Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gossip Mongers and Back Biters      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Gossip Mongers and Back BitersPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Why?, this has been prompted by another thread running at the moment.. Why do people feel the need to back bite and b1tch... I can't be doing with cliques and back stabbing sniping ... If you don't like someone then just ignore them, why go to the effort of telling all and sundry your opinion on them, and why the hell do people listen to gossip mongers???
If someone comes to me with a rumour I tell them straight I'm not interested.. Or I go directly to the person involved and tell them what's being said about them... Aren't we meant to be adults and not kids playing at chinese whispers...
What do you think about people who gossip to you about alleged friends, because I tell you, I think to myself I know damned well they obviously gossip about me to someone else... I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.. Are you guilty of gossiping ..
Loose lips sink ships...
 restless_native
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Gossip Mongers and Back Biters
Posted: 5/15/2007 3:43:23 AM
No. I'm a bloke.

There was a thread recently which claimed that women spoke an average of 3 times more words per day than men.

I suppose all that extra waffle has to go somewhere.

The great Billy Connolly said that women are incapable of keeping secrets, but they can hold in a fart. If you want a woman to keep something to herself, whisper it up her @rse.
 stevencl
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2007 5:13:02 AM
student nurse, being a fellow health professional, is it just me or is it nurses i find are the worst for b1tching and back stabbing?

vvvv i think women are the worst in hospitals but that's probably cause there is so many of them us men don't get a chance
 pink_bunny_1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2007 5:20:59 AM
I have to say i am guilty of listening to gossip it is the nosey side of me, but i dont think i pass it on i think once told it goes in one ear out the other.. cant be bothered to pass it round, i have very short memory span so unless it is really juicy then it is forgotton quite quickly..but then on the other hand if any one comes trying to tell tales about what someone has said about me i AlWAYS say to the message bearer unless you are willing to face the source of the gossip starter or who you got the imformation off THEN DONT TELL ME because i will always go and confront the person direct and put a stop to it, if it is causing concern to me or my family if its just rubbish i let them get on with it, talking about me they leaving someone else alone
and if im important enough for people wanting to talk about me then woo hoo thats good i been noticed !!

but no if gossip causes people distress then it is not a good thing and should be nipped in the bud
 restless_native
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 4:19:53 PM
I have no time for gossip mongers or backbiters. They are usually very cowardly individuals who use other people to do their dirty work for them as they haven't got the guts to say what they think to someones' face.

The best thing to do is just ignore them. It's only a forum and does their opinion really matter to anyone other than themselves? I don't think so.
 lalby
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/13/2007 8:17:04 AM
I form my own opinions of people but alot goes on on the forums of late and is 1 of the reasons i stopped using them so much as it always seemed someone was trying to get at someone else and i decided i had better things to do.So now i pop in now and again and keep myself to myself and leave the gossips to thier own devices.
 restless_native
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 8:45:35 AM
To be fair. all the ****iest threads which usually end up being deleted tend to be about meet organisation. I don't usually know what's going on really, but they can be bloody entertaining.

I somtimes feel that Gerald Ratner couldn't do a better job.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 1:30:05 PM
One obvious side effect of Gossip Mongers and Back Biters is that they tend to cause my inbox to fill up full of reports. The obvious lack of maturity that causes someone to maliciously go after another for any reason will spill out into all areas of their lives as well.

Once caught up in the game of back biting online, do not be surprised when you begin to attract this kind of behaviour in other areas of your life. It is best to back away quickly from any of it. Even though it may seem like harmless banter, it can and will shape the way you see the world, and how the world sees you, over time.

Do what you will out there, but keep the gossip/back biting off our forums and out of my inbox.

Some are prone to the delusion that the way they conduct themselves here is private and anonymous and therefore they do not conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. These forums are not private.

It would be wise to remember, a potential mate, future inlaw, future employer etc. may be reading the back biting or gossip mongering responses to others. They may never say a word to you about what they have seen, but their first impression opinion has already been made.

Conduct yourselves accordingly. Discuss issues and plan events according to the guidelines of forum posting and you cannot go wrong.

Bassman Jack
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2007 11:04:16 AM
Let them gossip away!!! If my life and actions iterested people to the extent that they had to gossip and **** about me, let them get on with it........They must lead a really boring life.
Most of the people on the site will only ever be 2D charecters to me...A picture with words written under it! So why should I be bothered by, what they thought of me. It would only be their opinion, of ME, another 2D charecter.
Opinions are like bottoms (To say it politely ladies might read this) every-one has one. Some nice and some that stink.
So why deprive people from the pleasure of talking about my favourite subject.....ME!!!

The plus side of it is, if they were talking about me, they would be leaving some other poor soul alone.........
On the Ice!
 restless_native
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2007 6:50:58 AM
There is quite a lot of irony in this thread. Posting veiled references and sly comments that are obviously aimed at certain people. Is that not what gossiping and backbiting is?

I wish people would be direct and say what they really mean. It sounds like there's something juicy going on and being a nosey b@stard I'd love to know what it is.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gossip Mongers and Back Biters