Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Would you date a smoker or ex smoker? Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I've dated smokers. No problem with it at all as long as they have no problem spending time getting to know my porch.
 garyo1954
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Would you date a smoker or ex smoker?
Posted: 4/27/2005 3:58:43 PM
^^^^^^ Calls for using the OTB method
 romanticbob
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/27/2005 4:05:40 PM
Yes, but my fresh air is important. We would have to make arrangements about where to smoke--probably outside.
 Boston_JM
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/24/2005 2:20:07 PM
well i smoke cigars and cigs so i guess i am shit out of luck but then again i am any ways so nothing gained nothing lost
 Laughing Gravy2
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/24/2005 2:26:19 PM
Date an ex smoker?...i don't see the logic in that question..if he or she's an ex smoker so what?..it mean they dont smoke
 SweetKristine
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/24/2005 3:11:54 PM
i dated a smoker once...id always make him brush his teeth before we kissed....cause otherwise it tasted nasty....i have no problems with smokers..long as they are respectful...but i havent dated another smoker since that guy...but i wouldnt turn down mr right if he smoked :) i have an ocassional cigg when i drink...would love to have an after sex cigg..if i ever get laid again ;)
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/12/2005 4:24:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS for quitting smoking I hear it is VERY difficult. I am an affectionate person and don't mind having friends who are "conscientious smokers" but I cannot stand to be around those who must smoke regardless of circumstance leisure or not.
Doesn't matter to me if a woman was once a skoker,it could actually show a possible extra strength. I just can't be affectionate to a smoker because I love to use my senses and the smell and taste of tar and nicotine are not exactly enticing.
 makeyourself
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:09:57 PM
Yeah I would date a smoker...I myself don't smoke...but It wouldn't bother me that much...but I do encourage those who do smoke to quit...for healthy reasons...;)
 astrosky
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:48:37 PM
I date smokers, I don't date non-smokers. That gives us one less thing to fight about.
 makeyourself
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/5/2005 7:25:04 PM
I mean...not that I would completly push someone off my list cause he smokes...but I would prefer him not too...but I would date him anyways...you can't base your attraction to someone with a piece of nicotine in the middle...can you ??!! Maybe Its cause it never really bothered me...it is an important health issue...I can get that...but Im not sure I would put a guy off cause he smokes...but I would encourage him to stop...if it bothered me that much...
 \El Toro/
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/15/2005 4:59:19 AM

How 'bout a selection on the profile to clarify: .... not just "do you smoke" (yes / no / prefer not to say), but perhaps an option to click on "Pipe or Cigars Only" ???

I don't expect you to necessarily agree, galvetraz; I wish in the drug section, they would have a "Weed or hash only" checkbox. I think the perception exists that I'm a crackhead or something, but I don't want to put "No" cos I'm not looking to bullsh!t anybody. "Prefer not to say" is like saying, "Assume the worst", lol.
 leo_goddess
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/9/2006 11:15:35 AM
I've dated smokers but I won't anymore -- it's very gross. I have no problems with ex smokers, i'm very proud of them because I know it's tough.
 Absynth3
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/13/2006 2:49:00 PM
I dated a girl that smoked. She never smoked around me, but she had that sickening cough with all that snot that rattled around in her lungs. I won't ever date another smoker.
 soulmatelookin4mine
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:31:16 PM
I quit smoking 8 yrs ago.

yes i would date or go out with a smoker
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/19/2006 9:51:03 AM
I smoke, and I really only like to date smokers.
 JWA
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/21/2006 10:18:52 AM
^^^TooTall I've never dated a heavy drinker but have tried dating smokers. I have to say the breath a smoker has is horrendous to me. If you've ever slept with one they have a very strong smell that comes from their lungs which seems to be more noticable in the morning. Even if they're not yet had one it's very, very noticable. "Morning breath" by itself is bad enough--add that in and for some it's quite an unpleasant way to wake up.
 bornnice23
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/21/2006 8:14:24 PM
I smoke, but only outside, which makes it very brutal in our harsh Calgary winters! When i re-started smoking due to stress, my daughter was pregnant, and we lived in an apartment. Having lost a lot of weight, I know if I quit again,I will regain the weight,again. As for dating a smoker/non-smoker, I personally tend to smoke less, and have always carried mints or gum with me. If he has a problem with my smoking, it would be up to him to deal with it, as if i have to quit for him, or our relationship, then it makes me wonder what else i will have to give up? Does that mean if he has a habit I don't agree with, I have the right to ask him to give it up? I have dated non-smokers, who were surprised to find out I DID smoke, and have been told I didn't smell like one. But it's along the line of long hair, or moustaches, either you like it, or don't. It's up to you to decide if's it's a deal breaker or not. Usually when i am scrolling through the profiles, if he is a non smoker, I tend to move on, as I know a lot of men do as soon as they see I smoke. It's a personal preference, but it's just my opinion.
 lucilou
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 1:26:40 PM
I will not date smoker, they do have this body smell and wether they smoke outside their breath still smells smoke and kissing is not fun either. I will date ex smoker as long as they really have quit and not cheating.
 simply_peachy
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/17/2007 4:56:50 PM
I could not date a smoker seriously. I think the habit is just repulsive. (No offense to anyone who is currently a smoker, that's just my perception/opinion). I would, however, date an ex-smoker. They've made a conscious choice to prolong their life and stop smelling/tasting(during a kiss) like an old ashtry.(Again, no offense)
 Playfulgal
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/17/2007 11:25:16 PM
I have dated smokers in the past. But I won't any more. My problem is that I have a physical intolerence to it now. I get ill smelling tobacco smoke sometimes. It makes my eyes water, my nose go dry and I feel nausiated. It only happens occationally but I'd rather just avoid it all together.
Plus if he doesn't have a mint handy, it's like kissing an ashtray. (Don't ask me how I know that. lol)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >