Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Desi1955
Msg: 135
Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into YouPage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

To be conned,duped,scammed or lied to requires a willing participant.
A person w/ integrity and good intentions (isn't what the road to hell is paved with?) may like to think that everybody is like them,but they know they are not.

A person with integrity gives others the benefit of the doubt. That means you get taken advantage of once in a while. You just have to learn to identify it and deal with it as soon as possible. I KNOW everyone isn't like me, but I give them the opportunity to show integrity....sometimes people actually DO show integrity, and that is refreshing.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 139
Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You
Posted: 12/27/2007 8:09:00 PM

If you're asking other people whether or not a guy's "into" you...he's probably not.

...Now that makes perfect sense. Follow your instincts, you pretty much know whether or not they are...its a matter of admitting it.

...maeflowers
 soft_touch_male
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:42:43 AM
FOLKS IF YOU NEED A BOOK TO TELL YOU IF SOMEONE IS NOT INTERSTED IN YOU SOMETHING IS VERY, VERY WRONG. GET REAL NOW FOLKS,,WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.
1. IF HE NEVER CALLS
2. IF HE NEVER SENDS YOU A CARD IN THE MAIL.
3. IF HE DOESN'T SEND YOU AN EMAIL.
4. IF HE DOESN'T LEAVE LOVE NOTES WHERE YOU WILL FIND THEM.
5. IF HE NEVER BRINGS YOU JUST A SINGLE ROSE.
6. IF HE DOESN'T MAKES PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND THAT INCLUDES YOU.
7. IF HE NEVER ASK YOU HOW WAS YOUR DAY.
8. IF ALL HE TALKS ABOUT IS HIMSELF.
9. IF HE NEVER GIVES YOU A COMPLIMENT ON HOW NICE YOU LOOK.
10. IF HE WOULD RATHER SPEND TIME WITH HIS FRIENDS.
AND LADIES,,ALL OF THESE THINGS CAN APPLY TO YOU TOO,,REMEMEBER MOST,,AND I SAY MOST OF THE TIME,,YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE,,AND IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING WHAT YOU GIVE,,MOVE ON,,AS THIS SITE SAYS
" THERE ARE PLENTY OF FISH".
 Desi1955
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:38:03 AM
1. IF HE NEVER CALLS
2. IF HE NEVER SENDS YOU A CARD IN THE MAIL.
3. IF HE DOESN'T SEND YOU AN EMAIL.
4. IF HE DOESN'T LEAVE LOVE NOTES WHERE YOU WILL FIND THEM.
5. IF HE NEVER BRINGS YOU JUST A SINGLE ROSE.
6. IF HE DOESN'T MAKES PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND THAT INCLUDES YOU.
7. IF HE NEVER ASK YOU HOW WAS YOUR DAY.
8. IF ALL HE TALKS ABOUT IS HIMSELF.
9. IF HE NEVER GIVES YOU A COMPLIMENT ON HOW NICE YOU LOOK.
10. IF HE WOULD RATHER SPEND TIME WITH HIS FRIENDS.

Players (who aren't into you except for sex) know all these rules, too. They can sweet talk, flatter, send love notes and roses and pretend they care....that's their MO. The trick is to figure out if he is sincere or just after sex...we often can't tell until he just disappears....then we figure out that he wasn't into us.
 crayonzz
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/22/2008 11:52:33 PM
From the book: "Oh sure, they say they’re busy. They say that they didn’t have even a moment in their insanely busy day to pick up the phone. It was just that crazy. All lies. With the advent of cell phones and speed dialing, it is almost impossible not to call you. Sometimes I call people from my pants pocket when I don’t even mean to. If I were into you, you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day. Which would be a day that I would never be too busy to call you."
====================================================

Greg’s rant

The big question is Is it okay for a guy to forget to call me ? I’m saying to you “No” Barring disaster someone had to be rushed to hospital, he was just fired from his job. Someone just keyed his Ferrari. He should never forget to call you. If I like you I don’t’ forget you. Ever!
===============================
The truth
The big question. Is it okay for a guy to forget to call me? Yes! It’s not OK to forget to call you all the time but it is OK to forget to call you occasionally.

You are not a child who depends on a parent to pick her up from kindergarten at 3.30 sharp. You are a mature woman.

Ferrari. What Ferrari? The American luxury vehicle, these days, is the Winnebago. Not the Ferrari. Get with it.

As for the disaster excuse lets see how well that really stacks up with Greg’s intolerance.
A doctor saves a dozen lives a day and is actually trained to turn off to distractions outside surgery while it’s in progress. Lives depend on it. If he stops to ring you and somebody dies then I would sort of call that a disaster.

I sincerely hope your boyfriend is never operating on me if his mind is on your phone all the time.

An ambulance officer is routinely rushing people to hospital. Did you expect this guy to call you on his mobile, while hurtling through Brooklyn at 100mph with all sirens screaming.

Even a simple foundry engineer has to concentrate on nothing but that blast furnace to prevent explosions or meltdown resulting in loss of life.

Men face life and death situations on a daily basis both as professionals and amateurs. Once again I have personal experience. I had informed my girlfriend that I would call her at a pre set time to confirm a date. This was before everyone had a mobile. I got stuck in traffic behind a major accident and the police were miserably late so, with the car going nowhere, I wandered up to the crash and held a bleeding artery closed till the ambulance turned up.

Turned up at the girlfriend place late, no phone call, and covered in blood. Instead of the usual female tantrum she shoved me into the shower grabbed my car keys and ironed the spare set of clothes I always carry in my car. We still made it to the show on time and I may well have saved a life.

If you really want to know what its like for somebody to forget to call you then call your grandmother. Ask her how many times your mum forgot to call her because she was absolutely flat out taking care of you and your siblings.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/23/2008 6:59:01 PM

Plus, I literally was working 20 hour days, every day. Ok, some days were 19 hours. I did this for 3 months straight.

...I know what you mean, I find that at times I come home from work and I feel like my brain is fried. I communicate with people all day long and some times I dread the thought of getting into a conversation with someone. I'm tired and just want to watch some mindless television or read.....*hmmm, wonders to herself if theres a clue there as to why "he's just not that into me"*

...maeflowers
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/23/2008 9:36:43 PM

Come on guys....aren't we all familar with the "game"?? I play it all the time and it really does work. It is human nature to want what you can't have and by not calling for a few days really creates an effect.

"That trick NEVER works!" -- Rocket J. Squirrel

At least on me it doesn't. When things are inaccessable, I start looking for alternates that will provide what I need without the hassle and expenditure of great resources.

A woman plays hard to get, she wins instantly, I'm am gone, she was too hard.

A woman talks to me honestly, and if there is real interest between us, I will stay. Not calling is just inconsiderate. Playing games creates distrust and destroys any chance at building a real relationship. Instead, it forces a man to play a guessing game, and that always ends badly: "Well before when you said "No" it meant try harder, so how was I to know that "No" really meant "No" ???"

Bravo...my feelings exactly....if someone ignores me it doesnt make me become more into them...it causes me to think they were the person I thought they were to start with...if you want to know how I feel ask me, Ill tell you honestly but if you try to mess with my mind and my emotions..you dont deserve me in your life.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/23/2008 10:12:09 PM
^^ weren't ....dang no edit
 Myrna43
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 9:25:49 AM
He takes three calls from the ex while you are having dinner at his place and he never tells her he has company

He buys the ex a condo next door to his

He keeps referring to her kids as his kids

He tells you the ex is a drunk and he has to take care of her

He never invites you to his church or company party

He goes out of town for two weeks without contacting you

He constantly talks about his dead wife

He does not return your calls

He never takes you out on the weekend or never spends a weekend with you

He has never invited you to his home

He leaves very soon after having sex with you

Just from past experience I could write a book of my own. Oh well have to consider it lessons learned and keep trying.
 Aleyrebel
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 12:23:47 PM
Another sign is that he wants you to come where he is. If he is into you and interested he'll travel within reason. I had a boyfriend tell me that. He traveled 5hrs to see me. We dated for 3 mo, and that isn't why we broke up. I've traveled 60mi to see some, mostly men with children, because it is more difficult for them to travel. Failing that, he has to pay for my gas. Now that I've moved South, most men are in Richmond that contact me. I use to work in Williamsburg so it wasn't a problem, now it is. I think men like to pursue, and if we go to them, we are too easily won and they lose interest. I truly feel that has happened with a few, and therefore, if you contact me, expect to travel to me. LOL
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 166
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:00:12 PM
I have been so busy I barely have time to talk to my kids, I think depending on the person some throw themselves hard into their profession and I prefer to think that while he might be to busy to call he is atleast allowing me to be the reason for the smile on his face.
 chenonceau
Msg: 167
Posted: 7/19/2009 12:26:21 PM
This was enlightening. Have this neighbor that acts crazy for me when he is drunk. When he is sober, he is very self conscious, etc. Have never even allowed him to kiss me, because I just didn't trust what was happening. Felt totally confused. Could have really liked him, but the forgetfulness, etc. Don't think he is fooling around. Guess it is alcoholism. Wow!
 Pierrefondman
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2009 4:28:08 PM
I agrre with you, just don't get it when you have a date and spend pratically 12 hours with someone u would assume their must be something there if no chemistry u would ended sooner , and then they tell you keep in touch and then you try you leave a message and u dont hear back from them go figure so you know women are just as bad and I dont think we should just think men are bad women play games also.
 jr123567
Msg: 169
Posted: 7/20/2009 8:53:25 AM
If a business associate asks you to schedule a meeting next week, and you are too busy, your response likely would be "I'm busy next week, but let me check my calendar...oh - I'm free on xxx date, how about we meet then?" Pretty simple. So I figure if someone is a successful business person who knows how to schedule work appointments, yet they are vaguely "too busy" for dating....I have to wonder.
 destinymoon
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/18/2010 8:41:31 AM
hes got other women if hes okay seeing you once every 2 or 3 wks
 destinymoon
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/18/2010 8:50:07 AM
I come home tired and beat a few nights a week but always manage to text him goodnight because hes that important to me
 bikenurse7
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/19/2010 4:05:49 AM
I love those forehead kisses...they feel sweet..thanks for reminding me Lyrical
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 176
Posted: 12/21/2010 6:40:33 AM

He doesn't reach for your hand and stop you from crossing the street in front of a bus.

Puts you on the outside of the walkway ..just in case.

Is more interested in the waitress than the actual menu and suggests you order a salad dressing on the side.

Orders a triple martini over lunch and doesn't drink.

Makes sure he eats extra garlic and onions and you didn't.

Ask if you are sure you are (insert age here---------)???
 rearguard*2
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2010 6:11:30 AM
If its in your mind consistently that someone is not into you, its because they are not into you. You really don't need a check list.
 nativerock
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/22/2010 12:42:46 PM

If its in your mind consistently that someone is not into you, its because they are not into you. You really don't need a check list.

Very true but sometimes you have them because you simply cannot for the life of you understand why not? So you go through the checklist to make sure you are still senile..
nativerock
 rearguard*2
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2010 1:06:27 PM

So you go through the checklist to make sure you are still senile..

Goodness, native, you leave yourself so open, its hard to resist....

nativerock
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/23/2010 4:19:17 AM

Goodness, native, you leave yourself so open, its hard to resist..

Yeah but seriously I ought to be closing up the shop here very very soon.. I think I did my last "Good Samaritan" job of the season..

nativerock
 daffie
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2010 4:58:37 AM
he brings his girlfriend home for christmas dinner at your place...
 kari135
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2010 10:53:40 AM
You realize one day you're choosing your friends according to how you'll feel when you come home and find him in bed with one of them, because you know you will, sooner or later.
 Underapalemoonsky
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/24/2010 11:02:58 AM
I used to take it very personally if a guy wasn't into me. The older I get, the less I care. Plus, I've come to the realization that sometimes It's a charactar flaw on the man's end; maybe, just maybe he does not have the capability to "be into someone".

I'm taking some time and trying to learn to be into myself!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >