Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Teddy1961
Msg: 26
view profile
History
old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)Page 2 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
jungle*bells , I hear from girl friends that they are allways hit on by much younger men , and I say ...Good on you ! Why not mate?
I don't think for a minute your aging will limit you a bit!!

As for your concerns about "their looks , not their age"
I can assure you nothing is further than the truth :)
What I find attractive , is a person I share similar interests and tastes with.
You know , when you chat with someone over dinner , and you both say "YES! I agree! Yes I like that music too! You like that food too? OMG , I thought I was the only one !!"

" You really went to school there too?"
"oh yes , I know that place ! I go there too:) "

" You like that stuff too?"

Thats what I find attractive.
 Kat.66
Msg: 27
view profile
History
old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)
Posted: 5/19/2007 12:07:23 AM
I do have senior males wanting to chat ..but hey my profile only states for that.
Maybe its something as simple as they find you attractive and just say gday ..then again 1800 they may wanna....... take you out for coffee...wine ..dine ..or totally do things that males do!

after all they are males and just because there alittle older than you doesnt change the DNA or desire.

By the way my partener is 13 years my senior and I coulnt find a more attractive,phisically fit, outgoing rocket in bed type of person .

But dont tell him that.

Boho-Chick
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/19/2007 12:33:19 AM
I like the *idea* that age is just a number and it doesn't really mean anything - and to a degree this is true. One man's 50 year-old could be another's 20 year-old. I mean, we can't generalise here about a number. BUT, I tend to wonder what things attract two people of extremely different ages.

I recently received an email from a guy who is older than my dad (and my dad was 25 when I was born), and although he's probably a fantastic guy - I can't see myself dating him. (Although, maybe when he is about 90 and I am 65 or so it could work - actually no, I still can't see it).

FORTY is my limit at the moment, guys!
 SergeantOz
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/19/2007 12:34:24 AM
I am sure some of those old buggers may still have lead in their pencils but are they are able to scribble with it still ?

Perhaps they are lonely or finding partners around their own age is difficult since some of them may not be as agile or sexy in those Flannelette Nighties.

One good thing - marry and old bloke and you can get cheap insurance, cheaper movie tickets and cheaper meals if you dine at 4.30pm !!
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/19/2007 1:29:10 AM
so i have read all the replies from the men on this topic and it seems age doesnt really matter its all about interests and personality.So let me ask, if you are 35 would you have any interest romantically in a 60 year old? If you are 45 would you have any interest in a 70 year old? Cmon lets be honest now.....i find it very hard to believe a man would be interested in a woman 25 years his senior!!!
 OleTimeMusic
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/19/2007 1:38:52 AM
i remember when i was about 15, me and most the bouys in the geography class wanted to explore our geography teacher,..... she was hotttttt
 netab
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/19/2007 1:40:29 AM
Bloody nurses but so true!
 serenex
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/19/2007 1:41:19 AM
^^^
If you are 45 would you have any interest in a 70 year old? Cmon lets be honest now.....i find it very hard to believe a man would be interested in a woman 25 years his senior!!! ...................................................................................................................

Got that right 1800 noooooo way
 beerisafood
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/19/2007 1:47:50 AM
personally i wouldnt go out with someone too much older than myself.....im almost 38 so im guessing a lady maybe mid 40's would be about the oldest i'd look at....at the other end of the scale nothin younger than 30......the only woman i love 25 years my senior is my Mum......couldnt imagine goin out with any of her friends tho...they smell of mothballs pmsl
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/19/2007 2:08:35 AM
netab........maybe thats my problem........i have been ruined by my profession!!
I have seen enough naked old blokes in a work capacity to know i don't ever need to wake up next to one!!!
 lucylu4
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/19/2007 2:08:41 AM
Like a lot of women have already stated in this post, I go by looks more than age. So really, a guy could be 50 but if he looks pretty good and sexy and doesn't have white/grey hair (and is not bald either) and has a pretty good body and outlook on life, then I will be interested.

Even though I am not in my 20s, I am slim and not grey and I think I look good for my age, so I guess I am attracted to the same in a guy. I know I may come across here as sounding vain and superficial but I'm just being honest.
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/19/2007 2:11:07 AM
lucy.........you vain, superficial woman........good thing you have your cat for company!!!
Good to see you back
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/19/2007 2:20:36 AM

If you are 45 would you have any interest in a 70 year old

I'll be ok with that as long as I can call her "aunty" when my drink buddies are around and use her
concession/pensioner card to get discounts on tyres and stuff......

Oh, and no hanky panky in bed.

But 1800 you are right. We men never have double standards.....we like them young because we are task oriented. Older chicks are not nimble enough...
 Faux Pa
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/19/2007 7:34:58 AM
I met an older woman at a bar the other night.
She was a good looking woman for 55. We had a few drinks and it ended up in a bit of an accidental tentative cuddle . . you know how it happens.
Anyway she asked if I'd ever had a sportsman's double . . a mother and daughter 3-some?

I said no.

We had another couple of drinks, then she said tonight was my lucky night!
We went back to her place.
She put the hall light on and and shouted upstairs:
"Mum . . you still awake?"

Aussie_Opal58
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/19/2007 7:57:27 AM
A few years ago, I was seeing a man who was 63 years old (I was 44) but he did not look his age, had as much energy as a 50 year old and without being crude, everything was very much in working order. We were together nearly two years. I think both of us knew that it wouldn't last. We both had very different interests and our outlook on life just didn't compare but at the time we were happy. He, now, has a lovely lady (his age) and we are still the very best of friends who ring one another regularly to "catch up". On the other side of the coin, I couldn't date a man that was 20 years my junior. Where it may work for some women, it's just not for me.

I am sure some of those old buggers may still have lead in their pencils but are they are able to scribble with it still ?

Just for the record, SergeantOz, my friend still had the lead and was able to do remarkable portraits.
 bucky140
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/19/2007 7:58:01 AM
Faux,did that scare the shit out of you.Maybe that's why i don't date anymore(or i'm butt ugly).I'm tried of being labled(oh go on correct my spelling),i'm tried of the fact that since i'm over 40 i'm considered old.Yes 1800 you at 35 consider me a old fart at my age"so be it" but i can't help who i'm attractive too.Yes i would't date anyone that much older than me,so i'll happerly live out the rest of my life as a single man.
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/19/2007 8:18:55 AM
1-800 you wish.....You have Talk/Email as your preference in your profile, so why should it matter how old the person is that you talk/email with?
If you chose 'dating' or 'long term' etc then perhaps you have a reason to complain.
You also have your mail settings on offer, so why don't you use them?
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/19/2007 3:50:29 PM
^^^ exactly my point i have said "talk/email" why contact me if you are looking for "longterm" or "intimate encounter"??? I have very little in common with someone of almost pension age...........so of course it matters how old the person is i talk to.......what a strange thing to say!!!
As for mail settings,i have met some fabulous people on POF and made some great friends (both male and female) and this would not have happened if my mail settings were too stringent ie if i had blocked everyone but men, 30-40,in my area. Thats the reason i dont use them!!
My original question was'nt a complaint, i was just curious to find out why this happens,if it happens to other people and the reasons behind it!!
 serenex
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/19/2007 4:11:55 PM
^^^ Trouble maker
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/19/2007 4:27:45 PM
^^^ Who me??
I have just received my first "Hate mail" regarding this thread..........Still i have youth on my side........im sure i can outrun them..........or at least kick away their walking sticks and scarper!!!
 Robbbyg
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/19/2007 7:37:57 PM

so i have read all the replies from the men on this topic and it seems age doesnt really matter its all about interests and personality.So let me ask, if you are 35 would you have any interest romantically in a 60 year old? If you are 45 would you have any interest in a 70 year old? Cmon lets be honest now.....i find it very hard to believe a man would be interested in a woman 25 years his senior!!!

in Answer Yes to all the above, if we liked each other,,
Some of us see through what lies on the surface, i have dated both young and old, depends on the soul, not the make up !! i would date 60 yr old if we had same interests, absolutely no problem there,,,
A friend of mine is 45 hes been with a 22 year old for a couple of years, they look good together, when people are similar there is no age difference, and as you mature you will come to understand this
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/19/2007 7:43:31 PM
^^Ok robby, but if maturing means dating pensioners i think i might just stay immature!!
Like you would date a 70 year old........sorry dont believe for a minute!!
 Robbbyg
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/19/2007 7:55:05 PM

Like you would date a 70 year old........sorry dont believe for a minute!!

I Said 60 years old, and i have done it want to see her pic? you will be surprised
 Robbbyg
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/19/2007 7:56:15 PM
In a few years you will feel the same way all people do
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/19/2007 8:03:28 PM
^^^ behave now or serenex will tell us to get a room!!!
And you are too old for me!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)