Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DallasSBF
Msg: 455
The one thing you miss most when you are single Page 3 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I miss sex. I mean going in the bedroom knowing what is going to happen and looking forward to how good it really is sex. Knowing before he takes his clothes off how sexy his body is. Knowing he how good he smells and taste. I miss fimilar sex.
 Babe0304
Msg: 468
view profile
History
The one thing you miss most when you are single
Posted: 12/19/2007 8:19:01 PM
SEX.... each and every day Lol
 ItsMargo
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:27:34 AM

Hey, margo! I found another thing. I miss the olden days when LOL did NOT exist.

Nah, not buying what you're dishing. You only pretend to be a sourpuss. (insert appropriate text speak here)
Bet you truly DO laugh out loud reading the fora.

hmm... or is it you miss those days of laughing out loud about some assinine thing with someone special?
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 476
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 2:51:33 AM
i can't possibly just narrow it down to just one singular thing; there are too many fascinating variables...

when single, i miss
my one true best friend, my ally, my confidant and my lover all in one person
listening, talking and the quiet time with the one special someone to me
that one that i treasure completely, infinitely, no matter how frustrating we might be to one another sometimes, it is those times that are the real glue and challenge to being so right together, when everything just falls into a beautiful natural rhythm of life itself
sharing shopping, cleaning and cooking together, the trading off of chores the other despises that the other doesn't mind doing can make even mundane chores seem fun
while giving both a feeling of accomplishment and knowledge of a clean home
coffee, meals, sunrises/sunsets/moon/stars, bathing/showering lathering, lounging and sleeping in together sometimes
sharing those lil secrets, knowing looks and little quiet jokes no one else understands
quiet times spent doing our own thing in near vicinity of each other when words aren't needed because closeness is present
road trips, hiking, exploring, finding something beautiful in nature or sharing something together manmade, as in visual or verbal modes...movies, music, art, etc.
cozy comfortable snuggling and knowing i can give or ask for a hug or kiss at any time
whispers, those deepest soulful kisses that make toes curl and gasping for breath, turning us on fire inside to give each other that gift of endorphins 'n so much more
learning, sharing, growing together and being better because of day to day having the other in our lives
having my hand taken without words, out of the blue just walking together
eye contact, the special bond of being intimate and letting go completely
being in nature and sharing those beautiful awe inspiring times with my man
creativity and the inspiration it yields when shared
sincerely encouraging one another and knowing it's appreciated, wanted and sometimes needed by and for both
feeling protected as well as that natural instinctual feeling of caring for another, wholly
knowing in heart the other will stand beside us through anything to endure as much as we are proud to stand beside them; in both good times and bad, happy or sad...

dedication, sharing and loyalty that actually strengthens a couple rather than constrains them; two people can balance one another and give amazing insight to and for one another when they are healthy about keeping their individuality intact and those individualities are realized, respected, nurtured and encouraged so each may fully reach for their own potentials which thereby increases their reward and appreciation as a couple, in my estimation anyway...
 oggers
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 3:49:51 AM
Someone to do the washing up ... you should SEE the pile of dishes in my sink !!!

Man , I am going to have to find someone soon - I mean, I'm having to buy new crockery now ............ !!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 3:43:37 AM
The stuff you see in Romantic movies.
Dating, dining together, going away for a weekend somewhere.
Swimming together, shopping for each other's Christmas gift, and on and on.
Watching a movie such as "The Wedding Date" is very romantic, but the
first time I saw it, I went home and got into bed and broke out in tears.
There's more to a relationship than just sex! There's Love!!!
 naeco
Msg: 498
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:00:13 PM

Someone to do the washing up ... you should SEE the pile of dishes in my sink !!!

You too? Lucky we aren't roommates. You wouldn't be able to get into the kitchen.
 loverforlifealways
Msg: 506
Posted: 1/20/2008 6:07:49 AM
Soft, wet kisses and the human touch..so underrated..and skin, have you ever REALLY felt it? smooth, warm, soft . I miss sharing laughs, a chest to lie on and a shoulder to cry on. What I miss the most is being held...sigh
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 513
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 6:29:31 PM
Kissing and hugging (besides "friend hugs"). Oh, and cuddling on the couch.
 kanyonatic
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2008 9:42:08 AM
i miss sharing things like watching a programme and turning to find just the cat there!or needing a hug and noone there. but what i miss most is the company not necessarily doing things together but just being there together
 magnusfl
Msg: 521
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2008 5:45:26 PM
Snuggling in bed and holding some one close to you as pillows are a cold second also some to to talk with about anything at night
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 522
Posted: 3/3/2008 6:43:15 PM
The palm of his hand gently caressing my cheek. There are other things I miss from time to time, but for me time stops in that one brief moment and oh how I do miss those moments.
 hilltop70
Msg: 526
Posted: 3/7/2008 2:46:06 PM
companionship
 pathwalker49
Msg: 536
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:48:09 PM
Sharing life together, but mostly getting what women call the warm fuzzies watching her and seeing her "little quirks" that make her different than anyone I ever knew before.
 rno791
Msg: 539
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 3:00:36 PM
I miss having someone to come home to. If my train is late, I miss not having someone to call to tell them I will be late home.

Its those simple little things that make your life easier to cope with - that's what we all miss

xxx
 fullofire
Msg: 542
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 6:15:14 PM
i found out today that the thing i miss most being single happened as such...i had to pick up my dead cat off the pavement and bury her and ive never felt so alone...wished i had someone there to help me or give me a hug
 Mirage111
Msg: 544
Posted: 3/14/2008 6:57:11 PM
quality time together
 StarreGazer
Msg: 550
Posted: 3/15/2008 11:48:14 AM

Msg: 15 -- Kissing, hugging and cuddling. Someone to love and who loves me. This is what I need. And I miss it terribly. If only I could shut off all emotions and not have this bother me.

My sentiments exactly. I truly wish I could SHUT OFF that feeling. My life would be SO MUCH SIMPLER.
 Friendseeker2
Msg: 557
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:32:53 PM
There are several things...and I cant give just one...So, here are my top 2.

MY BEST FRIEND.....and CUDDLING, be it watching TV,driving down the road, listening to a waterfall, or in Bed.
 KayeT
Msg: 567
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 7:22:21 PM
The companionship, having someone to share life, and looking forward to someone coming home.
 jackster121
Msg: 574
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 6:31:00 AM
To me if it has to be one thing, I would say the whole package. Companion, confidant, friend, lover, etc.
 platypus_man
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 2:36:48 PM
I miss the affection; sex is something you can satisfy on your own, at least temporarily; but you can't give yourself a hug. Most people don't realize how important it is, until it's gone for a while. I call it, 'affection withdraweral', experienced as a yearning for something, an emptiness, that is only subdued by the embrace of another person.
 Dann27
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 6:04:29 PM
the things i miss the most is talking to some one about all the small things and having someone to lie next to in bed
 Marmite baby
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:20:29 PM
A best friend, physical contact
 Lynsteph74
Msg: 623
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:13:00 PM
Just one???? well, great sex, duh! It is much better with someone you are in a serious relationship with, I have found.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >