Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nubutterfly
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Stalker Guy!!!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If you did NOT give him your phone number, there is no way he could have it. Not unless he knows you already. Is he in your area? If he continues to call report it to the police. They can track it. Or maybe report him to POF and ask them if they can help.
Worth a try.
 stillfun54
Msg: 4
Stalker Guy!!!!
Posted: 5/15/2007 12:27:29 AM
It is easy to track anyone on the internet. There is websights that are dedicated to finding people for a fee. YOUR WHOLE LIFE IS ON THE WEB. Any one can find out your basic info with little effort. If this person is getting personal in his messages and it brothers you that much,then you have options you should exercise. The phone company can put a trap on your line, you can get a block put on this person. Listen to the messages if they are not from a lonely computer geek,but a scarey person,notify your local police and be careful Good luck
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 5
Stalker Guy!!!!
Posted: 5/15/2007 12:53:46 AM
Hackers can break into the Pentagon computers, so you think your telephone number is sacred?
I have had two stalkers that proved to be harmless.
Without knowing more of the specifics, I cannot tell you whether or not to be afraid, but I understand your being creeped out.
Regarding the magical powers of a police report, it is still only a piece of paper, which at least documents the problem in case the situation escalates. Telephone Harassment in this jurisdiction is common and is a misdemeanor that is normally resolved my mediation, but in order to even achieve mediation, you would have to be able to mention first and last name and a place to find him in the report.
As far as a phone tap goes, you need a report and a report number first. The situation is getting more complicated with so many people using cell phones, though.
Have you asked him not to call you? Have you told him that you are not interested in pursuing anything?
Perhaps he will read your post and recognize that you are talking about him, and hopefully that will solve your problem the easy way.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Stalker Guy!!!!
Posted: 5/15/2007 8:51:51 AM
Had you been chatting on msn,if so do you have your name in your profile, I have noticed this and I warn the person I am chatting with that they should delete their last name.
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 10
Stalker Guy!!!!
Posted: 5/15/2007 12:05:51 PM
read post 13... that is where he got your name most likely... and with someones name and general age...
you can find them on the web and all about them... name of parents, number of kids, number of marriages... its all on the web and dirt cheap too... ( less than 20 bucks). Since this guy is doing this he may get off on scaring you... I would not be timid and also let at least one person know about this in case you disappear... and also make a compliant with the police as guys who get off on scaring women are very dangerous.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 12
Stalker Guy!!!!
Posted: 5/15/2007 2:20:44 PM
RE: Message 14,
That advice was NOT from a police officer.

My advice as a police officer is: better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.
If you get a gun for self defense, then also get the associated training, and practice regularly. Otherwise, the firearm is more your enemy than your friend, because it can be taken away from you.
I do not think too many people wake up and say, *YAWN**STRETCH*, "Gee, I hope someone intrudes into my home or my person, because I would really like to kill someone today!" If one goes the legal routes for getting a gun to be prepared to defend themselves, then they also have to be prepared for that possibility.
A police report is only a tool, not a force field. Prosecution and Mediation are also tools, but not force fields.
We had a teenaged girl here (Penny Chang) that was murdered because The System dropped the ball. He gunned her down at a populated street corner while she was on her way to high school. There had been numerous reports made, but the police couldn't arrest him and the psychiatric system set him free, and the prosecution dumped him on the psychiatric system. Thus, he walked free, and killed a fifteen year-old girl with which he was enamored.
You need to determine first how dangerous you think this guy really is.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 16
Stalker Guy!!!!
Posted: 5/15/2007 3:25:41 PM
mike1746,
A restraining order is also merely a piece of paper, a tool, and not a force field! They can be arrested, but for how long?
"Better 100 guilty men go free, than 1 man be convicted!" That is the mantra of the U.S. System. From my experience on POF, the Canadian System seems to be even more liberal.
Reports, restraining orders are pieces of paper, that advise the suspect to stay away. What if they do not stay awy?
If I was a psychotic, which I think myself not to be, and wanted to kill you, by the time I showed up, kicked in your door and shot you, I am thinking about two minutes, maximum, unless I wanted to torture you first. Most neighbors who hear the screams let people handle their own domestic problems.
Pieces of paper are tools and not a bad thing, but they are also not carte blanche protective force fields!

Finally, if one abuses you once, despite the tears, the apologies, and the promises, I guarantee you that it will happen again, and the next time it will be worse!
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 21
Stalker Guy!!!!
Posted: 9/27/2007 8:08:35 PM
Meet him alone in an alley...and introduce him to your buddy Walther.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >