Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > My date with the Drag queen.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 15
view profile
History
My date with the Drag queen. Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've had some strange dates, but that is AWESOME! (But then, I'm a David Bowie fan, so I have no problems whatsoever with guys in drag....)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 16
My date with the Drag queen.
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:20:26 AM
I call bs on this.
I don't believe it happened.
and if it did...why the need to post it 3 years later...other than to have
a laugh at the expense of someone else.
If this person was as bad as you say...then obviously they had no hope of
deceiving you. Maybe they were just a lost soul looking for some kindness...and you gave
it to them...and that is to your credit.
What isn't to your credit is to bring it here so it can become a source of ridicule.
But to each their own.
 tdh46
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:27:33 AM
In answer to the question why bring it up now? I keep reading these thread people keep posting about really bad dates, and they amuse me because i really don't see them as all that bad.

finally after reading yet another one yesterday about a bad date, i told my story with the hopes of having people see that they really don't have it so bad. If you go back and read some of my threads you will see that it's a story i told before, maybe just the readers digest version, but i have told it here on pof. If not this time but when i was here last years sometime.

I would never post anything as a source of redicule.....There is always a meaning to all my threads...You just have to look deep enough to see them. Always a lesson to be learned. With the exceptions of my earlier post here on pof.

Browneyedboo before you call bs on anything i write go look here.

Thread titles "bad first meetings" look for the post by aj7676. Now i wonder just how stupid you people now feel after calling me a lier.

Edit "because you told the story more than once it must be true?" my apology browneyesboo, i keep forgetting the mentality of the person i am trying to reason with.

browneyesboo
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:47:18 AM
That was hilarious...because you told the story more than once it is the truth?
ack.
I think bush suffers from the same problem.
 floridaman4u
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:55:07 AM
lol leave duh ...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 12:06:29 PM
Couldn't have handled it better myself.
Great story to tell the grandkids, though.
 tdh46
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/21/2007 3:45:29 PM
If my suffering can bring you jow WD, then i guess i have not suffered in vain.
 tdh46
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/21/2007 9:58:46 PM
You guys keeping making fun of my pain, that's not nice.
 tdh46
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:36:17 AM
Oh i dunno tdh. maybe you should loosen up a little. learn from the experience. stretch those boundaries! you'd look very sweet in a little red dress".

There is that english humor that i know and love, But u are incorrect luv. I would look very bad in a red dress, thank god.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/22/2007 7:15:44 AM
ouch! I think Ive been dissed!
I didn't say it wasn't a good story..it was quite hilarious....kudos!
I just said I didn't believe it happened...that doesn't mean Im lacking in
mentality...it just means I can recognize a great story teller when I see one!

RadioMark
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2007 8:57:36 AM
Wow, and I thought I'd had some bad online dating experiences.

I think you handled it very well. Personally, I would've left far sooner, explaining honestly that I expected a woman and it was very dishonest on he/she's part.
 moniquesc
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/21/2007 12:15:45 PM
I would have shook this person's hand and said "Hi, I'm so and so....I know we had planned to have coffee, but unfortunately I'm not very comfortable with this situation; I hope you understand. Take care."

Exit stage left.........
 tdh46
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:03:35 AM
The guy obviously had some real issues, I saw no point to coming down too hard on him. If i am going to come down hard on someone i want to make sure they are mentally strong enough to handle it. This person was very fragile emotionally, what was there to be gained by ragging on him?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/25/2009 12:36:00 PM
Yeah we need 4 more pages of this garbage.
It wasn't funny or interesting the first time.
 want to travel
Msg: 29
view profile
History
The worst date ever in the history of dating.
Posted: 4/12/2010 1:03:12 PM
now you are one good man, you dealt with the situation, with class and dignity
, i agree you should be given a medal, all the best, and good luck
 m14shooter
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2010 3:22:07 PM
If someone pulled that one on me they would have woke up a few hours later wondering where they were and why all the doctors were standing over them. Seriously a month with this game. If I am not meeting them within a week I am on to the next one. Now I say no photo no meet period since everyone sees my photo on here. You should have left at the I'm Sherry point.
 want to travel
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2010 1:08:46 AM
me i would have simply said, i am not interested, i have to go now,and that s it!
it is perfectly reasonable to think this guy has really serious mental health issues, shame on all of you that would turn to violence, has no one told you that beating someone up, with issues, or is wearing a dress is just wrong, how about beating someone up that is your size
 Nerdhead26
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/13/2010 1:43:28 AM

My msn buddy the drag queen.

Should i have handled it differently?

how would you have handled the same situation?

I've would of reacted differently...
The first words out of my mouth would be "Ok ok nice to meet you...ummm i don't mean to be so harsh buddy but right off the bat we're definitely not a match. and you don't fool me. i REALLY got to go." and i would of got up and left.
but if he was a creepy psycho serial killer he would of pulled out his gun out of his purse and shot me.... i guess you're lucky.
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/14/2010 6:16:00 PM
Haha! You should have complimented her on the shoes. There are plenty of trans/vestites/ gendered/ sexual on this site too! A few that you may have seen regularly. They have decent pics, but not the extra x chromosome.
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/25/2011 2:24:46 AM
Well, we may as well "drag" another one of his threads out of the closet.
Sorta fun to examine the bizarre history.
Seriously, TDH...a well-told story, or are you really living this interesting of a life?
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/25/2011 6:48:14 AM
You know after reading this thread, its actually funny, hey at least the OP has a sense of humour.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2011 6:57:38 AM
That new woman of yours can't keep you very busy, OP, you're warming up all of your old threads.

But, yeah, great sense of humor our TDH.
 MsMicki
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2011 8:19:02 AM
That new woman of yours can't keep you very busy, OP, you're warming up all of your old threads.

But, yeah, great sense of humor our TDH.

keeps me entertained!
 HawkingJr
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2011 11:12:23 AM
Don't be a drag, just be a queen.

Sorry, if not me, then it was going to be somebody else! (Wouldn't be surprised if Miss Gaga is what indirectly inspired the thread to be bumped up.)
 ChemistreewithU
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/26/2011 9:00:13 AM
I know exactly how you feel...lol, as I had the same thing happen to me. Again, there was never a picture posted and I too was given the superficial attitude. We chatted for about a week and decided to meet at a Second Cup coffee shop in Toronto, I was to look for a strawberry blond woman in a dress who was about 3 inches taller then me. When I entered the cafe, there he/she was , I knew right away I was in trouble as the adams apple gave it away aling with the 5 oclock shadow, was I horrified, to say the least, and just like your date, s/he wore pumps and her dress looked as though it was made from antique flowered curtains, I tried to pretend that it wasn't me but I had described myself right on down to what I was wearing and my license plate, I nodded, walked to the counter, ordered a coffee, walked up, did't sit down and just very quietly said, sorry, my gate doesn't swing that way.....jokingly, that took 3 years of therapy to forget and fyi, I think her/his makeup was put on with a paint roller.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > My date with the Drag queen.