Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sin*ful
Msg: 320
view profile
History
would you ever lie about ur agePage 5 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
heck I only lied and put my age higher..i am nearly 46 i was trying to be 55 did not want to miss out on the seniors coffee rate ..darn and tomorrow is Tuesday its happening at Zellers..I better get to bed
 sparticuss
Msg: 325
would you ever lie about ur age
Posted: 6/28/2006 1:23:18 AM
It's late and I'm tired.
I've had to haul half the engine out of her old car to get at the injectors and it's taken all of Saturday. Right now I've got the mechanism lined up on the kitchen table alongside the manual. And I can fix it. But I need to have it fixed tonight and the whole car ready for the road again by tomorrow night. She's got commitments.

And she's fuming!

"Why have you been neglecting me lately?" "I haven't" Not looking up from the work of course. The reality is that I have been neglecting her for the last week trying to sort out the problems in her car.

"Oh come off it. You have been neglecting me. There's another woman isn't there? Don't bother lying to me. A woman knows these sort of things."

"What are you talking about"?

" Typical male!" Her hand comes down with a thump right in the midddle of the carefully laid out mechanisims. "There you go again. Lying to me. Why aren't you just man enough to admit it? I'm an adult. I can handle the truth"

"Allright then" you reply sarcastically "I've been having an affair with your bridesmaid since about a year after the wedding."

"What the hell! How could you do this to me? You pack your stuff. I want you out of this house tonight. How could you."

Would I lie? You bet I would. I have to lie because WOMEN ARENT MATURE ENOUGH TO FACE THE TRUTH.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 326
Posted: 6/28/2006 5:44:50 AM
Not sure what the last post has to do with lying about your age, but the way I see it - the fact that you would date a woman who expects that much attention, and is that much of a princess, you should expect to want to go elsewhere and cheat, or get frustrated and pick fights. BUT any woman who's man is having an affair and admits it has to go. That's not us not handling the truth - that is us reacting correctly to the truth.

If you were trying to get a rise out of her by joking about it, you simply learned the hard way that that's not a very good joke.

JMO
 wishiwassingle
Msg: 347
Posted: 11/29/2006 9:23:04 PM
I know what you mean. I am 39 goin on 25(40). 25 is how i feel, and 40 is how old i feel only when i am playing sports with my kids. I too am proud to be the age i am. A year and a half ago i accually got ID'd in the liquer store. (i am hoping that the girl at the till was just looking for my name and number, lol). It made me feel pretty good.
There is nothing wrong with being "mature". If thats what you want to call it.

Not sure what else to say, so, take care ya'll.
 Sparklin
Msg: 348
Posted: 11/30/2006 9:13:17 AM
I don't lie about my age, when I was 41, I use to say I was 42 but that was def. accidental haha...my kids use to have to correct me!

Neither would I want to be younger. When people say they wish they were 5, 10 years younger, I always have to ask: What years would you give up? The year you graduated, the year your child was born, the year you bought your house? And all the years in between?, which would then affect who you actually are right now.

I just feel that something eventfull, enlightening, dramatic, exciting happens on a constant basis and the years brought you to who you are now. I wouldn't give up five minutes never mind years!! The good or the bad - lifes lessons!!
 c_deacon
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2006 12:01:35 PM
Most try to start relationships with all the positive things about the two of them and avoid all the others until the right time to share. I have seen this with age, number of marriages, significant others, children, and many other things.

Maybe what really needs to happen here is for all of us to concentrate on the individual and the connection that exists, or may exist, and let the rest fall into place. This is one reason that I have such a wide span of age on my profile, in order to not exclude anyone of interest, no matter the age..... I use to just have over 21 but it was brought to my attention that maybe I was looking just for young hotties and those young enough to be my daughter, so I thought about it and changed it to a reasonable number that would be accepted by most.

Would this mean that I would not consider someone younger than 35 or older than 60........not at all......all would depend on the maturity of the individual and the connection we both had for each other.

Just my opinion.....
 shannanigan
Msg: 359
Posted: 12/1/2006 8:41:33 PM
Only time I ever lied about my age was when I was under 21 and I wanted to drink booze.
 c_deacon
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2006 5:33:59 PM
Come back and say this as you visit when about 15 years older......I can wait....smiles

Just my opinion......
 *buzz*
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2006 1:43:38 PM
I'm pretty sure my wrinkles would say it for me
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 7:25:44 PM
Why would I lie about my age? I am old enough to be mature and seasoned, and young enough looking to confuse a 18 year old's parents.-in-'s clothing
 Be gone
Msg: 375
Posted: 1/17/2007 4:50:42 AM
no, took me too long to get here! I am proud of my age and what I have done with my life.
 SGB-814
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 9:09:29 PM
I started chatting with someone here awhile back. He profile said 32. Her pictures were of someone in their late 20's maybe early 30's. When I actually got her on the phone after several email exchanges she told me she was 49 . What kind of garbage is this? I don't have a problem with various ages but don't lie in your profile or in exchange. How can you expect someone to trust you? I never spoke to her again.
 Val0214
Msg: 388
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:11:52 AM
I wouldn't lie, just not mention or be slightly vague, or then again, just tell them the age I feel.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 1:46:31 PM
You're only as old as you Act, and I NEVER act my age!
 PSL nice guy
Msg: 436
Posted: 11/1/2007 5:02:45 PM
no I would not lie about my age or anything else for that matter if you ask be prepared to hear the answer to the question
 Who.Me
Msg: 454
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:37:26 AM
I've never lied about my age....

I'm 45 and look damn good for my age....

dcamnc
Msg: 466
Posted: 2/12/2008 3:24:52 PM
No, I don't understand why someone would.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2008 6:36:07 PM

If u met the person of ur dreams be it male or female....would u ever lie about your age..i have only done it to try and get into a nightclub ages ago and it worked hee hee..so come on spill the beans folks

If they were the person of my dreams, they would accept me for who I am, no matter how old I was.

As it is, I've never had to lie. Been older looking since I was a kid.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 471
Posted: 2/14/2008 9:39:51 AM
Aside from getting into 21+ places at 18...
I find lying about your age is counter-productive --as well as lying about your weight/shoe size or state-of-orgasmic bliss, etc...
I say, "I am 35. This is what it looks like --Get used to it!"
 Heather1970
Msg: 487
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:08:53 AM
Never!!! I enjoy mt age and the compliments I get, bring on the Tena Lady!"!!
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 488
Posted: 4/6/2008 11:39:22 AM
A friend who is a nurse, has a profile on a pay site. She was on before, in the fall, then took it off when she met someone. I believe they broke up. She was 43 then, she's 38 now...LOL!

I asked why she changed, and she said:

"Hey there.....just decided it was really no-ones business how old I really was!!!"
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 492
Posted: 4/6/2008 7:30:24 PM
ms.maylene -- "I agree! Thank goodness father time and gravity has been kind to me!"

With whom do you agree?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >