Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JeepHammer
Msg: 39
view profile
History
so you viewed me and now what?????????Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I'm grazing the boards, someone posts an intelligent or funny post, I often look at the profile.
I see a picture that is so small or distorted I can't make anything out, I click over to the profile.
Sometimes I'm just bored and clicking on profiles to see what other people wrote.
Sometimes I do searches for local people, and click on the profiles to see who/where they are and what they might be looking for...

The reason I don't reply...
Not my type, I mean 'Wine Tasting' and 'Opera'...... Really....
Or clicking on a bio to find out the person is 25 years younger than you...
(Since I don't know anything about Brittany/Amber/Crystal/Heather or who ever the latest pop star is, and I've never been in an Old Navy, we won't have much in common...)

Some people go on and on like they are mad at the world.
Life is too short to be around unpleasant people.
(nothing like a woman that comes off with the disposition of a rabid pit bull when I'm looking for a friendly lab...)

Some people list 'Separated' or 'Married', which means 'Not Single Yet' and more to the point, not over the 'Ex' yet...

Some people list 'No Players'...
I didn't even know what a 'Player' was before I came here, and that's because one of the first people I messaged called me one... So I looked it up...

There is so much 'Singles Code' here that I don't understand...
Like why are so may people here talking about their 'Bed Partners' when they are on a singles site looking for long term relationships in the profiles?

The two that I met in person so far were not 'Acceptable'...
Not that they lied in the bio, but they sure didn't tell the truth!
One had 9 kids, no mention of kids... Another was still living with the 'Ex' and wanted me to help her with money so she could get her own apartment...

That's why I read the bio... And sometimes don't respond...
 codedout
Msg: 43
so you viewed me and now what?????????
Posted: 6/1/2007 10:47:10 AM
I participate in forums, if I find a post that catches my eye, I will look at the persons profile to see what that person is about. Doesnt matter if its male or female, it gives you a little more insight to the persons post.

Also that little bar comes up with pictures when you check your mail. Once in a while a persons smile or their eyes will catch my attention. If this is the case I will view their profile. If I like what I read I will send them a message. Most of the time I dont because if they have "must not be married" checked, then I respect their wishes and move on.
 JDMETRO
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/1/2007 6:29:39 PM
I have heard this for years - and maybe it is true. But supposedly men - upon seeing a woman can and will determine if this is a woman he would marry -- all done in 30 seconds.

And this was supposed to be research done - before the Internet.

I do believe that this is mostly true. It takes me but seconds in viewing a profile page/photo to determine whether I wish to continue further. I have a good power of observation when looking at the photos on a profile page -- if one looks closely and know what patterns reveal -- then finding a physically desirable woman is instinctive - built in.

Folks - if you chose a mate - then you are going to have to look at that person for a long time - possibly for the rest of your life. So -- you want as good as you can get. Personality, emotional state, intelligence and many other things are very important but for men (it is my opinion) looks come first.

Reasoning - there is a good looking woman with those inner qualities that many women insist are most important - so why go for second place. Are men supposed to choose a below average looking woman - just because she has inner qualities? Why not both?

I say things that others will not -- because I am not desperate for a woman - therefore I am honest - not politically correct in hopes of attracting a woman by using words that some want to hear.

Example of what to look for: If the woman has posted 6-8 facial close-ups at various angles -- then she is very much afraid of you seeing her in a full body shot. So -- click -click -- back to the gallery.

Joe
 Tigress
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/1/2007 8:54:57 PM
Reading the forum posts will make a lot of people view profiles, especially the ones that mention funny pictures or something ABOUT their profiles.

I think a lot of times, it's just curiousity. Sometimes the pictures aren't clear or are from a distance and the viewer is just looking for a better picture.

