Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > More Dates If You Have a Job or Don't Have One?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 iamtheone39
Msg: 13
More Dates If You Have a Job or Don't Have One?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Good line,it works for Howard Stern!
 Champuli Nam Pakanli
Msg: 14
More Dates If You Have a Job or Don't Have One?
Posted: 5/23/2007 8:23:43 PM
I definitely would prefer a guy who is an active member of society. His income level is not as important as being able to contribute to the bigger picture. Being married to someone who could not keep a steady job ate at me constantly, since I was solely responsible for paying all bills, etc.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/24/2007 6:08:40 AM
I really believe that some women on the dating sites are...I have met some that travel every weekend to various parts of the US meeting new guys every weekend. I just can't understand the reasoning behind how someone who isnt wrking can have so many more dates that someone who is. Women keep saying that they want a guy that wrks,but yet I couldn't date most of them unless I was unemployed...and the thing is,they don't care about me being employed,just "available". Hopefully I am wrong,but my experience in the dating world has proved otherwise esp. with the older ladies...they don't need my income,just my time.
 val0214
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/24/2007 8:33:32 AM
10 ways to mix dating with work

1 Date before going to work
2. Date at work
3. Date on way to work (i.e. carpool)
4. Lunch date
5. Date when you were supposed to make a delivery
6. Business travel date
7. Date on way home
8. Dinner Date
9. Go to sports bar and multi-task during the game and call it a date
10. Overnight date

P.S. Don't call me, I'll call you...
 iamtheone39
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/24/2007 8:19:19 PM
I have no respect for any man that doesn't wrk and lets a woman support him,but there are plenty of women like that out there. I would rather be poor,on the streets and supporting myself that letting a woman take care of me...My ex has never paid rent her entire life...must be nice. I know I have so much more freedom that anyone who mooches off of someone. The ole saying,"your a slave from whom you borrow" rings true.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/25/2007 7:49:15 PM
I do understand what you are saying friend,but really...most MATURE women are that materialistic and like a guy for more than his money. Now for the younger ones...yeah,they are mostly high maintenance. I think as women get older they care less and less of how much money a guy has. I know if you give any woman alot of attention,as long as you take care of yourself and have your own car and place to live your in. I will now let the ladies answer that one...
 giggleparts
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/25/2007 8:27:16 PM
Generally speaking, the more you work the less time you have for yourself, conversely, the less you work the more time you have for yourself. However, you generally don't have much in the way of money, so your options are still limited. So, the best course of action is to live your life in a way that promotes some kind of positive growth. That generally means making money to some degree or another, so that you can survive another day in the jungle baby...

You know, a lot of women will overlook your earning potential for other qualities. But, that isn't an across the board kind of thing, it's a case-by-case sort of thing.

Come on... both men and women want your time... that's the one thing that matters most. Why do you think we have to exchange it for a paycheck? Your time, is your life.

If all a woman wants is your money, than she needs to go bye-bye.

the giggleparts - My tummy hurts...
 casperella
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/2/2007 9:19:40 PM
Iam....if you dont have a job ...or money...In a womans eyes you are a LOOZER...loser...looser...lucipher..oops....Dang...am I being too honest??
 iamtheone39
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/10/2007 9:01:38 AM
iam employed...but is that helping my dating potentials?...NOPE. Most women might say that they look for a guy that works,but alot of women want the guy to be there for them as much as possible. I am just stating facts,not opinions or anything to argue about. I work as much as 100 hrs. sometimes in two weeks,but my dating life is zilch. I am trying to just figure out why I was so blessed with dates when I didn't have any money,but all the time in the world to spend with them. I personally won't date a woman if she doesn't work because I just have enough to support me and my kids that I have every other week. Women on the other hand LOVE dating guys that don't have a job,but tons of time to spend with them. It seem ludicrous,but very true.
 giggleparts
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/10/2007 10:22:55 AM
Why are you working up to 100 hours a week? You work for comcast... that seems like a lot of hours for a call center person (unless they are instituting mandatory overtime, which I have always found to be ethically questionable).

Obviously, if you work that much you aren't going to be available for much of anything and unless you're already in a relationship, it would be much more difficult to get into one while working that kind of schedule.

I don't think most women love to date guys without a job... sometimes that just happens. Life isn't cut and dry and neither are the people who live it, so to say that simply shows you are frustrated (which is understandable). You have to love the person, not their earning potential. Eventually, if a person is without a job long enough, the relationship is usually strained... unless there is a valid reason for not being employed.

I work with few women and of the ones I work with they are either in relationships or I'm just not interested. Plus, I don't work with customers, I work in the dungeon for the most part. So, that coupled with my inability to approach women in general makes jack a very dull boy.

the giggleparts - Victory is mine! ..... Within 7 to 10 working days.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 7:27:35 PM
Sounds to me like the women you are meeting are pathetic, needy and clingy. Find a women who has a life of her own and she won't want you to be available to her 24/7.

I mean come on... anyone who demands someone spend time with them all the time... to the point where they don't care if their significant other is employeed needs serious mental/emotional help.
 His Eminence
Msg: 25
view profile
History
{More Dates If You Have a Job or Don't Have One?}
Posted: 6/11/2007 7:43:47 PM

Where do these INANE, EMPTY HEADED, questions come from??

Couldn't there be a contest for the most idiotic question in these forums?
 JustKelly70
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 7:51:06 PM
I guess I have the best of both worlds, I get paid for a 40 hr week, Work from more and do My own shedualling. Some days I have nothing to do. Alot of the women I meet work nights, weekends, and shift work. Hard dating around a schedual like that. But with some of my free time during the day it works out sometime. I don't think being unemployed would be appealing to anyone.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 7:54:17 PM
I was not foolish enough to even think about trying to date someone when i was unemployed last year. I was thinking about where my next meal was coming from. Or how i would ever be able to pay a doctor if i got sick. Or buy my much needed medicine after my insurance ran out. Or put gas into my car so i could go out on another job interview. I guess this is all part of being an adult. My social life hit rock bottom, but i did not. And i was ok with that. I made it thru, and got a very good job now.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/11/2007 8:29:39 PM
confidentlyhumble...just wondering who you were talking about...didnt see any women above or below you?
giggleparts...I said I worked 100hrs in 2 WEEKS,not one. I would be a fool to try and stay on the phone with cable problems for 100hrs in one week,and if I did,I wouldn't have had the physical or mental ability after that to date anyone. I don't think that this topic is stupid. I started this thread because it is very true in my personal life. Maybe some men HAVE to make lots of money to get the chics,but I have gotten more gf when I was unemployed. I am not going to say it was a good thing,but that is was a true thing. It is just hard dating when you have to get up and go to work the next day.
Older more mature women just want your time,not your money. I mean most older women can take care of themselves so why would they need a man's income?
practicallyhousebroken...It is actually in this order:
1)Me
2)Kids
3)Her
 casperella
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/12/2007 1:54:34 PM
<-------shoe whore...hehe thats funny How can you be a shoe whore? Sex for shoes? OK
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:21:46 PM
More dates does not mean QUALITY dates... so if quanity is all that matters, then I'd say you should not work.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/12/2007 6:50:20 PM
Hmmm...not a bad occupation if you ask me,if I could I would,but I can't so I won't...
 giggleparts
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/13/2007 8:03:14 AM
Hell, I wouldn't date me now and I'm employed. Man, I wouldn't even sit next to me in a public well lit place. If I had to choose whether to date me or a homeless beggar who smelled of urine and Yoo-hoo, I would choose the smelly homeless guy... mostly because I find the smell combination to be intriguing.

the giggleparts - If I make a mistake, it's only because I want to fool you into believing I'm fallible. This is in an attempt to make you believe you have a chance at beating me, when you really don't and never will. I do this because it's part of the Demi-God code... or was it the Konami code? No, that was the 30 extra lives code in the original Contra for the NES... Remember the spread gun? That was kickass.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 33
Types of jobs and non jobs and
Posted: 6/13/2007 7:36:25 PM
Women are funny creatures...they won't admit dating the homeless guy,but will do the cable guy or the plumber while your at work!
Once I was wrking 2 jobs and had a live in gf who did the apt. maintenance guy while I was at work...so again,"better to work at making money or work at catching the guy who is doing your honey"...a poet,but I didnt know it!
 giggleparts
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/13/2007 10:46:28 PM
Dude, you know what?

I don't go around blaming pointless shit for my lack of any love interests.

I place the blame squarely where it belongs, on myself.

The potent combination of my fatty mcfattersonlike physique and the rampant smell of failure do me in. It's sort of like how free tickets to a Celine Dion concert shrivels a man's testicles.

Maybe if my personality was super kickass I could make up for my lack of any other redeeming qualities, but it's not, so I can't. I'm screwed, like the no named red shirt's in the original Star Trek...

Women are funny creatures...they won't admit dating the homeless guy,but will do the cable guy or the plumber while your at work!
Once I was wrking 2 jobs and had a live in gf who did the apt. maintenance guy while I was at work...so again,"better to work at making money or work at catching the guy who is doing your honey"...a poet,but I didn't know it!

Wow.... that is one stone cold b*tch. Let's all collectively pray she gets the herpes, 'cause it's fun and shit. Hurray for that particular woman getting herpes! Huzzah for VD!

the giggleparts - Oh look, an 8 foot flower that has teeth on a world we know nothing about. I'm totally going over there to check that crazy shit out.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/14/2007 8:01:12 PM
Hey giggleparts...I know some really fine women at my workplace that are really into "Star Trek" &"Star Wars" shit...I am envious of your knowledge of the show...the finest chics like the nerdiest shows!
 giggleparts
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/15/2007 1:46:17 PM
Why are you envious? Do you see me with a 'fine chick'? No... you don't.

I'm envious of you having hot nerdish women to work with... that's light years ahead of me.

the giggleparts - Money; if you make it working or investing, they slap you on the back, if you make it at home with a consumer level printer, they slap you in cuffs and introduce you to a world of painful buttsex... So, what's the moral of this story? Ah... I... um.... buttsex?
 Westlin
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2007 8:01:35 AM
OP--I agree that at times it seems to be the case that a job interferes with your dating possibilities. I have had men who got very very upset that I wasn't available just any time because I worked. Maybe its the age bracket, but since I work 5 days a week, have weekends off and even can do an occasional evening during the week (maybe not stay out all night but to a reasonable hour)--it would seem my working wouldn't be a problem, but evidently it is. Of course, the same men who want me available ALL the time aren't willing to pay my bills so that I don't have to work--who knows?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > More Dates If You Have a Job or Don't Have One?