Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ricburts
Msg: 62
New gun law in FloridaPage 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Well snow in your world you and your wifes theoretical attacker can duke it out to the death over her. But in the real world if that happens he's gonna be armed.
 ricburts
Msg: 63
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:14:44 PM
Snow boarder thats not exactly true My grandmother was from Nazi Germany he wasn't as well loved as you think. The problem was nobody could do anything about him. Those that could tried in an failed assination plot. I forget how many of his generals he hung on that deal.
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 64
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:30:07 PM

do you really think any germans would have tried to stop them even if they had guns? the german people(non jews) loved him.

*sigh*

Many Jews WERE German. Born in Germany, raised in Germany, citizens of Germany. For God's sake crack open a book and read about this stuff before you start spewing out this bullshit.
 felldownstairs
Msg: 65
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:32:54 PM
Lest we not forget he was responsible for the Night of the Long Knives as well.

Anyway, I'm generally of the mind that guns in the wrong hands are bad. How do you determine who's hands are wrong? That's the difficulty. I was raised in a fairly openminded progressive family, if we were American none of us would have ever voted republican, however, I was also raised with guns. I like guns. I use them for sport shooting, and being Canadian I'm not permitted to carry one with me. And I probably wouldn't anyway, as I can't say I've ever lived in an area where violent crime was rampant.

However, if I were living in an area where I had to be concerned with my personal safety, yeah, I would probably feel a lot better with a law that says: "if someone attacks you and you defend yourself, we're not going to throw your ass in jail, cause you didn't start shi.t"

Whether that be with guns, knives, fists, etc. I don't care. That law just makes common sense. I have a friend who spent 16 months in jail because he was jumped in the parking lot of a bar and fought back. He got in a lucky punch and sent the guy down. On the way down, the guy hit his head on the bumper of a car and suffered brain damage. Is that fair?

I certainly hope with that one post that I haven't been lumped into the same camp as Watchman and all the other Militia men with bunkers in their backyards. But that's how I honestly feel.
 darjeeling
Msg: 66
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 11:36:19 PM

if you can cite this law, through a link, then I will eat my hat.

I don't care if all the folks down in Florida, plant guns, defend themselves, become like the Hatfields and McCoys.................hell it'll open up some real estate.

But I'd really like to see Bulldog eat his hat. (Or at least stop point'n that finger)

Supply a link

darjeeling
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 67
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 12:29:24 AM
Lol, it IS kind of smarmy. I might have to photoshop a kitten into my hand or something.
 shannanigan
Msg: 68
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 6:37:04 AM

Wonder if this law will ever come to pass in Michigan? I can see me now leaving for work....let's see got my cell phone, got my purse....Oh did I forget anything? Oh yea! Straps 44 on hip. lol

You guys better hope not.... because I live in Michigan too.
I'm thinking I might look kinda sexy wearing a black
leather studded gun belt with a pearled ivory handle shooter
and a cowboy hat.

foxefire
Msg: 69
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:22:49 AM

You guys better hope not.... because I live in Michigan too.
I'm thinking I might look kinda sexy wearing a black
leather studded gun belt with a pearled ivory handle shooter
and a cowboy hat.

eccentric
Msg: 70
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:25:40 AM
keep thinking its funny, until it actually happens to you

some people living in dangerous neighborhoods don't have the choice to give up luxuries, because they don't have any luxuries to give up.

they live in these neighborhoods, because that is the only way to keep food on the table and clothes on the backs of their kids.
 acburbank97
Msg: 71
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 8:23:56 AM
To get a concealed weapon permit in Texas is not easy...I think the general public carrying guns is a slippery slope, to say the least...but I'm not necessarily against it.

Allie Cat...have a family, with two small children, and have someone break into your home...THEN tell me how you feel about how no one should have guns...?

If the existing gun laws were enforced, that would help...
 MajMikeW
Msg: 72
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:15:48 AM
Shan

Add some boots to that outfit and maybe some garters with a derringer tucked in, and send me a picture PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MajMike

p.s. This thread just reminds me of why I will never live in NYC, or any other place that denies me the tools to defend myself.
 shannanigan
Msg: 73
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:39:46 AM

Lighten Up please.... you are going to give yourself an ulcer.
 eccentric
Msg: 74
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:47:29 AM
why don't you lighten up on abortion and I will lighten up on gun control
 shannanigan
Msg: 75
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:50:57 AM
Why don't you lighten up about Abortion and you can have your gun control.
 foxefire
Msg: 76
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:16:49 AM

I wasn't laughing about gun control. I was laughing about what Shani said. I can actually see gun totein' becoming a fashion statement. And I find that funny and I laugh everytime I think about it.
 eccentric
Msg: 77
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:29:21 AM
well I have had to very seriously consider moving into a neighbor that is notorious for gang violence and hatred towards whites, because I could not afford to make it any other way.

If I had been able to carry a gun, I would have felt alot better about the situation.

So laugh your little fashion conscious ass off
 shannanigan
Msg: 78
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:43:52 AM
According to Watchman and his pals your type of situation is your own fault...
so why don't you go b!tch at them for a while.
 shannanigan
Msg: 79
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:48:55 AM
Hmmmm..... interesting new spin on the tone of this particular Neo-Con fave....

I give it an 8.5
 foxefire
Msg: 80
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:51:19 AM
well I have had to very seriously consider moving into a neighbor that is notorious for gang violence and hatred towards whites, because I could not afford to make it any other way.

If I had been able to carry a gun, I would have felt alot better about the situation.

So laugh your little fashion conscious ass off

I think that if I had to live in that type of enviroment I wouldn't hesitate about having a gun legal or not. I'm sure the thugs in that enviroment don't either.

Are tatto's a fashion statement? Just curious.
 shannanigan
Msg: 81
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:58:15 AM
Some people have no sense of humor Foxfire.... its sad.

I have tattoos. I never thought of them as fashion....
more like permanent pieces of my artwork. But yes,
I do think they have become extremely fashionable
over the past 10 years or so.

But I suppose thats talk for another thread....
 MajMikeW
Msg: 82
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 11:06:44 AM
Shan

To an earlier post, Disney in Florida does not search guests. Only in the DRK (Demokratic Republik of Kalifornia) would that be permitted. Since our permits require 'concealed' carry, they need not be aware I am armed, until (God forbid) I am forced to use my weapon to defend myself or others.

All

Every time a new state adds concealed carry (CC) laws or laws such as this in Florida are passed the overreaction includes predictions of gunfights in the streets, the Wild West come again. The fact that this has never come true doesn't seem to prevent the same tired diatribes from being repeated time and again. In fact, per DoJ statistics, violent crime has decreased in the states which have shall-issue laws on concealed carry. Whether this is cause and effect is open to debate, but the raw numbers are valid.

To get a CC permit one must go through a background check after submitting fingerprints, a photo, proof of firearms training and an application with your history on it. In Florida they have 90 days to process the app, and of over a million permits issued since the inception of the program (about 320,000 currently valid) the number of permits revoked for criminal activity is 155, and none were for murder. [From the Florida CCW website] To counter even this small number of violators we have the estimated tens of thousands of time a legally carried firearm is used (mostly displayed) to prevent a crime.

I carry a weapon most of the time, but like most CCW holders the last thing I want to do is use it, because that situation means someone, either myself or another, is getting hurt and maybe killed. Gun owners understand the ability of a weapon to kill, and therefore are more apt to avoid situations where the use of one is possible, nobody wants a new OK corral. BUT, as a free American I will exercise my RIGHT to bear arms, and the public, including you and me, is safer for that fact.

MajMike
 eccentric
Msg: 83
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 11:12:11 AM
what does tattoos have to do with guns?

but no they aren't a fashion statement for me, they are an artistic expression of my journey in life.
 shannanigan
Msg: 84
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 11:15:35 AM
Thats not true Mike.... businesses can restrict people from bringing weapons
on their property. And to feel your "Right to bear arms" is more important than
the safety of others, especially children in a mass place like Disney is completely
ridiculous and irresponsible.
 ricburts
Msg: 85
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 12:10:24 PM
Thats right they don't belong in a lace like disney world. Or in the Red Lake school or Columbine. Just think one armed adult could have saved how many childrens lives in those situations. So lets keep the legal guns out of Disney World and wait for some nut case to go off and kill more of our children. Good Idea
 shannanigan
Msg: 86
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 12:13:32 PM
^^^ Great idea, more guns around kids.
Brilliant... give yourself a cookie, you sure showed me!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >