Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Control freak or Perfect mate? calling all men & women..Help!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Winter Sparkle
Msg: 22
Control freak or Perfect mate? calling all men & women..Help!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I would say FREAK!

I had someone do that to me. Let's just say he's not right in the head ok? :)
 hollyberry1615
Msg: 23
Control freak or Perfect mate? calling all men & women..Help!
Posted: 7/28/2007 11:47:40 AM
Oh I have fallen for that one before. I undedrstand the second guessing thing if you think someone is into you but I think that someone should undderstand that this is the internet and as a women you should really get to know them before you start planning the marriage. I have had a few act like they own you after the first date and a few phone calls as well. Thats a big red flag.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/28/2007 12:00:52 PM
No you were not wrong to leave your profile up here. The all or nothing attitude before I've even met the person is not my cup of tea. How a person can expect that from another is beyond me, to each their own I suppose.

I'm a free spirit though, it's a good thing that my boyfriend (whom I did meet on here), is very supportive. He knows my profile is still up but that I am not seeking anybody else. He knows I am here for the forums as I have made that clear to him. We met in November but did not commit until May. If he were to tell me anytime in the time frame we were dating but not committed, that I had to remove my profile or "suffer the consequences", I most likely would have moved on. I soooo don't do ultimatims.

It does sound a little to me like your friend has issues with jealousy, control, and possiveness. You might want to thank your lucky stars that it is over before it even got started. Some women can deal with that attitude and actually handle it very well because they are on the same page as the other person. I'm just not one of them. It just might be in your best interest to find somebody who is on the same page as you and not wanting to rush things.

Good luck.
:))
Witchy
 gtadaizee
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/28/2007 5:51:58 PM
Looks like the consensus is 100%+. Red Flag, Red Flag, that's how abuse starts. first the gentle control, then the control, then the isolation, then the tantrums. It is an escalation factor and I hope you DO NOT EVER meet him! He's dangerous and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a game player to get females to delete BEFORE he meets them. I wonder how many he actually meets.
 justlookin42
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/3/2007 7:55:39 PM
CONTROL FREAK........RUN!!!!!!!!
 Naughtical
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:27:47 PM
Everyone agrees.......he's a freak, crazy, out of line, over the top.

OP: Did you REALLY think he might have been a perfect mate? Did you REALLY need other people to tell you it was all wrong?
If so.......maybe you shouldn't be on a dating site to begin with.
Hopefully someone will always be around to advise you on relationships, whether it's in "real" life or on a dating site. Good luck.
 Wiyan
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/28/2009 11:09:25 PM
You think this one's got a handle on reality? Sounds like his romantic fantasy is interfering with your serenity. Hmmmn-Tough one???
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/29/2009 1:59:28 AM
3 days? hahaha! No way!

Seriously, he is going a bit too fast. The point of dating is to date!

RED FLAG ALERT.
 calypsoct
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 6:24:52 PM
You hadn't even met yet????? Are you kidding??

Imagine if you actually had a date - you wouldn't be able to leave the house and if you did you'd have to wear a radio collar.

Count your blessings you avoided a big problem.
 roseyn
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/14/2009 8:23:55 PM
Definite control freak. They have a way of sucking you in if you don't run immediately. And do not give him a second chance
 mysteriosa
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 8:31:55 PM
I don't know about control freak, but he sounds very insecure which resulted in him attempting to control you. He went too far. You've done nothing wrong. I wouldn't remove a profile until I'd met someone a few times and we both decided we wanted to see where it went. Even then, I'd probably stay on for the forums and just amend the profile. If he's already trying to tell you what to do, how do you think this would be in the long run? Not much fun at all, I'd guess.
 P20147
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:48:27 PM
Um F that! Run and never look back. He has some insecurities to deal with.
 venndiagram
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/15/2010 6:44:53 PM
Definite control freak. They have a way of sucking you in if you don't run immediately. And do not give him a second chance

I went through something like this recently. And its true, they can suck you in- I'm a very out-spoken, independent woman, and I fell for it during a time I was emotionally vulnerable. The first sign was him not wanting me to see, talk to , or chat with any other men, even though we had never met and were only talking. At this point he already "knew" that he was in love with me.

Of course it ended badly- fortunately I wasn't controllable enough for him, lol.

Now I can see that if you let the first few things go by, it gets harder and harder to get out.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/15/2010 7:02:41 PM
Sadly there are many highly insecure men in the world!

Be glad that he showed his cards so soon!
 Far_Horizon
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/15/2010 8:06:18 PM
Good grief...the games people play.

You delete your account when you are ready to delete your account. After all, you're a grown, self-sufficient adult aren't you ??

Or are you looking for a man that makes you do what he wants and causes you to question your better judgement? If so - seems you have found him and you can go ahead and delete your account
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Control freak or Perfect mate? calling all men & women..Help!