Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > when , after meeting someone on here , is the best time to delete you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 6
when , after meeting someone on here , is the best time to delete you'r profile on pof ?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
To delete-
Well -If you both like the forums I suggest you make one
profile for both of you- that way you both have access and
you both have trust on a dating site - lets face it -its a dating site
and if you dont want to come across problems - doing it together
I think this is the best - Not that you dont trust them - its just easier- you
are together anyway- no real need for seperate profiles.

If your not here doing the forums - its when you feel ready - maybe
state in your profile you are not dating - or meeting right now you want
to see what happens-
or when you give her the ring.
 Dane_X
Msg: 7
view profile
History
when , after meeting someone on here , is the best time to delete you'r profile on pof ?
Posted: 8/24/2007 5:29:47 PM
Simply meeting someone wouldn't be enuff to delete my profile. Modify as appropriate sure. The community in the Forums are fanastic. I would hope a SO to participate in them as well.
 $$hades$$
Msg: 8
view profile
History
when , after meeting someone on here , is the best time to delete you'r profile on pof ?
Posted: 8/31/2007 2:23:09 PM
thanx fer the advice every one great imput! (chevy_guy2121)
 curlygrl
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/1/2007 7:25:02 AM
We share a profile-
we hide it and we state we are only here for
the forums.
I don't think there is much left to do except delete
it and thats comming soon too.

curlygrl~
 $$hades$$
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 1:39:06 AM
totally still think if you are committed yer committed ! I like the hide idea though (hidden or shared profiles), take this situation for example: I meet a nice pretty girl on here chat with her for a week, things are awesome, shes a perfect match so i get her msn , chat some more and suddenly figure out shes not single at all! and it said that in her profile, now ppl! ............ I read profiles ....... just not in there entirety. and she assumed i knew, i just assumed she was because of the site wer on , after all it is a dating site and don't tend to read the status , so some quick suggestions and good ideas i seen , in a SHORT description of yourself mention it "im not single" a description box if short enough is usually read completely. A second suggestion is a main profile pic with you and your bf\so , (kissing would be even better lol) , but basically, don't go in there all low key on the not single , if you aren't , speak up, make it a point that we know your taken, I'm sure your bf would appreciate it too ,

ps. I still chat with that girl and wer good friends , I dont think its horrible you taken girls are on here but just unfortunate sometimes .
 4YOU2KISS!!!
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/24/2007 7:10:13 AM
OP.....that is a funny question,...It is time to delete your profile when you are seriously NO LONGER LOOKING ELSEWHERE,..as that will tell you the TRUTH as to how you are feeling towards your partner. And talk to them,....discuss how you feel about you both having your profiles removed or what ever works best for you. I have know some people who are happy together and still keep their profiles to participate in the forums but if that is the case they do state in their profiles that they are NOT LOOKING

,...however some people make it their mission in life to cause trouble for others so a word to the wise,....if you find a partner that you are into,...leave P.O.F....as it shows that you are sincere and you will not have to deal with anyone else causing you undue hardship!
 NatGoat
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/24/2007 10:09:44 AM
When I find the 'Right One' . .
She'll write my L A S T Profile update, here . .
Gratefully Laughing at all the others that had their chance . . and , for whatever {*} reason . . declined . . !!!
When we agree that POF isn't used[for whatever function] in our lives...
We'll Both Delete . . !!!
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2007 3:16:13 AM
Its a funny world, people want old fashioned values like men opening doors for women and it comes from not knowing what they are. Asked a room of 60 year old married women and they all agreed that you're a fool not to keep your options open until you have a real commitment (Aunts and Mom).

Of course, they also believe that you shouldn't be having sex before marriage...

But I digress...

If you say to someone you've met recently, "OK, we're in a committed relationship", are you saying, "I love you and want to be with you forever and commit myself to keeping that alive?" Or, are you saying, "Let's remain exclusive to each other romantically and see if this grows?" If its the latter, one can do that without cutting off all ties to the single life and without being open to new people should they come by. That's why its NOT being married. As others said, it involves trust that your primary intent is to see how this goes. That means primarily being with your partner. But it may mean also chatting with someone who comes across your path who makes you reconsider things.

Why would you want to pen yourself and the other person in to the point it is as if you're married when you have no real commitment along those lines? We need to recognize levels of deeper and deeper commitment. We also need to recognize that doing this involves a tremendous amount of investment on our part. A lot of the heart ache on here could be avoided if people recognized that a 2 week relationship does not deserve the degree of commitment you're putting into it.

This is especially true for guys because, for women, commitment is the milk, and why buy the cow...
 littlelired
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2007 6:06:16 AM
when there is an engagement ring on my finger??

i can have other contacts that i can explain that i am currently seeing someone so im not tooking actively for a new beau if i am so inclined... but until such a time why should i take myself fficially off the market becasue i have had 2-3 dates with someone?? I actually had this conversation that i was dating from POF and he seemed to think that i should change ever last profile i had on the web to not single...

Until such a time as i am remarried i am single...but that is just IMHO

red
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2007 7:09:16 AM
I think you've got the right idea red but I think I'd hide mine if I got engaged... that's really planning to be married and requies behaviour indicating such.
 $$hades$$
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:54:12 PM
wow i got more replys then i thought id get lol , i like sexyone84's answer plain and simple!

JWork25
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:49:48 AM
The day you both agree that you're in a monogamous relationship.
 shamrockguy
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/14/2008 3:08:52 PM
I wonder how many of the people on here are currently married, or, in a relationship and their love interest has no idea that this is going on anyway:)
 Kat0219
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 4:45:59 PM
You shouldn't have to if you don't want to.

You make to many friends on here to let them all go. Not to mention the parties are a blast.

As long as your not hiding anything, your fine.
 whoso
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:23:45 PM
I agree with Chevy Guy2121,

If 2 people meet and are dating on a regular basis, I think that they should delete their profiles. If the relationship don't work out, then, of course they can rejoin. I've noticed with many sites that some people seem to be addicted and although they say that they are in a relationship, they are still signing in and responding to persons that contact them. To me, they don't know what they want. Playing with someone's feelings is a very serious thing.
 simplecrazy
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:57:24 PM
2matchingsocks,i definitely agree with you.
 jackster121
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:09:09 PM
I would be reluctant to delete mine. I put a lot of work into it and to post a new one would be a real pain. You can however hide it so others can't see it. that would be my option until I was REAL sure it was the real thing.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:24:45 PM
I have to agree with some of the others...hide ur profile or state on it that ur taken if u become exclusive. If your not exclusive your "Dating" and no harm in seeing more than one person as long as your honest about it. After all if u are exclusive with someone why would u bother looking here anyway???????
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > when , after meeting someone on here , is the best time to delete you'r profile on pof ?