Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hozo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why Do EBay Buyers Think High Shipping ALWAYS = Rip-Off??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I personally scrutinise EBAY sellers based on over-inflated shipping charges. That shows me the true intention of the seller. I have even left feedback on sellers about overcharging shipping costs.

We are sorry that EBAY charges high fees for selling an item, but its not right to sneak the extra $$ thru shipping. Its misleading and shows a certain disrespect for buyers like me. I will continue shopping on EBAY until I find the item I need being sold by an honest & trustworthy seller. I ALWAYS eventually find it.

I refuse to deal with sneaky unscrupulous sellers who try to take advantage thru whatever means to maximise profit.
 Simlasa
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why Do EBay Buyers Think High Shipping ALWAYS = Rip-Off??
Posted: 6/3/2007 11:30:10 PM
Are there any auction sites that just charge a flat fee for posting stuff for sale?
As it is Ebay is a bit like a landlord who charges a store rent based on how much business it does... which is fine... but I wouldn't go for such a deal.
Ebay needs more competition in the online auction racket...

Still... I do see the attempts to charge high shipping to circumvent Ebay's charges as cheating... and I usually skip such auctions because it doesn't give me much trust in the seller.
 MallardHunter
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/4/2007 11:47:36 AM
I went to ebay to buy some flags, found a deal, and ordered 6...

The shipping charge was 5 dollars each...

They were all put in 1 envelope and the total postage was around 3 dollars...

I have ordered other stuff and the postage wasn't near what the shipping charge was...

I understand there are expenses for packing and such, but quit ripping people for shipping, but complaining about what your charges...
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/11/2008 9:33:46 PM
I was searching eBay threads because I posted on another tonight. I guess there are a few on here. Now they require you to accept payment through pay pal or your on credit card. Isn't this the same as ma bell?

eBay is also making fixed shipping for certain items. eBay is making sure sellers pay for everything and double dip on the fees and now it is triple dipping.

This economy is hurting everyone and I am wondering how many sellers eBay's new pocket picking changes are effecting.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/12/2008 7:47:38 PM
^^^^^The museum shows. Everyone wanders around and looks. Some times they have to pay to get in too. Some times people act like it is a flea market and barter with the price marked. Everyone seems to want something for nothing.

In Pennsylvania they have auction licensing laws. You can not auction items for anyone else on sites, you can only sell your own items. If you are not selling on something like eBay then you have to get a license or if you sell something for someone else you have to get a license. Tax collection is another thing. They want you to tax people outside of the state too. Pay your tax for buying the item and charge a tax to people outside of the state. I think Pennsylvania is still known as the police state.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 4:43:27 PM
If the shipping fees seem like a rip-off, they are.
I always check shipping charges before bidding. If it seems too high ($30 S&H for a $5 item that might cost $2 for postage? Get Real, people!!) I don't bid, and if it seems outrageous I report the seller for fee avoidance.
Been there done that. I just closed my eBay store, so save the hateful comments-
 cuillerier
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/6/2009 6:55:23 PM
I sell a fair bit on ebay. Lately, its mostly just listing, haha.

What i do, is add usually $2.00 to the total, to cover wrapping, envelope, postage, tape, etc.
If its something i just slip in a envelope i charge less, maybe only 50 cents.

I wanna be fair, because i get repeat customers, who know, or certainly enquire using the internet, what the shipping cost will approximately be.

Ive got complaints when shipping costs $11 USD at the post office, and ive billed $9.95 USD, to be competitive, lol.
I just wish rates personally were lower. Id like to buy more, and sell more. I think its the PO too, that makes the big money. They make the bucks on the shipping, i feel i make the pennies, LOL!

All the best friends!

Rob
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >