Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Abortion & PoliticsPage 11 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
This is a question that has always bothered me.

Why is it that abortion isn't considered murder, but if a women carrying a child is murdered, the murderer is often charged with double murder? Wouldn't it just be murder and abortion? Seems like the old double standard is at play here.
 d0rene
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:23:57 PM
If we could find a way to reverse the stigma of having a child.... If you could make it less of a horrible thing that a woman feels unable to take care of a child and more emotionally acceptable to turn it over to someone else.

It takes two people to have a child, but birth only requires one person to be present and society has a very judgemental view of women who feel unable to raise their children. Men can take the option, "Well, I'm not sure it's mine.." something that thankfully can be very easily proven these days- women can't unless they choose to hide the pregnancy and delivery. Pregnancy is stressful enough, woman give their strength, health, and energy to support a fetus. That is stressful enough without having to deal with the lack of emotional support and stress of people knowing you are pregnant. During that pregnancy your body is completely changed. Some have very peaceful, healthy pregnancies, others go through a living hell that makes changes their their health does not recover from.

Oddly, the younger you are in your pregnancy, the healthier it usually is. Something that society today frowns on. Rather than have a child at a young age, wait until you are stable and can afford the infertitlity experts and physical problems for both the woman and the child in their thirties.
 VVendy
Msg: 202
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:23:30 PM
To kill a person because it may cramp your style is selfish and crule. To not support a person who is your blood, to burn him out of his home cut him up starve him to death because you do not like the crime its father did to you or he is too sickly is an act so sad it is beyond my reasoning. Yet I know that a woman will do what she wants with her body and if it is kill the person inside of it I can not stop her. According to my faith she is as guilty if she even thinks to kill her baby. I think that educating people on the stakes may slow the rate down. I believe women do not really want to kill children. Everytime I have given a woman a way to spare the baby's life she has taken it. I do not think that it is her fault if she miscarries or gets so sick that it is her or the baby's life. I hope that bills will always protect the woman's right to live even if the baby has to die. I hope states can ban abortions and support the children that will be born.
 designingwoman
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:05:14 PM
Eman 101 is someone I would call a genuine pro-lifer. Someone who is against BOTH abortion and the death penalty is TRULY pro life in my book

Not enough is said about the value of adoption as an alternative to abortion. Also, we need to do more for children who are already born.
 cpfstock
Msg: 204
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 1/12/2009 9:33:34 PM
Yeah!! I'm pro-life. I oppose abortion and the death penalty. In the latter case, mostly because it cannot be applied equally in our system. In the first case, because it's murder.
 sd_matt
Msg: 205
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:44:35 PM
Yeah
If you believe that EVERYONE is entitled to protection from death and bodily harm then you would be against abortion. For me it would be after the baby becomes conscious. By the same token if I were brain dead on a hospital bed then pull the plug. If you abort before the baby becomes conscious then it never knows the difference and Im ok with that.

Anyways its a very big contradiction on the part of people to say that they represent equality and yet advocate abortion after the fetus becomes viable. If I cant raise a child and give it the life I intended then I would give it up for adoption. Let it grow up and decide for itself if the life it ended up with is worth living. But to have an abortion for the same reason is not in line with free will and self determination.
 VVendy
Msg: 206
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:30:27 PM
abort before the baby becomes conscious then it never knows the difference and Im ok with that.
hmm
When does a baby become conscios? Its been observed to react to sound light and mother's moods dad's voice has also got a reaction out of an unborn. We have been able to keep a "premie" alive who fits in the palm of a mans hand.are you ok with inducing labor and keeping the baby alive?
 sd_matt
Msg: 207
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:32:58 PM
Wendy
When does a baby become conscious? That's a tough one to answer. The best info I can think of is to ask science. If I had any doubt or it was right on the line then I would keep the baby, if I were a woman.

Overcrowded orphanage or death. I would choose orphanage. But maybe the baby would choose death after growing up all dissatisfied with life. I would let the baby make that decision. Since I'm not a mind reader then I will go with the route that gives the baby the most choices.
 p0lisciguy
Msg: 212
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 7/28/2009 5:13:07 AM
Government shouldn't be in the business of regulating reproduction. That's Nazi territory. Legal abortion? Yes. 58 kids without a dollar in your pocket or a lick of sense in your head? Absolutely. Personal choice is paramount to freedom.
 VVendy
Msg: 213
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:30:51 PM
My view on abortion is based on the Bible heavy words in the OT if an unborn legitimate baby is terminated it is a capital offense. If the baby is conceived any other way (rape, incest, fornication) its life is up to its mother if she is righteous she is expected to keep and raise the child as if it is a gift from God or give it to another. Its father should be put to death or if they can run to a "sinners city" fast enough life in exile in case of rape or incest. If it is conceived by adultery she, it and the father should all be killed by public stoning or pardoned by the spouse(s).

If a woman kills her unborn baby it is the sin of murder that will be on her list she will hear it read off with all her other choices and everything that resulted from each as she stands before the only one who can judge her and that is not going to be me. I am not going to say she can't because God gave us all free will. I will say she should not get pregnant in the first place as my President advises, birth control being free in most areas in the USA. I will say please give the child away. I will say the church has programs to help you and here is a list of places the government has that you can get and things you can do. I will say please do not kill your baby. Please. If I know her I will cry and beg. I will not tell her she can't because everyone knows she can. I will not lie to her. I will not force her. I will not threaten her. I will not pay for the murder to take place. I would like to be sure my tax money did not either.

As I stand before my judge and hear my list I do not want usurper to be on it as it is on the list of anyone who sits in judgment or takes a persons right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. As I said before to kill a person because it may cramp your style is selfish and cruel. To not support a person who is your blood, to burn him out of his home cut him up starve him to death because you do not like the crime its father did to you or he is too sickly is wrong. I think that educating people on the stakes may slow the rate down. I believe women do not really want to kill babies and if they have a choice they will not. Every time I have given a woman a way to spare the baby's life she has taken it. I do not think that it is her fault if she miscarries or gets so sick that it is her or the baby's life. I hope that laws will always protect the woman's right to live even if the baby has to die. I hope states can ban abortions for any other reason and support the children that will be born. If the baby is 5 months along it can be put up for adoption instead of killed and the technology is getting better and better soon I bet we will be able to adopt a baby and grow it in our own womb. Have you heard of a snowflake baby?
 laxref41
Msg: 215
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 9/10/2009 12:43:04 PM
"The Democratic is party is the one largely in favor of this"

Interesting perspective... particularly considering that for the past many years, 7 of the 9 Supreme Court justices were Republican president appointments... yet Roe v. Wade continues to be the case supporting the law...

Perhaps this is so because the justices have concluded that government should not be so intrusive as to penetrate a woman's womb...
 VVendy
Msg: 216
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:58:32 PM

Father/mother and baby put to death = biblical justice

Makes sense to me...../sarcasm

If any of the three are to be killed why the baby? It did not do anything wrong its mom and dad did the dirty deed. Do not answer that I do not want any one to die. I am not going to keep a rock in my pocket should occasion arise lol. They should all live and its parents be forgiven that is what pardoned means.
 VVendy
Msg: 217
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 9/29/2009 6:30:10 PM
Oh I see take a part of a post and twist until useful.

Back to the topic only 8% of abortions are done for reasons such as rape of mother's life is at risk less than 6% because of malformation or illness of the fetus. BHO idea that we should reduce the amount of unwanted pregnancy would put the abortion machine out of business. That is why I voted for him and not the liar who is not doing his job well at all. Who goes to work just to goof off and push all the work on to his co-workers and then grip about how they do it? He should be fired like any of us would be.
 laxref41
Msg: 218
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 9/30/2009 3:59:52 PM
Thank GOD we have the first amendment...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."
 VVendy
Msg: 219
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 10/6/2009 10:36:15 PM
the right to life should not be set aside for the sake of parental comfort. That is the founders belief yes people had abortions in the 1700's as they always did. Back then they took a stand giving every one the right to live.

Now you can have the baby induced at 5 months and it will live with two people who care for it. Why kill it? Plain meanness? www.nrtl.org
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 10/14/2009 4:55:36 PM

The Democratic is party is the one largely in favor of this

What I find interesting and ironic is that the same political party that will go the ends of the earth to defend the worthless miserable lives of terrorists, who by definition blow up innocent people, are also willing to go to the ends of the earth to legalize and legitimize those who are willing to poke holes in an (innocent) unborn child's head, suck it's brains into a sink, rip it's limbs off, and dispose of the remains in a garbage sack.

At least we know that they are consistent.

At least we know their character.

TK
 wisguyingb
Msg: 222
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 10/14/2009 4:59:01 PM
Would the left be up in arms if someone was to open a abortion clinic for dogs and cats?

For the record I think that abortion should be a state issue. Not a federal issue.
 EarlzP
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:34:02 PM

What I find interesting and ironic is that the same political party that will go the ends of the earth to defend the worthless miserable lives of terrorists, who by definition blow up innocent people, are also willing to go to the ends of the earth to legalize and legitimize those who are willing to poke holes in an (innocent) unborn child's head, suck it's brains into a sink, rip it's limbs off, and dispose of the remains in a garbage sack.

At least we know that they are consistent.

At least we know their character.

The issue of abortion should be and will remain a choice that a woman will make concerning what she wants.

You seem to have conveniently forgoten the 100s of thousands of innocent men women and children who became death statistics as we chased down terrorist in Iraq that were in Afganistan, don't walking talking human beings have a meaning to you? Did those innocent civilians have a choice?
 laxref41
Msg: 225
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 10/21/2009 6:53:48 AM
"Republicans had 6 Years of rule to stop abortion and they didn't do anything"

Perhaps of greater interest is that 7 or 9 supreme court justices are republican president appointees and they have not overturned roe v. wade...
Now there's actually a couple of messages there.
 stnick1967
Msg: 227
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:48:19 AM

The fact that the Roberts court has now upheld a new law explicitly violating constitutional law (as set by judicial precedent via Roe) is NOT a good sign!

Guess that depends if you're a fetus or not.........
 VVendy
Msg: 230
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 10/31/2009 7:13:22 PM
In week 6 the brain is formed and the child responds to sound light pain and panic. You ever watched silent scream?

Republicans have over 40% of the pro choice people in their ranks they were never going to do anything about abortion.
 cpfstock
Msg: 231
Abortion & Politics
Posted: 11/1/2009 9:19:59 AM
The SCOTUS erred in Roe v. Wade in two respects, IMHO. First, as stated in the decision the court found the right in the "penumbra" of the constitution. That is, it is not contained in the explict language, but rather in the lightest shawdow cast by the "intent" of constitution. Thus it was contrived and wrongly decided. But, that's a topic for another thread.
Secondly and perhaps even more importantly, the SCOTUS should have declined to hear the case. At the time of their intervention and decision the issue was being decided in state legislatures. That process was nearly complete in most of the states. Roe v. Wade was interjected and it threw the entire political process into chaos. Almost 40 years later it's still a divisional issue in american politics. An issue which would have long ago been settled in the legislative houses of each state were it not for the action of the SCOTUS.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >