Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BluePatch
Msg: 726
old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)Page 30 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

I will say this for sure. Even the younger men (god love 'em)...when they catch an itsy bitsy widdle cold...are absolutely hopeless.

Thanks Naamah - hopelessly pmsl
 ranam
Msg: 727
old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)
Posted: 2/5/2008 6:54:57 PM
come on guy, go easy on the oldies!!!
'old men...hopeful or hopeless' it
doesn't really matter!

...the phenomena of nature gets the tab!
one of which? when young you need an older ...
when old you need a younger...it's a
tansfusional thing, interactive appetite...

clinton experimented on it rather extravagantly...

for us oldies we still fondly embrace the adage,
"and in the end, it's not the years in your life
that counts. it's the life in your years."

stay cool out there folks, and thanks....

hertzi
Msg: 728
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2008 7:19:43 PM
so after talking to him for a month i had this handsome 65-year old geezer walking round my beautiful little country house , squeaking from one of his replacement hips and he said 'it's a bit small for me, really'. he lived with his daughter who wanted him out, had not a red razoo saved up and was looking for a warm nest and a nurse for his old age. he also enquired whether i would consider buying a nice car (he favoured bmw or mec) 'caus he couldn't get up and down the hills round here, his lungs, you know, the smoking....
sorta lost contact with him pronto-ish
 Mark_Perth
Msg: 729
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2008 7:42:17 PM
thats the things about old guys.... always looking for a free meal and a warm bed and someone to wash their undies... the best idea is to completely ignore any guy over 50 and go for the young ones.... get em before the effects of smoking kick in..
 allmynamestaken
Msg: 730
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:40:29 PM
Hah! It will happen forever. Get used to it. I get men over 60 writing me, and I'm 49, but the deal is the same- men keep on wanting women who are at least 10yrs younger than themselves. And lots of guys my age are writing to girls like you!!! LOL. And then complaining there's no-one out there who is their type!
 watchyabaknewbies
Msg: 731
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:54:18 PM
0 i know what your saying ... i have male friends on here.. the kind i knew before they came online....what ever ages they are they are they seem to think on the whole younger is better..
and me.. i was married to an older guy for 12 yrs and i can tell you the mere thought of an older guy gives me the willies.. so i kinda stuffed i have a seleceted age group who in all reality wouldnt have me in their age group...
but if i met them in the real world would i be so fussy probably not.

xmmm
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 732
Posted: 3/9/2008 9:18:57 PM
m and m and m and m and m and m and m........Oh, sorry, my old age made me forget to stop......

I looked at your profile and it says you are 39 and have men 33 to 47, so that's 8 years older and 6 years younger....What do you call "an older guy"...????...

As for all your friends thinking younger is better, I don't think all men are like that. I'm a bit like you, I'd think around 6-8 years younger or older would fit in about right. Especially as you get a bit older....I wouldn't want my 15 year old daughter dating someone 7-23......a year or so at the most either side is OK at the moment. And for any 18 to 23 year olds reading this....Burning is the best way to get rid of the body....So if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

On another point.....You'd also be surprised how many women have profiles that are in their mid to late 30's(and older!!!) have men from 18 to their age or mostly a couple of years younger. Some of the men in their range would be younger than their children....So it's not just men.
 watchyabaknewbies
Msg: 733
Posted: 3/10/2008 1:00:13 AM
briz guy..
older is a state of mind as much as an age group for me and god no one shoot me for it but my way of thinking is 50+ is far to old for me.. just me.. no one else

i am young looking i look no more than 35 i act sadly alot younger at time!! and i find i am happier with people a few years either side of my age as long as theya re young in there minds hearts bodies and thinking.

my age is set at 47 for the reason as its the absoloute limit of what i think in all my wisdom of being online is a fair compromise for me. and i do think 33 is probably too young but thats just me giving a couple of years grace to my ideal both at the upper age and lower .. but god knows what my ideal is...

if i dont have an age i get soo many 20 ish year olds looking for that mrs robinson .. the whole o i want a woman not a girl with experience blah blah blah line..

So if you agree with me why the question.?

xmmm
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 734
Posted: 3/10/2008 1:22:06 AM
The reason for the question is you said an older guy gives you the creeps(or something along that line).

My understanding of an older guy/woman was someone your own age and above.

So, I was curious what you class as an older guy.....but it sounds like you mean 50 and above....So I guess we're talking about over 50's.

I dated a younger women about 5 months ago. We went out a few times and I wondered why a quite attractive 30 year old woman would want to date a 44 year old guy. She seemed to have no problem with it but I did unfortunatley. We got on well but I was thinking what it would be like in 10 years time when she's 40 and I'm 54....too much difference for me.

We older guys can sympathise with the Mrs Robinson syndrome....I'm so tired of typing "no thanks" to all those young 20 year olds looking for "Mr Robinson".....Nah, I'm full of sh1t......lol......

And 3m, I wasn't questioning your honesty in your statement, just wondering what you(and other women) class as "older". I know the likes of Hilly think it's anyone over 25....lol
 hilly1971
Msg: 735
Posted: 3/10/2008 2:57:05 AM
My name is Hilly AKA 1800 and I "know" a 50 year old. God there goes all my street cred!!

It sooo time this thread died......of old age!
 ClumsyOaf
Msg: 736
Posted: 3/10/2008 3:01:40 AM
and so here's to you Mrs Robinson.......the Starfish thinks that this thread should just go.....oh oh oh....

If you keep posting it wont go away!
 Naamah
Msg: 737
Posted: 3/10/2008 3:07:08 AM
Hilly if you are going to continually confess stuff I will have no blackmail material left to hold over you. Can you stop it now. Beside that guy you are referring to is damn hot and you know it. There is always an exception to every rule..(apart from 'be nice to your Mum' and 'only buy free range eggs')....and he is that exception to the 'no old guys' rule.
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 738
Posted: 3/10/2008 3:16:37 AM
Hilly, I think they mean it in a different way......There's a difference between knowing someone, and just having sex with them.......oh, I just realised....Sorry mate.....yeah, there's your street cred shot to pieces.....actually, it's really in tatters now....again, my condolences on the loss of your reputation......LOL......Not that it was so great initially...
 qwerky
Msg: 739
Posted: 3/12/2008 12:42:50 AM
How can a bloke be considered old if his dreams are still wet and his f@rts are still dry?
 christina Flack
Msg: 740
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2008 10:40:42 PM
There great.I am 54 and i had a lovely guy 72.He spoilt me rotton...i mean it it too.
He wined and dined me...made beautiful love to me ... Now hes gone.Tell me if you can find a young male that thinks like a man these days.I dont want just sex.It has to mean more.We got on like a house on fire.No WAY!! My mother never knew about the man...It was her family friend. He loved me so then its a thumbs up from me. It was the nice things in life too.
 robojocks
Msg: 741
Posted: 5/30/2008 9:11:15 AM
i think you can limit who can message you. I think you secretly like old men. I was reading this article and it goes that younger women and older men match up quiet nicely because younger women burn cash like a camel drinks water.
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 742
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 4:43:10 AM
maybe people try to talk to people there own age and see if they can find someone and if it doesnt happen for them they will try other age groups. i think it also depends on what the person is after, if they are after just friends then they only need people that have similar interests and age doesnt come into it all though i have noticed quite a few women like toy boys so maybe they should create a few more options on what your after like " sugardaddy" or "toyboy" on top of the other categories like "dating". that should sort it out!
 Goddess of dreams
Msg: 743
Posted: 5/31/2008 4:57:32 AM
i had a lovely guy 72.He spoilt me rotton...i mean it it too.
He wined and dined me...made beautiful love to me ... Now hes gone.

Oh my god... I wonder what happened to the poor old 72 year old man
 Aussie_Chic_01
Msg: 744
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 5:16:49 AM
Just proves what I've been saying all along...... Nobody reads profiles!!

I have had someone 17 years older than me on this site get his nose out of joint when I didn't respond to his messages. I checked, it does not say I am looking for someone 17 years older on my profile!!

On another site a guy who was 52 (I was 29) put a post up in the forums calling me superficial and shallow because I wouldn't talk to him. The guy emailed me 10 times a day, apart from the fact he was so much older he SCARED me!!

Did I mention he was American?? So I was going to move to the States for a stalker my fathers age?? Dream on!!

It would be kinda nice if people would stop looking at your profile as a guide and take it for what it is... What you are seeking!!
 crayonzz
Msg: 745
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:06:05 PM
But then again if a woman mentions the word Job in the same sentence as head,hand or blow, old men definately become hopeful.
====================================
On the contary! If the woman mentions the word "job" the men touch thier pocket to make surre the wallet's still there.
 Naamah
Msg: 746
Posted: 12/8/2009 4:54:53 AM
Finding younger women just won't put out for you? Outraged at how picky they are? Offended that the silly fools can't see how you, and you alone, defy your own chronological age...and that they are too dumb to see how very young you see yourself as being? Here's the answer...

German playboy pensioner Rolf Eden (77) tried to sue 19-year-old Katharina Weiss in 2007 after she refused to sleep with him. His problem? Ageism. Eden claimed the teenager told him he was too old for her when the two arrived back in his place after a night out on the tiles.

Jeez Katharina Weiss...how shallow are you!!

Hilly1971
Msg: 747
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:14:39 AM
Old blokes have half arsed stiffies.....is that hopeful or hopeless??
 Prakticle
Msg: 748
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:19:19 AM
^^^^^^^

are you asking if the glass is half full or half empty???

dimeadozen
Msg: 749
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:27:30 AM

Eden claimed the teenager told him he was too old for her when the two arrived back in his place after a night out on the tiles.
She obviously didn't think he was too old to spend the evening in his company (spending his money?)

Did you see the report on Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, 62, arrested recently for assaulting his girlfriend (20) in the street in Surrey, England. The most shocking part of the news report was seeing the gorgeous young girl with the really wrinkly old guy. Nothing against wrinkles, hell, I've got a few, but it just didn't look right.
 Naamah
Msg: 750
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:45:13 AM

She obviously didn't think he was too old to spend the evening in his company

Maybe she felt she could learn something from him? (And I mean regarding business, or the ways of the world) Maybe he is a nice guy and fun to be friends with? Maybe she went out with him out of pity? Or yes, maybe it was exciting to experience the lifestyle of the rich for one night on the tiles...doesn't mean she wanted to experience it on the mattress. I can't see why any of that comes with a sexual obligation.

Surely we have moved past the concept of thinking a woman has to shag anyone they go out with, regardless of who offers to pay? And really...if she was all about his money...wouldn't she be more likely to try to nab the man, or at least sleep with him until she scored some baubles? Nope, she doesn't sound like a gold-digger to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > old men.......hopeful or hopeless!! :-)