Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > New gun law in Florida      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 snowboardnut
Msg: 51
view profile
History
New gun law in FloridaPage 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
i've done my homework. it looks like you can't change your glasses though. i argue that easier access to guns creates far mroe criminals then it suppresses. paired with laws like this its easy to get away with murder. in ny its simple. if you shoot anyone for anything, you go to jail. thats a much better suppressent than making it legal in certain instances.
 snowboardnut
Msg: 52
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:49:24 PM
"I can go out in Michigan right now, shoot someone, plant a gun, and make it look like self-defense. You're citing scenarios that already exist, the only difference being a law that justifies the use of deadly force against the threat of deadly force by a citizen."

you said it for me. in ny you go to jail regardless.
 snowboardnut
Msg: 53
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:53:19 PM
"I see. You're saying that if I kill someone, plant evidence, and lie, I can get away with murder? That's a real shocker. That would make a great book! It's never been done before now! And this new law is sure to have all these crimes start pouring in. I mean, how long has this law been in effect? Has the murder rate drastically climbed? Marginally escalated? Anything?"

the difference is, again, that if you go to the police in ny you go to jail unless there are witnesses and even then you might go. in florida and similar states, you won't go to jail as long as it looks good. its easier to get away with murder in florida.

"
lol, well, it must suck to be a woman in New York, where the only defense you have, to repel a rapist, is to rape him back."

i know. the only way she can shoot is if he has a gun or other deadly weapon and is threatening her life. otherwise if its punches she better kick him in the balls.
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 54
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:55:14 PM

i argue that easier access to guns creates far mroe criminals then it suppresses.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but guns are going to be legal as long as that good old amendment to the constitution stands up. The same piece of paper that guarantees your right to free speech, and so on.

paired with laws like this its easy to get away with murder.

I really don't see how this law would make it any easier to kill someone. If someone wants someone dead, then they will find a way to do it. Why not just plant a knife on them? What's the difference?

in ny its simple. if you shoot anyone for anything, you go to jail. thats a much better suppressent than making it legal in certain instances.

I think you're full of shit. Everyone in EVERY state has the right to defend themself with deadly force. I have never heard of this law you claim (which I believe is wholly fictitious) and if you can cite this law, through a link, then I will eat my hat.
 ricburts
Msg: 55
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:55:15 PM
What homework have you done?
Heres a Quote for you....
Now that we have a society that is free of firearms we can expect a more peaceful future

And that was Adolf Hitler who said that.

So when it's your wife thats been raped and there is nothing you can do about how are you gonna feel then? Are you gonna say gee I sure hope the cops catch that deranged lunatic. Or are you gonna be upset you weren't armed and able to prevent it?
 ricburts
Msg: 56
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:03:31 PM
Kind of ironic that the guy who hates guns uses drugs. Supporting drug dealers and gang members who do most of the shootings. I guess thats what you call Irony
 snowboardnut
Msg: 57
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:05:32 PM
"Heres a Quote for you....
Now that we have a society that is free of firearms we can expect a more peaceful future

And that was Adolf Hitler who said that."

umm, what hitler did was good for germany, and bad for everyone else. either way, i assure you the crime rate went down after that law was passed.

"So when it's your wife thats been raped and there is nothing you can do about how are you gonna feel then? Are you gonna say gee I sure hope the cops catch that deranged lunatic. Or are you gonna be upset you weren't armed and able to prevent it?"

i don't know about you guys, but i don't need a firearm to prevent it unless the other guy has one. if he had a gun, the victim is my witness of self defense after reasonable confrontation. i'd be fine.

the problem is the sense of enpowerment that firearms give you. this is especially dangerous for those who are weak and/or have low self confidence. mixing guns with people like this results in more unessacary homicides than before. they would rather shoot than be a friggin man and fight to the death with your bear hands like one should.
 eccentric
Msg: 58
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:06:43 PM
Regardless of the law, criminal will get guns and murderers will shoot; I want the oppurtunity if somebody pulled a gun on my family to protect them.

Edit- So you are saying the Hitler was good for germany. tell that to jews who were murdered by the gov't and could not defend themselves
 snowboardnut
Msg: 59
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:08:07 PM
"Kind of ironic that the guy who hates guns uses drugs. Supporting drug dealers and gang members who do most of the shootings. I guess thats what you call Irony"

i smoke pot man keep your hat on. that stuff is growable you know.

anyway, it would be harder for them to get guns if we had stricter laws(see gun shows for a big example).
 ricburts
Msg: 60
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:09:06 PM
Yep and it was a lot safer for Hitler and his hench men to haul everyone they wanted off to death camps too.
 snowboardnut
Msg: 61
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:11:51 PM
do you really think any germans would have tried to stop them even if they had guns? the german people(non jews) loved him.
 ricburts
Msg: 62
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:12:48 PM
Well snow in your world you and your wifes theoretical attacker can duke it out to the death over her. But in the real world if that happens he's gonna be armed.
 ricburts
Msg: 63
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:14:44 PM
Snow boarder thats not exactly true My grandmother was from Nazi Germany he wasn't as well loved as you think. The problem was nobody could do anything about him. Those that could tried in an failed assination plot. I forget how many of his generals he hung on that deal.
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 64
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:30:07 PM

do you really think any germans would have tried to stop them even if they had guns? the german people(non jews) loved him.

*sigh*

Many Jews WERE German. Born in Germany, raised in Germany, citizens of Germany. For God's sake crack open a book and read about this stuff before you start spewing out this bullshit.
 felldownstairs
Msg: 65
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:32:54 PM
Lest we not forget he was responsible for the Night of the Long Knives as well.

Anyway, I'm generally of the mind that guns in the wrong hands are bad. How do you determine who's hands are wrong? That's the difficulty. I was raised in a fairly openminded progressive family, if we were American none of us would have ever voted republican, however, I was also raised with guns. I like guns. I use them for sport shooting, and being Canadian I'm not permitted to carry one with me. And I probably wouldn't anyway, as I can't say I've ever lived in an area where violent crime was rampant.

However, if I were living in an area where I had to be concerned with my personal safety, yeah, I would probably feel a lot better with a law that says: "if someone attacks you and you defend yourself, we're not going to throw your ass in jail, cause you didn't start shi.t"

Whether that be with guns, knives, fists, etc. I don't care. That law just makes common sense. I have a friend who spent 16 months in jail because he was jumped in the parking lot of a bar and fought back. He got in a lucky punch and sent the guy down. On the way down, the guy hit his head on the bumper of a car and suffered brain damage. Is that fair?

I certainly hope with that one post that I haven't been lumped into the same camp as Watchman and all the other Militia men with bunkers in their backyards. But that's how I honestly feel.
 darjeeling
Msg: 66
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/27/2005 11:36:19 PM

if you can cite this law, through a link, then I will eat my hat.

I don't care if all the folks down in Florida, plant guns, defend themselves, become like the Hatfields and McCoys.................hell it'll open up some real estate.

But I'd really like to see Bulldog eat his hat. (Or at least stop point'n that finger)

Supply a link

darjeeling
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 67
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 12:29:24 AM
Lol, it IS kind of smarmy. I might have to photoshop a kitten into my hand or something.
 shannanigan
Msg: 68
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 6:37:04 AM

Wonder if this law will ever come to pass in Michigan? I can see me now leaving for work....let's see got my cell phone, got my purse....Oh did I forget anything? Oh yea! Straps 44 on hip. lol

You guys better hope not.... because I live in Michigan too.
I'm thinking I might look kinda sexy wearing a black
leather studded gun belt with a pearled ivory handle shooter
and a cowboy hat.

foxefire
Msg: 69
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:22:49 AM

You guys better hope not.... because I live in Michigan too.
I'm thinking I might look kinda sexy wearing a black
leather studded gun belt with a pearled ivory handle shooter
and a cowboy hat.

eccentric
Msg: 70
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:25:40 AM
keep thinking its funny, until it actually happens to you

some people living in dangerous neighborhoods don't have the choice to give up luxuries, because they don't have any luxuries to give up.

they live in these neighborhoods, because that is the only way to keep food on the table and clothes on the backs of their kids.
 acburbank97
Msg: 71
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 8:23:56 AM
To get a concealed weapon permit in Texas is not easy...I think the general public carrying guns is a slippery slope, to say the least...but I'm not necessarily against it.

Allie Cat...have a family, with two small children, and have someone break into your home...THEN tell me how you feel about how no one should have guns...?

If the existing gun laws were enforced, that would help...
 MajMikeW
Msg: 72
view profile
History
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:15:48 AM
Shan

Add some boots to that outfit and maybe some garters with a derringer tucked in, and send me a picture PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MajMike

p.s. This thread just reminds me of why I will never live in NYC, or any other place that denies me the tools to defend myself.
 shannanigan
Msg: 73
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:39:46 AM

keep thinking its funny, until it actually happens to you

Lighten Up please.... you are going to give yourself an ulcer.
 eccentric
Msg: 74
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:47:29 AM
why don't you lighten up on abortion and I will lighten up on gun control
 shannanigan
Msg: 75
New gun law in Florida
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:50:57 AM
Why don't you lighten up about Abortion and you can have your gun control.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > New gun law in Florida