Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Viewed ME - changes not helpful      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hiker4
Msg: 1
Viewed ME - changes not helpfulPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Firstly, I think your site is the best in terms of features.

Recently, you changed the viewed me section so that there would be 2 separate sorts.

One is by last logged in that viewed me

The other is in the order that they viewed me

There is no separator bar so I know where one list ends and the next begins.

Also, I would suggest a drop down list so I can choose how I want to have the pics sorted.

Thanx
 Ticketoride
Msg: 2
Viewed ME - changes not helpful
Posted: 5/8/2007 11:58:40 AM
Also, I would suggest a drop down list so I can choose how I want to have the pics sorted.

^^^ Seconded !!!
 yayawhatever
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2007 2:22:17 PM
The first row is sorted by currently or last online, the rest of the page is sorted by when they viewed your profile.The first row extends out a bit, if you look at it closely.

Knowing if a user is currently logged in is useful to some of us, for many reasons.
 kapookie
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:31:18 PM
i'm sure i'm not alone in getting emails saying "i see you just looked at me...." when i haven't looked at this person in months...

it's neat that it pops up people you've talked to in the past... but that's what the contact history thing is for right?
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/18/2007 12:11:32 PM
why not use a tiny date in the corner of the contact showing when they viewed you? I also like the concept of a "sort by" (last online, last viewed)

(number of Pepsi colas consumed last month, etc)
 kapookie
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/19/2007 9:17:59 AM

and then added them to an "interested" list....

that is what the favorites list is for.. i think you can safely assume if someone has added you to their favorites.. then they are interested in you.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2007 12:55:47 PM
It is not really safe to assume anything.

Those profiles listed on the "Viewed Me" screen are just that, users who have viewed you. The top row are those that have been online most recently. This tells you if the person is online, and upon looking you can tell if they are online often. The other rows are in order of when they last viewed your profile. A new entry on the second row would indicate that they viewed you very recently. If that same new entry is on the top row, they are currently online. If someone keeps popping back to the top, they are viewing your profile a lot.

Knowing that someone has just viewed you and are currently online can be helpful if you just want to say a quick "hello.. how are ya?" to make introductions. This means you don't have to wait until they are next online.

Its another search option, and if taken lightly without assumptions. Its a good one.

The favorites list is used for many things, including displaying interest in talking to someone, but it is not safe to assume.

The only way to know for sure if someone is interested in getting to know you is to fire off an email or open an IM window. If they aren't, its not all that personal as do they really know us to reject us?
 nonsensical
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:55:47 PM
When the who viewed me feature was added I checked it a couple times. Now I don't bother. I figure if someone is interested they will contact me. People put way toooooo much thought into these things.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/27/2007 12:08:27 PM
I have a veiwed me question.

Does it only show opposite sex views? I never see any women having viewed me, yet I know they must have since they ask me via e-mail about my profile now and then. Also, a female POF'er reviwed my profile, yet I see no evidence that she looked it on the viewed me screen.

So I'm curious.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Viewed ME - changes not helpful