if someone isn't okay the way they are you should forget it. We're in the very early stages of dating so I'm not worried, but I'm aware this is an issue. I don't think it's superficial. I'm not talking about a few extra pounds, I'm talking about a waist that's about as big in diameter as my arm span. We'll see how it goes.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2010 10:43:03 PM
I think it all comes down to: men are what we are and women are what they are.

Generalization: Men are, inhearnetly, visually motivated and women are, inherently, emotionally motivated.

Looking over many of the topics in the "Over 45" category, the philosophy that "men should be less visually oriented" is dominent. There are a few built-in female characteristics that men would like to see change. There are male characteristics that women would like to see change. A few of these will NEVER change because of our mental and emotional makeup. To continue raising the subject is a continuing sign of inability to work within what God has designed into both genders. Some exist with excess, sure. There will always be some who don't control themselves. However, there are human characteristics that we have control of and there are a few that we can't change even if we try.

Men are visually and s_xually oriented: possibly because of the ocean of testosterone we have ebbing and flowing inside. This will not change no matter how much women complain.

Women are emotionally oriented: personality is as much more a part of the equation than visual perception. This will not change.

No matter how society tries to change a genders charateristics the foundational design will always return.

I am not going to date anyone that I do not feel a physical attraction to early on. It is too important and I would feel as if I were leading him on if I did. I like meat on a man's bones, but rolls of fat are just not appealing.

While this attitude may be more dominant in men women have it too!
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 4:21:14 AM
My goodness, I think I'll stop trying to write at 2:00am. my spelling is marginal.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >