Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > What are you an expert in??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sylvrslug
Msg: 1
What are you an expert in??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
A friend told me if you want to learn somehting, hang out with an expert. So there's a lot of people mreading these forums. So what are you people experts in?

Feel free to elaborate on how ya came to be an expert. Everyone knows something about something...

o ya, and rock on!
 Fit2curl
Msg: 2
What are you an expert in??
Posted: 5/11/2007 5:14:25 PM
I'm an expert analyzer. I can sit for time on end without talking and just listen to and watch people and analyze what they are going through/doing even in their own minds. I have this way of thinking out of my own experiences.

oh, and I'm expert at dating the wrong WOMEN. omg... its laughable if I wasn't so scared now.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/11/2007 8:14:00 PM
My by-line for a long, long, long time has been
"I'm a Jack-of-all-trades, and master of none. I am also a walking encyclopeadia of the most useless information you may ever ask about!"

This came about from my many jobs and interests, if you need a solution for something, I can usually give an immediate response , but if you have five minutes for me to check the deep crevices of the mind, I can probably come up with a definitive response that will either be exactly what you needed, or so darn close it won't matter.

I have certificates and tickets in many fields, am proficient as a technical writer and hence a vast range of knowledge. For fun I like crosswords and puzzle games or a good game of scrabble, again, my path of jobs has assisted in th eknowledge base. But an expert ......well, I prefer to think I can do what is needed, to the best of my ability, that's the only thing I am expert at.
 Taurid1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 7:23:01 AM
I'm a spectacular expert in classic mainframe stuff. That stopped being relevant to my job in 03. Our last PL/I application was replaced at the end of September and I was laid off on Oct 15 that year. (I've been underemployed ever since.)

Procrastination and learning to put up with things rather than fix 'em? Everyone does that pretty well. I'm just better than most.
 sylvrslug
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/12/2007 9:41:58 PM
thats kewl so many people are saying stuff. (Am i supposed to call the general public in here fish or people? I didn't actually read the disclaimer when i signed up. I just wanna be in the club, mannnn.)

I'm an expert blinker. Most people don't never thought to ask but ya... I've been blinkin all my life. Started off small ya know, what i could handle. Only give in a few actual blinks all day. Most just half blinks or taken shortcuts like not opeiong my eyes all the way. So here's to 27. whatever years of blinkin, and all you other experts out there.
 sylvrslug
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/14/2007 1:02:51 AM
that's what I'm talking about. fstfrdy has a passion for BBQ'n in an almost obsesive compulsive disorder kinda way. OCDBBQ but thats kewl.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/14/2007 8:28:19 PM
^^^^
Sure haven't seen any verification of that!!!

Proof is in the pudding don't forget!
 singlebookgeek
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2007 11:28:29 PM
furniture, books, electronics, fashion

four things I sold ....
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > What are you an expert in??