Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 casperella
Msg: 99
Call me when you want to get laid!!Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I'm wondering why you'd be on a dating sight if you dont have time to date?
 fakeone
Msg: 101
Call me when you want to get laid!!
Posted: 5/28/2007 1:18:36 PM
OP, if the guy looked like a movie star with billion $, would you not see him in 2 weeks? Just be honest with yourself, you were not interested enough to make time for him.
 Wanda49
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/28/2007 4:15:40 PM
Isn't that what all guys are only looking for in a woman? The rest of the interest is only to get you to meet them.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/28/2007 4:24:49 PM

pull your profile and wait until she is older and has moved out of the house before you start dating.

ESE: the man of my dreams. I couldn't agree more. That is exactly what I did. I dated for a year, then realized that (***sigh***) my son was my life. There wasn't enough time for my responsibilities and all that goes along with raising a child. It didn't kill me to wait until he was over 17 to delve into a personal life of my own. Like it or not, there is nothing more irritating that connecting with someone (on any level) only to be shot down because "my child(ren) are my life." Big red-flag in a profile, even bigger in the real world. JMO
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2007 10:32:30 PM
Wow, what an experience! You were perfectly right OP in blocking this guy and being done with him as soon as he showed his true colors. I can't get over the apologists for this guy, suggested that he might have only been "joking". Are you fracking kidding me!? She went out with this guy once, although she had several conversations with him on the phone and online I assume. What could possibly make people think that they knew each other well enough that is would be appropriate to say something like that, even for a joke. Obviously this guy was frustrated and acting like a spoiled child who couldn't have something immediately that he wanted. The irony is, it sounds like he lost a chance to get to know a wonderful woman, if he had only shown some patience and acted like an adult.

We've all been there, when we felt like we were getting blown off by people that were "busy" all the time. Its happened to me on this site. But when the person takes the time to explain the circumstances, and goes to great lengths to assure you she is still in fact interested, and legitimately swamped temporarily, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. It goes something like, "Hey, I understand completely...give me a call when things calm down a bit." If she doesn't call, she was blowing you off. Either way, you still acted like a reasonable human being, and kept your dignity, instead of acting like a spoiled child.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2007 6:46:55 AM
OP, I find it very, very funny. What if you had been keen, and he said he was "busy"?

This man sounds as if he is not used to being openly communicative, and tactful about what he wants to say. He may have been frustrated, and not clear about what he wanted to say. But he needed to say something, so you wouldn't think he was a pushover. This was the best he could come up with on short notice.

Why could you not have invited him over for coffee, or quick sandwich and a chat, for half-an-hour. You didn't even need to leave the house. You could have picked a time. He could meet you at a local cafe. You look great, and you could meet him in slacks, like one of your photos and still look great, so you don't need much time to get ready, only to tell him you don't have the time to make a big effort. There are numerous options that don't take a lot of time.

I tend to find that most people get annoyed if they want to make plans with you, and you are non-committal about them.
1) So I will make arrangements that I can make, even if they are a lot far off, so I am reassuring them that I want to see them, just now is not a good time.
2) If I cannot be sure if I may need to cancel them, then I tell the other person it is a "tentative" arrangement, and will confirm nearer the time, so they understand that my plans may be subject to change.
3) I ALWAYS set a date, time and place, so that they know they do not have to worry about the date till then. It actually puts their mind at ease, and mine.
4) The same goes for confirming a date, and for phone calls they will wait in for. I fix a date, time and place.

Then, if someone is still hooing and hahing all over the place, I know that they don't really want to see me at all, and are "just being polite." So I thank them for their consideration, tell them we'll meet at a later date, and get on with my life. If they want to see me, they will re-initiate contact. I'm bound to bump into them at some point, so it's probably the truth to say that we will meet. As they were "just being polite", so am I.

If they ring back, and are still unprepared to make a committed date, then they refuse to be polite, so I tell them I don't like to talk to people who don't want to see me, and if they want to, they could invite me for coffee, for half-an-hour. They don't even need to leave the house. If they want, it could be 8am or 11:30pm. But if they can't be asked to do that, they should contact me, when they can be a little bit more open and straight-forward. I can play games. They're called Monopoly, Risk, or Canasta. But I won't bet the farm, and I won't bet my heart, or my time. They are too precious.
 Del Monty !
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/6/2007 5:13:56 PM
My buddy was once turned down for a date because the lady placed washing her windows above going out with him on the totem pole of importance ! He said that made him feel lower than a snail ! Actually,it sounds like she doesn't have room in her busy, hectic lifestyle for any guy. Most men have been programmed to "read between the lines and read the handwriting on the wall".... if a lady puts him off continually. Actions speak louder than words. Did the lady make a counter offer to show real intererst ? Did she ask if she could see him even if only for a few minutes maybe at lunch or after work ? Lots of men would take the 5 minutes offer as opposed to nothing at all...and it buys her some valuable time in the long run. Did she even ask if he would be avaiable to help her with any of these consuming tasks.... just to get to spend simple time together ? Heck...men will go to Wal-Mart to buy toilet tissue paper as long as it's a chance to be with a lady! Men are not complicated,and we will watch paint dry as long as it is with a member of the opposite sex ! At least this would suggest a sincere interest. No..he probably should not have said anything harsh to her. That was excessive,but I do understand why he got frustrated and said it. Men are so used to being put off by insincere excuses,that for her to do this continuously without any counter suggestion of getting together sends a subtle mental message to a guy. The message he hears in his head is : "If she can't find the time for even 5 minutes with me to do ANYTHING at all, then she is not really interested. She doesn't care about me or spending any time at all together. I really don't care what I say since her actions and words indicate that doesn't really have any true,sincere interest anyway. So...what have I lost? " What she says, and what he hears are two very different things,but the rudeness from him was uncalled for. He should have just moved on and never called her again. The next move would have been hers to make. Unfortuantely,a loss for both parties involved,and it did not have to come to this. The sad and ugly parting could have been avoided with a more little patience from him, and a little more imagination from her.
 Del Monty !
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/6/2007 5:33:14 PM
Bravo Tysta ! Listen up ladies.....now here's a lady that "gets it". Even an offer to have a late night piece of pie sends a valuable amplified message ! Bravo !! That's a million dollar piece of pie ! We men will humbly eat a simple late night piece of pie with a lady because it is a a sign of interest and sincerity on her part. It's not the darn pie....it's the company that comes with it.... even for just a few minutes !! BRAVO AGAIN !!! Will you mary me Tysta ? LOL !!
 JDMETRO
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/30/2007 6:36:46 PM
OP -- I don't think the guy is the problem. You are the problem.

You are like a lot of women who somehow talk themselves into believing that they are ready to date - actually MAKE time for a man.

Your statements show that you clearly have NO time for a man. So - why fool yourself?

And - especially - Why are wasting the time of men you meet?

Joe
 Calisparkle
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2007 11:48:54 PM
"Call me when you want to get laid!!"

I would appreciate that honesty! I would be offended, and i would have no respect for you as a person, but i definitely would appreciate the honesty. The truth is always good to know. NEXT!
 JDMETRO
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/29/2007 6:45:38 AM
He just sent you that tacky message because you AGAIN for the 10th. time (it would seem to him) turned him down. He was upset - a bit angry for being turned down again and was just sounding off.

Joe
 JDMETRO
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/29/2007 12:28:14 PM
When a woman puts a man at such a low priority all the while sending of signals that they really aren't - then a guy gets at bit miffed and he can in a flash of frustration say something inappropriate. In short his feelings were hurt (and for good reason) and he lashed out - nothing horrible - just an insult.

Lesson to be learned by OP - don't put the man you are dating at some level of priority below your nail appointment.

Joe
 LaAcesa
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:24:46 PM
Good Lord!!! The woman had a hectic schedule for two weeks....TWO WEEKS!!! Not two months, two years....just two weeks. Are all of you going to tell me you have never, EVER, had a short period of time where there were suddenly too many things to do in too little time? Have none of you never, EVER, taken a vacation or made plans or gotten involved in anything because someone MIGHT suddenly come into your life and you needed to keep a slot of time open for them in case they did. Are you really going to put the rest of the people in your life on hold because someone you went out with once needs your attention and can't get along without it for two weeks? Give her a break! Is he that impatient, needy, and immature that he couldn't wait TWO WEEKS for another date? Be for real! It isn't like she blew him off and didn't explain her schedule to him. If he is that insecure and demanding of your time now, when he barely knows you, how do you suppose he would act if you actually became a couple?

I think his response was uncalled for, rude, and extremely childish. If you are looking for a gentleman with class and understanding...he is NOT the one for you. Let him go throw his temper tantrum elsewhere. You don't need a grownup "child" to take care of too. Especially one you barely even know.
 lifesshort03
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2007 7:21:53 AM
OP, got into this late, so have not been able to read all the responses, so this might be redundant.

Have been in simular situations with ladies who always seem to be busy. Everytime you call, they can't go out for some reason. Personally, I walk away. They just don't have the time to date. However, if your really interested in this guy, and you have put him off repeatedly, why don't you call and let him know that he's been a great guy for hanging in there with ya despite your busy schedule and offer to buy the first drink on the next date, and set a date you know you will be free. It lets him know that you are interested, and appreciate his being patient. Otherwise, I take all this as being blown off, I got better things to do (as opposed to more important things, like your daughter.) As for his comment, most of what guys say, you can take at face value. There really are no hidden meanings when a guy says something.
 Calisparkle
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2007 11:57:51 PM
Hack,
do you ask a woman out for that same night or do you make plans to get together at least a few days later? I don't care for it when a guy calls and asks me out for that night. I will always say no. Makes it look like i'm not even important enough to schedule a date in his calendar. Just seems disrespectful to me, and that maybe his plans fell through at the last moment and suddenly he's bored and needs something to do.

Of course, all that doesn't apply with a bf or someone you know well.
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/20/2007 3:32:08 PM
How long the busy streak lasts decides it. Anyone can get too busy for a week, or two. Beyond that it is not busy, it is avoidance. I know people who have two jobs, and kids, and several hobbies, and social clubs...and they make time for the relationships they really want.
 SueCat51
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 6:54:22 PM
For crying out loud, if some Moron told me that, I hope to hell it's when I have possession of his land line or his cell phone. I'd have a ball with his tone. I'd just ring some number in China or someplace overseas and let it sit on hold for a couple of hours. Yeah, let's see if he wants anyone to call him then
 troutsky
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/7/2008 7:07:32 PM
okay SEXYPRINCESS.......I'll be brave and be the one to ask.
so why is it that you post a great looking picture with skin showing and 'tease' us with that great looking body? and YES I know you might think thats a sexists question, but thats tough. dont you think that if you look so damn good like your picture, that it sort of automatically puts thoughts into those "pigs" that you are talking about?
I dont mean to be mean or sexist or any of that, but I have come across this before. on another site, this gal posted a knockout picture with cleavage down to here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and said all kinds of sexy things in her profile and then got upset when I made a silly joke about it all.
WHAT DO WOMEN WANT???????????????
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 7:57:34 PM

Does that approach EVER really work with anyone but prostitutes? Actually, when I was driving a taxi, I got to meet the best and the worst of humanity, and I don't think that works with a lot of prostitutes, either.
 ElmerFudd2
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 7:21:03 AM
Another response might have been, "You're the guy I call when I want dinner. I call much younger guys when I want to get laid."

Actually, he might have just been frustrated by being denied the opportunity to be included in your life. Every now and then it's the woman who has a premature accusation.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >