Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > That illusive feeling of satisfaction      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoyfulJerod
Msg: 26
That illusive feeling of satisfactionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
One of the biggest problems everyone has, not just in relationships, but in all of life is founded in one simple, very cliche, expression... "I'll believe it when I see it."

Does a blind man have to see grass to know there is something soft and tactile beneath his feet in the park? Do you suddenly stop being able to breath because you can't see air? Does a mother stop loving her child because they're on the other side of the world?

Changing two words in one cliche can change your entire perspective...

"I'll see it when I believe it."

I believe that my child will have a better future because of changes happening today. I believe that there is someone for everyone and that the love we share with them is limitless. I believe that I am a good person, and because I believe it, others see it in me, and so I see it in myself.

I believe everywhere I look I see love, and therefore I see love everywhere. Not in a Polyanna fashion, but in the reality in which we live. Don't buy it? Walk outside and look around your neighborhood... How many mothers do you see? How many fathers? How many couples? How about firemen and policemen?

I believe the satisfaction you speak of is based upon the love in your own heart. When you see the love in your own heart, you will start to see love in others, and they will see it in you. Then it's just a matter of deciding how strong your belief is. Once you're sure you believe in the love in yourself so strongly that you can't help but smile at anything, having someone else see it is certain.

Put two people together who see love because they believe it is there, then you'll be satisfied.
 funnygirl9380
Msg: 27
That illusive feeling of satisfaction
Posted: 5/31/2007 9:56:37 PM
Shouldn't we be satisfied with ourselves first and everything else will follow?
 JoyfulJerod
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/1/2007 4:54:31 AM
That is true... We're out own worst critic... and best friend.
 PerfectlyBroken
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/1/2007 10:57:36 PM

Until I can love myself, I cannot love someone else.

I have heard that but also believe "Until I can love myself how can I expect anyone to love me."

I am learning to love myself it takes time. After so long not loving or believing in yourself. For you to finally be able to change is hard. Until I can fully understand , trust in myself and love me for who I am then I won't be fully satisfied with who I am Inside or Out.

About relationships, my Grandfather always told me "A relationship is like a 24 an hour day job. You get up and work on it, you go to bed and work on it. If you expect it to flurish and grow."
 funnygirl9380
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/2/2007 7:04:08 PM
It hard to really love yourself. I honestly hate alot of things about myself but also really am happy about the majority of things. Hey, I'm breathing.

Of course, we can always be richer and thinner and cuter and more understanding and blah, blah, blah... it not reality. No one is perfect and I personally don't think I can be satisfied with someone who thinks the are perfect. That is boring.
 bobcat4u
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/3/2007 3:04:32 PM
Satisfaction, like everything else of this world is transient. The illusive factor, seems to be, in my mind, a lack of focus on the insatiable-going a bit spiritual here-so hang on or skip on. If we sincerely want a good relationship, then we must have an insatiable desire to make it grow, and when that feeling of satisfaction eludes us, realize that it is our soul helping us to perceive what our minds cannot, and that is if we are to be truely satisfied we must focus not on self, but something greater. The search is everlasting, and if we can accept and refocus on the search outside ourselves as, in fact perpetual, then we will always perceive satisfaction. You see, satisfaction is no more to be owned than the air we breathe. Sigh....
 DesertFox3
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2007 12:09:21 PM
I'm sorry to burst anyones bubble but the reason it's elusive is because you really don't want it to happen!

As said in other postings, your relationships are give & take, but seems many refuse to give an inch here. Perhaps It's what keeps you going, gives you a goal to achieve?
 JoyfulJerod
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/4/2007 2:00:02 PM
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll:

"... a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding.[1] They may also plant images and data on networks that others may find disturbing (usually indirectly relating to the individual in person) in order to cause confrontation. While not necessarily related to hacking, such a practice is against the Computer Misuse Act 1990 in the United Kingdom, where mischief is caused in order to ensure chaos is spread."

The More You Know..... *shooting star*
 jackie1954
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/4/2007 2:04:48 PM
Jerod- I have NO idea what you might be referring to with your "troll" post... but, that troll is mostly ignored anyway. Probably missed the arrow embedded in your message!
 JoyfulJerod
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/4/2007 2:09:24 PM
Wow... My arrow is rarely missed. ;)
 Neysha61
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2007 6:26:35 AM
Your arrow maybe rarely, the point here completely.
I'm confused.
Again.
DAMNIT!
 jackie1954
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/6/2007 6:41:46 AM
It's ok, Neysha... we all have days like that!!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 10:37:19 AM
Clique Clique Boom!
 Neysha61
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 5:18:38 AM
^ That's a tag line to a song.
I do know that.
So there.
And stuff.
 FKA ~dsl4340~
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/24/2007 11:47:14 AM

It may have been for only short clips of time in which I felt somewhat satisfied before that nagging frustration returned.

total satisfaction is what we are looking for. a little taste of it from time to time tends to give us a nasty flavor in our tastebuds. but when we find that special type of satisfaction we will devour it and enjoy.
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/11/2009 7:42:44 PM
In light of the things we've been discussing recently in the Ohio forums, I thought I would bring this thread back to life and see what we might have learned since it was first started.

If we take the term "satisfaction" and replace it with the word, "chemistry," maybe that is what is involved with satisfaction. Perhaps we are seeking chemistry.

Can we be truly satisfied in a relationship where there is no chemistry, no matter how good it might be in other areas? How is the chemistry element going to continue past that in-love experience when those initial feelings start to wane which they normally do? What do you think chemistry feels like after it has mellowed into the long-term experience and how much does this affect satisfaction?
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > That illusive feeling of satisfaction