Before the picture police arrived on this site, and we could post a photo that did not show our whole face, I posted a photo of myself peeping out from behind a palm leaf, and the clicks on that picture were very high. Curiousity, I say!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2007 11:45:40 AM
"glamour shots is just a way to get the camera to lie." Gonna have to call you on your sweeping generalization. You obviously know nothing about glamor shots. I've seen them to where I didn't recognize the person without the makeup and seen some that were just very well done pictures. It's up to the individual what style of makeup and hair and clothing/accessories they choose. Not everyone wants to be so overly made up they're hardly recognizable. I had a glamor shot up for awhile and everyone recognized me immediately from that picture.
Shallow is the most overused and misused word here. Appearance certainly does play a part in attraction, but it's not the only or most important factor for many. If you're offended because someone doesn't like your pics, then you won't do well on this site or internet dating period.
 cedar77
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2007 12:11:44 PM
Whenever anyone views you , send them mail and say :
I know you viewed me and now you want me ....you want me so very very bad !! , don't try to fight it ....it's just the animal in you trying to get out.... just set the wild in you free !!
 Yma73
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2007 10:00:59 PM
I look at a lot of profiles, mainly because I'm fascinated by all types of people. Where they're from, things they like, if they are creative with their profile. Sometimes I'm just too shy to write them first when I do find them interesting. My Granmama always told me not to chase a man, to let them do the chasin'. That has always stuck with me. In a lot of ways, I'm an old fashioned southern belle at heart.
Quite a few profiles I've looked at have been really great ones, but we either have absolutely nothing in common, or a deal breaker or two involved..ie; no smokers, no fat chicks, no space aliens, no horns and pitchfork tails etc, etc...
 Weatherman_Bill
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2007 2:28:32 AM
The first thing I usually check is age and location. If they are out of my range, I hit the back button.
Usually something in their picture(s). They don't look like the same age as stated in their profile, overweight, etc.
Poor profile, didn't bother to list interests, or lists pointless interests like "good music." It makes me wonder if they have any interests.
Information in their profile tells me they are couch potatoes, have had problems with multiple relationships (this tells me they could be difficult to get along with).
They smoke, do drugs.
 camancheiaman1
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/3/2007 5:48:50 PM
U want an honest opinion? Okay, "I'd go for passion over anything else" is a turn off for me. Even if you don't want it right away, you make this a point to be noticed. With seeing this, I wouldn't bother with looking at your profile, sorry...Okay, I've viewed some here in the past and see an attraction I like, be it physical or what-ever. Then I go read the profile and might seethings like do's and don'ts. Some ofthat may stop me or I may keep reading. Another is when a woman says what she is looking for. All of that is her right of course, but maybe her "wants" is not either what I have or don't like. Also, the physical attraction would be accountable for me as it is for most here. I've seen some my age that are just breath taking and others that are a total stop in my tracks. I may read from there, and find even they are not what I want either. We all have different attractions and wants. If we find one that is a good fit, and we chat it may go somewhere. But that is a fate to be seen........lol
 giggleparts
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:26:32 PM
When you view someone it is a strictly enforceable contract that binds your souls together... You form a covenant that is unbreakable and you must commit to one another in some kind of serious way.

If you don't, your spirit is damned for all time to the pits of hell - or some reasonable facsimile - for the remainder of all eternity, where you shall spend your time getting to know a Daemon named Asstear and watching Facts of Life reruns... That much exposer to Tootie will cause an ever expanding cascade failure and all your base are belong to us.

Amen

the giggleparts - Gastrointestinal fortitude is something to be cherished.... and always abused... always.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/11/2007 12:49:07 PM
just because I view you doesn't mean I'm interested.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 1:00:22 PM
I don't like to give someone the wrong Idea so I have the viewed option turned off. If I'm interested I'll send a message. Even if they don't respond at least i gave it a shot. If they read my message...lol, I usually get a reply of some sort.
 Fanny
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/23/2007 7:36:21 PM

When you view someone it is a strictly enforceable contract that binds your souls together... You form a covenant that is unbreakable and you must commit to one another in some kind of serious way.

Snort! (Ok, that was just me laughing...)

I looked into a tree and saw a squirrel... now I'm pregnant with his furry little child...
 MartyII
Msg: 102
Posted: 6/24/2007 12:50:18 AM
Well look at my pic I dont care what people think .A pic might say a little but you should really get to know the person a little before saying screw it and go to the next one.
 Stephanos Primus
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:34:41 PM
Sorry if I'm repeating anything... I just didn't have the time or patience to wade through six pages. : )

I generally don't respond to women who have only "viewed me". If the picture attracts me, I'll look at the profile (which sometimes inconveniently generates a notice that I've viewed them). A lot of times I'm surprised by the picture in that profile, because when you see it enlarged they're not as attractive as they seemed in the small pic... or you discover you already know them (the tricky she-devils have thrown up a new pic that disguises them). If I'm still attracted at that point... which is rare, because you usually find they are fishing for something specific that's not you, like they want somebody tall, or black, or there's some reference to income (which turns me right off)... I'll send them a flower. If someone *really* captures my interest (which has only happened maybe seven or eight times since I've been a fish) I'll write to her... and then they usually don't write back with any interest. C'est la vie. Does that help?
 genegem
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/30/2007 9:09:46 PM
Totally agree with DD [msg 126] ... but I use this site mostly for browsing forums and occasionally posting. As for dating, 90% of ladies I've met thru dating sites didn't have a photo on their profile ... looks are pretty much irrelevant ... it doesn't matter what colour you paint an "empty vessel" it's still an empty vessel so I'm more interested in the spiritual/intellectual connection even if they do live on the other side of the globe.
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/30/2007 9:10:25 PM
Its the problem of emailing someone you did view and you get no responce of any kind , like we dont have anything in common or anything so people get tired of emailing and get nothing.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/4/2007 8:10:50 PM
All I'm doing when window shopping is seeing if anything interests me; doesn't mean I want to buy everything I see!
 zangie
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 8:16:57 PM
Mostly I view people from the forums to learn a little more about them, or to see if their profile fits their words. But, I can't always remember what I read about who, so I've repeatedly viewed some people..they probably think I'm stalking them?..lol..

Oh, and sometimes I will repeatedly view a guy, just because he's pleasing to look at? teehee
 BlueSkys,BrownEyes
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 9:44:09 PM
[Well, I can't speak for everyone here, but I know that I like to cruise through the profiles and check stuff out. It's what I do when I'm bored. Oh, the excitement. :P Heh heh heh. Sometimes it's just cool to check out the pictures and read what people say.]

Yes, I do that too, some profiles make me wish I lived in a area with a bigger variety of "fish" but then I would not be such a big fish in a little pond!
Where I live there aren't that many women close enough to see often. Weekends can be fun but if two people have family and a good carear or business it is hard for a long distance romance to grow into marriage.
Who will relocate? Some people are just out of school, or between jobs but most people have roots to hold them where they are.
I occasionally send a message to a woman who is out of state when it sounds like she would like to relocate and get a fresh start. If you are in northern New Mexico or out of state and I send a message to you consider it a huge compliment, that is how it is intended.
 happee2
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/5/2007 3:47:23 AM
Hey, I just checked out your profile, I thought the pixs were cute. haha
 RidingRich
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/5/2007 8:32:31 AM
Theres a lot of reasons why I'll look at a profile and never get around to messaging someone.

1 - I'm just looking. Its something we all do.
2 - Just wasn't there, it happens
3 - You don't have much on your profile to go on, so theres no interest to spark.

My personal stoppers, if I see the words 'real' or 'real man' i stop reading right there. Unfortunately, I've seen in my experience, when someone calls themselves 'real' or are looking for someone 'real' they have no idea what it is, and will rarely ever find it. Same thing with "real man". Just smacks of some deep seated bitterness, and in the end, I've seen it myself, they'll never find it, see it if its there, and if they do find it, they have no idea what to do with it. And thats not just with me, I've seen it from some of my friends, male and female.

Everyone has problems, its just a matter of figuring out what you can live with, what you can deal with, what you can't stand and what you should run screaming from.
 becca210
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/6/2007 1:08:32 AM
I always look at my "matches". I also look at people that post in the forum...mostly to see where they are from...sometimes their attitude is negative and I'm looking for a clue in their profile.
I read a profile to see if I have interest....and to see if the person could be interested in me.
If they are looking for a workout partner.......that's not me. Some men state that they prefer a certain body type....that's cool.

Depending on their wants, location, age range, etc. I may contact them. Sometimes I will just write to someone to comment on their clever profile; knowing that we are not a match.
A classy person will reply to a compliment.

I do not answer emails from people that say things like:
send me some pics to blah, blah
hi, I'm Jeff.
Those are actual mails I've received lately.....they do not deserve an answer.
When receiving mail, I want to have some idea of why I was contacted...my smile, my comments on a thread, my wit or lack thereof.....whatever it is...it is an opener.

I use the favorites as a book mark for people I find attractive and close enough in interests to contact later.
Overall, I prefer to be contacted....
Becca
 Stephanos Primus
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2007 1:53:47 PM
Like anything, there are a lot of possible reasons. I'll start by telling you that this has never happened to me. I'd be thrilled if someone on my favourite's list took the intiative to contact me, and let be even more specific... I would be totally flattered if I were one of the guys you had contacted. I'm pretty heavily into theatre, so let's frame it that way... this whole online dating thing is just like an audition, and we already know you that you only get one chance to make a first impression. When I don't get the part... especially when I know I'm perfect for it... I remind myself that (unless I was too nervous or something) it had nothing much to do with me. The person who's watching me has a vision of what she wants, or it might just be a "sense" or a "feel for", and the fact that I don't fit that is all about them. Besides, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship that I wasn't a good fit for, anyway... that's a recipe for disaster.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >