Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 realzaphon
Msg: 12
Dating older men????Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Age is just a number.

Maturity is an individual asset irregardless of age. Myself... I just want her to be able to keep up to me intimately and intellectually. To not have a have a wonderful mind to explore with such wonderful beauty would grow old fast. Unfortunately though I find many women who are younger tend to be less committed. The excitement just starts to begin during that short relationship. In some cases you've only just begun to open the prize

Last year I had an incredible looking 23 year old telling me she was falling in love with me after three weeks and I'll admit it was very hard not to jump at the chance of being involved with her. She had a wonderful mind too and because of that she found it hard socializing with others her own age. I made it clear that if I became involved with her as she wanted I needed more commitment then simply "What happens.. Happens" Unfortunately it was either a relationship or nothing for her so I had to choose nothing. I wish I could have kept a friend though...Who knows, things may have been different when she was out of college and if that would have been the case I would have gone for it.
 Havsomfun2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 4/30/2005 2:47:25 PM
Hi Fallsgirl:
I agree with you 100%
 Sasss
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 5/29/2005 11:07:42 PM
There again, ticky, it depends on your reasons for dating an older man. It might be that you were dating them for the wrong reasons. If it's for love and respect, and not for "the finer things in life", then a relationship with an age difference, is no different than any other successful relationship. And, in stating this, I mean no disrespect to you, ticky. I was just going by what you said up there. Actually, the age difference you mentioned in your relationships, wasn't that wide. I've always contended that anything under 18-20 years age difference, is not that abnormal, as it is still within "one" generation. Over that difference, it's another generation......although, I don't want to try to sound like a saint, because I've dated women who were half my age.
 Paisley2
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 7/16/2005 7:52:15 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I dated an older man I'd be dating a cadaver! hahahahahaha!!!!
 xander
Msg: 22
Dating older men????
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:18:59 AM
13 years between my girlfriend and I. Feels more like 13 days most times.
 Moisha
Msg: 26
Dating older men????
Posted: 7/18/2005 4:24:23 PM
Paisly that would be one lucky cadaver..

Ticky.....someone hit the nail on the head...if a woman is with an older man because she's a gold digger then I doubt it would work, you reap what you sew...now if it was a relationship based on love and respect, why not!!!!
 richiehale
Msg: 34
Dating older men????
Posted: 7/20/2005 9:36:13 AM
it sound like you have run into some off the wall type of guys, I just have to say that not all guys are like that, you can actually find a happy medium
 vivienne3
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/17/2005 2:09:24 PM
On no - caught in a maelsrtom of a forum!
 vivienne3
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/17/2005 2:10:46 PM
5. Older men are fossils.

I love this line! I remember when anyone over 30 was old, then 40, 50. It's a sliding scale. I think that people are most comfortable with those who have similar interests. Some people are simply "old" because life has weighed them down. A guy with a good track record for honour, responsibility, generosity and humour should rise to the top, no matter the age.

The article quoted does not appear to be complete. There is no conclusion and leaves one feeling like a dangling participal. Oops, I know some grammatical forms - I must be an old person!
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 49
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/17/2005 3:10:53 PM
hahahaaaaaaa even the cute butt didn't do it that time sweetie.

OT.....I date guys, not ages. All are welcome to try, but not all will succeed. Standards are in place!
 arri
Msg: 53
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/17/2005 4:04:13 PM
^^^ you have to comb high schools to date younger
 DivineBovine
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/17/2005 4:56:09 PM

let all of us in on how you look so great!

sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen.

oh, and BIG, DARK sunglasses!

a co-worker thought i was close to her age [28] at my birthday this past summer!

Ruby Lips
Msg: 66
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/18/2005 10:58:42 PM
The secret to aging well is in the genes. Plus stay out of the sun and live well. Don't smoke, Don't drink. LOL! I even turned back the clock 10 years doing that one. People who knew me 26 years ago do not recognize me to-day. I personally usually date the younger guys. If they show maturity, I'm there.
 dkidd007
Msg: 69
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/19/2005 7:50:54 AM
hi how is everyone
bottom line who cares what people think
its all on how the two of you feel
as long as your not with someone your kids age
 Dakota44
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/19/2005 3:31:47 PM
I'd only be an older man if the woman was younger than me.....I can pass for 25...lol...ok...maybe 35....??...39..??...55..??..69..??...anyone???....lol

I dont care about age really.....older.....younger....its all good with me......I'm sure someone else must have mentioned this already.....its all how they click....chemistry...stuff like that..........right????....
 vivienne3
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Dating older men????/driftinglotus
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:48:15 PM

"I'm DIAPERMAN!! Do you find me sexy? Then grab tenaciously to my buttocks and away we go!"

Maybe you just aren't a Depends kind of guy?
 miss_allison
Msg: 82
Dating older men????
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:58:16 PM
i tend to prefer dating older men because they are usually more mature and settled in life

i find the majority of older guys already know what they like and go for it
 DivineBovine
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:57:04 PM

if you do it based on age, your bigotry is seen as perfectly logical and socially acceptable!

when it comes to older men and younger women, for centuries it wasn't a matter of "bigotry" or preference, but biology.

until well into the last century, life expectancy was short, people married young... and women frequently died while giving birth.

if the child survived, the man would often remarry with a haste that would tend to alarm us today, mainly because he needed someone to look after his children and home.

it would not be unusual to find a man in his 50s married to a 3rd, 4th or 5th wife in her 20s as his previous wives had died.

while there is no longer such a biological imperative for older man-younger woman relationships in this age, obviously, the social acceptance remains.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 12/31/2005 8:44:32 PM
i dated someone 16 years my senior for a couple of years.

then i almost married someone 16 years my junior.

angelp
Msg: 96
Dating older men????
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:53:43 PM
I have always dated men older than myself but it's a brand new year..maybe I need to try a younger man....

doinwidout
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 1/1/2006 3:00:45 AM
personally, i prefer women of maturity.....i've found that over 40 means they've lost their inhibitions and willing to experiment.....life WAS fun, but no where to go but up!
 rocker48
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:27:46 PM
i'm with louis, but their are lots of ladies on here that have an age block on their listing of one year older and five to ten years younger go figure. old rocker
 Dsuperc
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Dating older men????
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:05:51 AM
I am having an affair with a girl who is 25, we have a good thing going for over 1 year. I do not expect it to last too much longer, we both have to move on in life.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 124
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/3/2007 10:14:32 PM
Holly Crap ! Cough cough ! Who beat the dust off this old forum ???
Look I have dated women from 18 to 49 and so far i find all the ones over 40 are not looking for the man but more what he has . The younger ones love dating older men as they get treated more respectable then with dating younger guys their age. And yes 99 percent of my freinds are females under 38 yrs of age. And I personally will date any lady no matter if she is 5 or 20 years younger then me . As long as she wants me for me and I want her for her thats what counts . Oh yeah I so see alot of you on here deny you'd date someone younger but at the pof events I have been too and seen some of you meaning females & males it seems your all checking out the younger ones and any close or your ages you ignore! So bite me for being honest with what I see from all of you but thats what I see. And yes I don't see anything wrong with someone dating someone older or younger then themselves. And personally I find women younger then me seem to have more in common then women my age . My only preference is they gotta be attractive and want me for me !
 Firmbear8
Msg: 129
Dating older men????
Posted: 10/6/2007 8:37:35 PM
Hey I noticed now adays its not just men looking to date younger women !
But I do find younger women seem to connect better with older men then women close to the same age as the men!
And also I noticed lots of women seem to be only looking for the much younger guys ! I guess thats to get back at their male ex's kinda ! But then I am not one to tell others who to date or not to date. I figure date who ever you want to date and anyone who disapproves don't worry about it ! Their just jealous thats all.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >