Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mheath4
Msg: 196
how old you are vs how old you look/actPage 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I'm 23 and I've been told that I look anywhere from 16 to 18.

I think I act like a 23 year old
 hotchkmll
Msg: 197
how old you are vs how old you look/act
Posted: 8/21/2007 3:42:32 PM
I agree very much with the original post. But it took me about 10 years of marriage and 1 1/2 years of dating ot learn. I am 31, have been told i look between 22 and 27,. I feel around 25, as far as having fun and whom i choose as friends emotionally i think maybe much older because i know exactly what i want and don't play the games that you think you have to when younger. I also relate better with people around 20 to 27, mostly because most of the people i know my age seem to have forgotten how to have fun and enjoy their lives. In what book did it say after you are 30 you are "old"/ I am also engaged to the love of my life and he is 24 and we have a far better relationship then me and my ex had and we were married for 12 years. he was also only 3 yrs older then me.
 waidh
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/21/2007 4:28:56 PM
people are always in shock when i tell them i am 27...they say they thought i was 19...i often argue with them for about ten minutes before they believe me...i think it's because i laugh a lot and the way i dress...plus i am in university so maybe that's why
 kikilynn
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/21/2007 4:46:06 PM
Well, I act like a 70 year old woman, but I look and feel my age (24), but I really don't think that that's going to justify me dating 60 or 70 something year old men!!!!
 dirtbag2
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2007 12:09:37 AM
About a month ago I was at my favorite nightclub-- dressed to kill-- and was outside having a smoke when a 20-something young dude makes a bee line for me... he got about five feet away from me and then anounced very loudly " You're too old!" I just looked at him and replied: Hey, didn't I just babysit you last weekend and change your poopy diaper? And By the way, my seven year old son has a bigger****

Everybody who was within fifteen feet of me just started to howl, snicker, and snort. The young dude and his friends high-tailed it out of there really fast......

The other side of the real vs percieved age phenomenom: My Man is 50 and looks 60. I'm 42 and have been told I look anywhere from 28 to 34. When we go out together I can see folks giving us the 'evil eye' and wagging their fingers at us. I've been asked several times by people: What's a young hottie like you doing with an old fart like that?"

Ask a silly question, get a silly reply.. "I'm with him because he's hung like a bull"

NJFFCapt
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:13:16 AM
I recently turned 40. I don't feel 40, I don't act 40 and from what I am told I don't look 40, but 40 is pretty damn good to me.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/24/2007 12:28:36 PM

"You're too old!" I just looked at him and replied: Hey, didn't I just babysit you last weekend and change your poopy diaper? And By the way, my seven year old son has a bigger****
LOL

I recently turned 40. I don't feel 40, I don't act 40 and from what I am told I don't look 40, but 40 is pretty damn good to me.

I have to agree, you don't look 40. At least from a continent away ~ ha. (You don't look 40.)

~OT~

Depends on if I have my contacts in. I look pretty damn young without them in, once in ~ the mirror I own is a damn liar. How old do I act? That depends on which "me" arrives at said destination. Here at home, I act retired. Out in public ~ hmmmmm ~ probably act 43. Sigh, it appears my circumstance is: I'm 43, look and act it. (Well, until I've had a few shots of Crown, then I'm 25 in all respects ~ according to me.) LOL
 OutMind
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/24/2007 4:12:08 PM
I am 109, have the maximum heart rate of a 27 year old. The brain of a 13 year old, the maturity of a 36 year old, the desires of an 17 year old, but look like a 130 year old. Ha!
 RichSoprano
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/24/2007 5:08:18 PM
I have spun around the Sun 40 times but I definately get along better with younger people because I love to have fun. So I do lots of things with people half my age. Sports, Music, Movies, it goes on and on.
 daviane
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/24/2007 5:30:45 PM
the 50's are the new 30's if you stay healthy!!
 throwmealine1
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2007 8:27:10 PM
I'm going to get back on my diet and start working out.

If the 50's are as nice as daviane, I only have 4.5 years to get ready.

david.
 tomozzo
Msg: 209
Posted: 9/19/2007 5:30:52 AM
i'm 55 but i only look 21.
come on you delusional people!!!
listen to Styx and the song Grand Illusion
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 210
Posted: 9/19/2007 5:36:43 AM
I'm 45 - what's a 45 year old supposed to 'act and look' like?

I have yet to receive ANY answers on that one.

In my opinion, age is just a number - simple.

OutMind
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/19/2007 8:49:01 AM

I'm 45 - what's a 45 year old supposed to 'act and look' like?

If you have to ask, then you feel that age.
 *UltimateHeartSurgeon*
Msg: 212
Posted: 9/19/2007 9:20:49 AM

do you think a persons true age is more relivent to sex/dating than how old a person looks and acts? or vise versa? my opinion is some peoples true age is very different than how old they appear essentially some ppl are not the age they are...some ppl dont fit with their own age group....if youre say 30 and you look 20 and youre dating some 1 your age who looks 10 years older than they are...i think physical and emotional age mean more than chronological age.

How old you look matters a great deal if you are a male.

It's socially acceptable for an older man to date a younger women. Happens all the time. So two people could be the same age, but if the women looks younger, it's not a big deal.

It's not socially acceptable for an older woman to date a younger man. It happens, but there is a social stigma to it.

A woman isn't going to date you if it doesn't "look right" to her friends, family and coworkers. If she looks 30 and you look 18, regardless of your age, that's going to bother her and she probably won't date you. If you look 75 and she looks 30, unless you are rich, that's going bother her and she's probably not going to date you. If you are a guy, you have to accept that the success of your relationship is partially dependent on the approval of a woman's friends, family and coworkers.

Emotional maturity is based partially on age but more on life experience. It just happens to be that age is usually the major factor in getting life experience.

How old you actually look is mostly based on genetics and how well you have taken care of yourself in life. Some people just have good genetics, they look young no matter they've done to themselves. Some people just take great care of themselves and look a bit younger.

A woman is not going to date you, again unless you are very good looking and have lots of money, unless you "look" the part compared to how old she looks.

For the most part, I find that Asians tend to look younger than their age across the board. I also find that most Caucasians, Latinos and African Americans look their age or worse as they get older. Of course the women in this thread will all say they don't look their age. But no woman wants to admit they look their age. Age is a far worse social stigma for women than it is for men. Men get older and become "distinguished" Women get older and become "old maids" There is also the socioeconomic component of age. If you have more money, you have more money to buy better food, get better medical care and have time to work out on a regular basis. I'd wager wealthier people tend to age better versus someone who suffers the stress and pain of living check to check with a poor diet because they can't afford better.

If you don't look the part relative to her age, women just aren't going to date you. The only thing that really matters is this - women care about good looks and money and men care about good looks and sex. That's what drives the core of why people date.
 gazingatmars
Msg: 213
Posted: 9/19/2007 9:34:45 AM
I'm 25, but most guys I ask say 27/28. I don't think I look old. Maybe it's the way I talk or carry myself? I hope so... I didn't think those wrinkles were THAT noticeable... hmm, maybe I need to turn down the volume on my biological clock?..lol
 johnm23357
Msg: 214
Posted: 9/19/2007 10:15:38 AM
55 I look 40 ish and how I act depends on what I have been drinking.
 kissimmee_guy
Msg: 215
Posted: 9/19/2007 10:33:32 AM
It's taken me 38 years to look 27 and to feel 23. I'm looking foward to becoming younger as a get older.
 .Revolution.
Msg: 217
Posted: 9/23/2007 2:59:22 PM
Im 22 but Ive been told I look 16 :( boo!! ha!
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 218
Posted: 9/23/2007 3:55:49 PM
I don't look my age... and since i have a pretty fun job and i'm having a ball doing it, it's sometimes really hard to tell how old i am. Plus i'm young at heart.

37 & have been mistaken from anywhere between 26-30
 jk44
Msg: 219
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:10:49 PM
I had a lot of 20 and 30 year old men viewing my profile for a while......what a let down when one of them asked me who the girl in the photo with me was...had to take the pic of my son's girlfriend and me out of the profile!....LOL
Oh well the ego trip was fun for a little while!
I tell people I just turned 39 again this year....I just don't tell them how many years I've turned 39!
Won't be long and my son and I will be the same age...LOL!
As far as dating I guess I am just attracted to older men ..... they seem to make me look younger! LOL
 Affliiction
Msg: 220
Posted: 9/23/2007 5:38:42 PM
Im 33, look 26, act 35, feel 21. Chronological age has become irrelevant, a sign our society is evolving. How many times have you heard the 40 is the new 30 cliche...
 Tigress
Msg: 221
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:36:52 PM
I find that nobody ever thinks I'm as old as I really am. I'm 45 and recently, my church sent me an invitation to attent a party for 20's and 30's. I just took it as a compliment. One of the ladies called me, who happens to be two years younger than me... and wanted to confirm if I would be attending, and just totally didn't believe me when I told her how old I am.

Now, I don't think it is all about my looks. I do have a young hair style, and I refuse to cut it because of my age! But, I also don't act my age, AND I have a 7 year old child.

All those factors added in, and to answer your question... I usually end up dating younger guys because we have more in common. Let's face it... It's hard to find a guy my age or older who actually wants to go to amusement parks, rock concerts, ride horses, etc.

I'm just a big kid at heart.

So, to sum it up... I think it's more important to have things in common, similar likes and dislikes, and be in similar physical shape, than to be similar in age.

Age IS just a number.
 msbehavinshygirl
Msg: 222
Posted: 11/13/2007 5:54:21 PM
well im 30 and no one ever guesses my age, im also shy and blush so that doesnt help me either!
 fouthempire
Msg: 223
Posted: 11/13/2007 6:00:50 PM
I think this is why I'm single. Cause I don't act like an adult.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >