Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitchensink
Msg: 16
view profile
History
WHATS THE BEST TASTING MEAL YOU HAVE HAD ON HOLIDAYPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
A ham and mushroom pizza near the Arc de Triomphe in Paris with my ex.
It was made of some of the softest, tastiest bread I've ever bitten into.
 mooty
Msg: 20
WHATS THE BEST TASTING MEAL YOU HAVE HAD ON HOLIDAY
Posted: 6/27/2007 5:11:42 PM
That's easy....anything cooked by my Mom. Nothing like it!
 mooty
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/27/2007 5:12:55 PM
Oh crud.....you meant vacation. Still.....if my Mom is with and she's cooking.....that meal.
 NeverCoast
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/1/2008 6:22:15 PM
Fish soup - Barrel Stay restaurant in Anguilla. I have a lot of great meals, but nothing comes close to this one.
 vbxtc
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2008 4:30:05 PM
There have been a few:

The first time I had duck confit and foir gras (a near orgasmic experience) at a sidewalk cafe in Paris near Notre Dame. I and some family members sat around for about three hours eating, talking and people watching. I think that was the first time I realized how in a hurry Americans always seem to be and how relaxed the rest of the world is.

A little place in the middle of nowhere on St. Croix, the South Shore Cafe looks like someones house until you're just about on top of it and you realize it's a restaurant. Frommer's had mentioned it and since it was 5 minutes from the hotel I checked it out. It was love at first taste. The lobster beignet appetizer was about the best food I've ever had and the lamb was incredible. The lone waitress was very friendly as was the chef/owner who came out to chat for awhile. So good that when my friend (another foodie) showed up at the airport two days later the first thing I said was, "I know where we're going to dinner tonight"! Duggan's Reef on the island serves an awesome Irish whiskey soaked lobster.

On Grand Cayman, the night after eating at a guide book recommended, fairly pricey place with good, but not awe inspiring food, we were directed to a cheap little hole in the wall place down the street by one of the porters. Since it was after 11, it was about the only place left open. I had, hands down, the best goat curry I've ever tasted.

After sitting in a gym all day on Jamaica near Spanish Town one afternoon, a few of us escaped to a local beach to swim. There were some vendors selling food, and a guy came up to us selling fresh fish and lobsters straight out of the water. We paid him and he cooked them over a grill on top of an open fire. Some of the best seafood ever in a beautiful setting... Also, in Kingston, a few of us braved the Jerk Palace, a tin roofed place I would dare any US health inspector to enter. I was introduced to REAL jerk for the first time: amazing chicken, outstanding pork, shrimp and the most delicious, melt-your-face-off pepper sauce anywhere.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >