Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prolibertate
Msg: 50
She brought her dog on the date?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
OP, I'd have to day it would depend on where the date was, and if it was after the first few dates or not. I'm not talking about the Paris Hilton type thing either; that's just stupid behavior. But if I had met someone previosuly and we decided for our one of our dates that we were going to go to the park or the lake, I just might think about bringing a puppy (when I finally get mine in a few months) just so that they could have the exercise and socialization...but I'd discuss it with the guy first and if he wasn't comfortable with it or wanted to go elsewhere afterwards and it wasn't convenient to drop the puppy off back home, then I don't have to do it...I can always take the dog on my own at another time...and hey, there just might be a single and interesting guy walking his dog then, too ;)
 erm1956
Msg: 52
She brought her dog on the date?
Posted: 5/21/2007 2:19:01 PM
When I was dating my eventual wife, I had a cat that would alway crap on her side of the bed when she slept over. Who says cats aren't excellent judges of character.
 roxy127
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/22/2007 9:34:08 AM
Well,i think its kinda cute....if a guy bought his dog along,id love it ! :)
 Rollinz
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 2:43:04 PM
some people prefer to bring a dog or somethig strainge as it gives you a subject to talk about.... a way to avoid those uncomfertable silences lol but when you go that far... did she actually have a bag for the dog?!? n it is catchiong on here in england but thank got i dont live in that area!
 jst_a_mskgn_grl
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:45:16 PM
I'm the biggest dog lover there is...but if a date brought their dog - they'd be in the dog-house!
 DAVE632
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 7:15:04 PM
I haven't read every post so I don't know if anybody's asked but ... are we talking DATE or first meeting?? BIG diff, no?

A first meeting would be great if the dogS were included. I trust my dog. Most people do. They are GREAT judges of character. I would be concerned if my very friendly dog was acting unfriendly, cautious or stand-offish with a person I had just met.

If she brought her dog that would be great because in 54 YEARS of meeting and luvin dogs there was a grand total of ONE dog I couldn't make friends with and didn't trust. The dog attacked a friend of mine, was put down and the poor beast was found to have a tangerine sized tumor on its brain. I've made friends with guard dogs, police dogs, personal body guard dogs, scared dogs - even junk yard dogs. Never a problem. If she trusts her dog's instincts then I have NO worries and it's nice to have her best buddy on MY side right outta the gate.

OK, there's some chemistry and you decide to see each other on a DATE and without consulting, the dog shows up too ... then that's a bit weird. Unless the "date" is a picnic or a walk down the beach ... If it's dinner and a movie or a few hours in a museum downtown ... well the date is blown because you're not going to leave a dog to cook in a car while you do the "date." If for some reason one of you can't leave the dog at home that needs to be explained beforehand and the "date" changes into something that includes the dog (or probably both then) being with you.

Now we need a thread on:

Do you let your dog sleep in bed with you? Does she? What happens if your date comes home and you end up in bed? Is the dog relegated to the floor? Do you make room for the dog? Do you invite your dog to have a lick or two too/ (sic) Just how much do you include your dog in whatever happens in your bed / bedroom?

I LUUUUV my dog but sorry ... unless you have BREASTS you are NOT sleeping with me in MY bed. Katie sleeps at the foot of the bed and if I have company I ask her to stay downstairs until we are finished (at least round 1). I do NOT need her (the dog, I mean) critiquing my style in the sack, thank you very much. Any woman who allows a dog into bed with us actually DURING sex ... well that's a deal breaker probably.

WOOF
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/12/2007 8:58:29 AM
Depends on the size of the dog and where your going... a greman shepard would not be too cool at the movies.... lol
 mj824
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:41:37 PM
I agree, dogs are great judges of character. So if that dog either snuggles up or puts it's head in your lap you know you're in like flint. The way to someone's heart is actually not through cooking, it's through her dog. So if that dog takes a liking, thank your lucky stars and make sure you bring lots of doggie bisquits next time. It'll score big points, especially if it's a cute little bull dog. (This one's for you Bullie.)
 oggers
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:07:53 PM
Never used a dog to get a date , I am pleased to say , and if anyone ever turned up with one of those minature rats-on - a- lead pooches in a handbag , I would be gone .. sorry , not my cup of tea

"proper dogs" OK ( if its an outdoor date ! ) are a different matter - I like dogs and regularly look after a lab and a setter for friends , but those minature ones ? forget it - I mean you cant pet it in case you break it !!!
 JustKelly70
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:16:12 PM
Some of my first meeting's involved walking the dog, that is if she had one too, Great way to meet and get to know one another. Meeting for coffee is ok , but doing something out of the norm I find is much better.
 bullielover62
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:48:53 PM

It'll score big points, especially if it's a cute little bull dog. (This one's for you Bullie.)

Luv ya mj!

I don't condone bringing your pooch on a date in a handbag, especially if he or she is a 75 lb. bulldog that farts and snorts more than your grandpa ever did....

But for a more casual date, as mentioned earlier, ie: a walk on the beach or the park, it might be a great idea.... see if the dog likes the guy, throw a frisbee around and see which one is better at catching it!.....or letting it go!

"Drop it"!! lol
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/12/2007 8:20:27 PM
Now that you know shes going to bring her dog , you need to stock up on milkbone.
 JDMETRO
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/12/2007 8:35:51 PM
You saw a dog show . . .
 DharmaF
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2007 12:01:14 AM
That's it! I'm taking my cat on my next date. She's really pretty but ornery as can be. Everyone says, "What a pretty kitty!" then she gives them one of her infamous dirty looks & they wince.

I'm sick of dog lovers getting all of the fun dates damn it. LOL
 oggers
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2007 12:13:33 AM

That's it! I'm taking my cat on my next date

I'm all for a girl bringing a little **** on a date

OK ... I'll get me coat ............
 val0214
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/21/2007 3:23:17 PM
OK,

Guilty! (blushing). I lived near a downtown neighborhood where you could bring your dog to the outdoor cafe. I was a little nervous about the date, it was a new adopted dog (6 year old Keishound) and just adorable and well behaved and my date knew about it already. So we met there and all was fine, we walked around with the dog, went back to the cafe for coffee and I tied his leash to the table so I could be hands free. I excused myself and went to the lady's room and forgot to give the dog the "Stay" command.

When I came back, my poor date was holding on to the leash, the dog was dragging the table and chairs into other tables and chairs trying to get into the building and my date had that "H-E-L-P M-E" look on his face. Poor Guy! I kept appologising and never took my dog on a date again.

I was embarrassed, but it was sooooo funny! I'm still RLMAO as I'm typing having a flashback!

The dog is now 16 (ten years later) , the date never made it to the second date. And the cafe stopped accepting pets due to changes in laws. (nothing to do with my incident)
 Spirittroll
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/21/2007 4:09:11 PM
Pets don't belong on a first date. She could be nuts, we know Paris has issues.
 misticspear
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/21/2007 4:16:42 PM
Taker her to a restaurant and you can get a doggie bag hahahah oh im band
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/21/2007 6:48:34 PM

Umm it wouldnt be a "seeing eye dog" would it ?

Im sure my male freinds would get a kick out of that date !
 rsx11s
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/22/2007 12:29:10 AM

next time i have a date, i'm bringing my maine coon cat.

Me too. And the Bengal. They can snack on those damn purse rats. I hear they're a great source of protein.
 crystalise
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/22/2007 3:28:29 AM
Love dogs. Wish you could take them everywhere.

If it was lunch, breakfast coffee day date, park thang yeh bring the pooch

Classy quiet romantic dinner, maybe not.

Just for the record though I dont think any poor pooch belongs in a handbag...give it its own carry bag sure but the handbag?? poor thing might get jabbed by a nailfile. Wrong, wrong wrong...
 susieq2007
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/22/2007 8:44:25 AM
I think that is stupid. I have a friend who carries a little Yorkie in a purse. She is 40.

I think it is ridiculous.

There ain't NO purse for MY kind of DOG!

That is utterly RIDICULOUS.

And stupid.

My opinion!
 sddude
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/25/2007 2:06:26 PM
yup a girl I dated has brought her dog on a date , I ended up cleaning puke as the dog overate and poop too , not a good idea .

I have 7 dogs , I will not bring them on dates
 darlyngirl
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2008 11:54:07 AM
On my first date with my current bf we went out for supper and after we were looking for something to do in my small town and I asked if he wanted to go with me to walk my dog. He is also a dog lover (we have 3 at our place now) and said sure. No purse, no big surprise- but yes my dog did go on part of our date :)
 southernstyle64
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2008 2:51:59 PM
Well...I have met guys just because of my dog. But then again...I met them at dog shows while I was there showing my dog. So he was a big part of the "date".
First date I had with one guy, he insisted on meeting my dogs before we went out to dinner.Then he told me after I met his dogs ( about date #4) that if his dogs had not liked me, we would not have continued dating. Funny thing about his dogs....they still liked me even after we got a divorce.
But even so....I don't take dogs on a first date unless it truly is a dog related outing.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >