Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 countryboy_49337
Msg: 86
Giving UpPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
i hear ya no luck my self if i was rich i feel that some would at least get to know me i am a good person every time i ask any one if thay would like to talk i get no responce or sorry not enterested but its there lose not mine not here just looking for sex or one nite stands but i feel like giveing up my self but i wich you good luck as i need that also
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 87
Giving Up
Posted: 7/11/2007 1:35:21 PM

You are a bit older, which means men are not as interested in sex anymore. Just be fun and treat him like a man. Act like a little girl and if your guy is smart, he will know you can do those things, but like him to show off his muscles. and compliments do wonders.

What the hell does this mean?

If you are not "older," how do YOU know whether a man or woman is "not as interested in sex anymore"? I've dated them young and I've dated them old, it really depends on the individual.

"Act like a little girl"???? Gag me with a spoon. In which century are you stuck? How does a WOMAN act like a little girl and why should she? Should she wear pigtails and short little skirt accentuated with black patent leather mary-jane shoes? If she acts like one, doesn't that verge on pedophilia???

Women should be women and men should be men.
 markinbxl
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Giving Up
Posted: 7/11/2007 1:35:27 PM

am in the same boat as you ! I'm physically and emotionally worn out ! I met someone last night from this site....thought it went great, we even kissed in the parking lot. I'm betting money that we will never see each other again !

I'm tired of meeting someone, going through the hassle of getting ready, driving to the designated place, eating/drinking, talking, laughing.....and it's all a waste of time !

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong......

Well, it's simple. Sometimes there's chemistry. Sometimes, there's not.

If a man doesn't get back, then he's not interested. Or, if he's interested but doesn't want to look desperate or needy, he may take a few days before getting in touch with you again.

In any case, move on and don't lose hope. You profile looks interesting, and if we weren't half a world away, I'd like to meet you.

So I guess your problem is not really a dearth of suitors....

Mark
 * Succinct *
Msg: 95
Giving Up
Posted: 7/17/2007 10:13:03 PM
I say give up, I have...
 bamablonde758
Msg: 113
Giving Up
Posted: 8/26/2007 3:39:19 PM
I'm with you girl. I have been surfing the net looking for a mate for 2 years also. Maybe that's the magically number before you decide, that daily rejection just isn't for you. I am an intelligent, humorous female who can hold a conversation. I've even tried the not so good looking guys with the same lack of response. I'm not sure where all these guys go, but apparently into a big black hole somewhere! I hope they're all having a good time together. In the meantime, I'm gonna just take a little "me" time, and maybe once my self esteem is back up - try again!

Keep your chin up! It's not you - it's them.
 LordofArachnids
Msg: 119
Giving Up
Posted: 9/2/2007 5:11:23 AM
sounds like you give up pretty easily, dating was never meant to be easy, at any age, it takes patience, we all have to weed through a lof of bad ones or ones that are not a good fit before we get to right one
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >