Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 12
What Gardening Has Taught Me About RelationshipsPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Nice thought OP. Unfortunately, I'm more of an evergreen person, I fear. Seems I'm not overly attentive in the "watering" department. I like things to just sort of "be." Evergreens need very little attention, survive through the cold months and if you forget to water them, they survive just fine. I guess I'm much more a low-maintenance type gardener. I love orchids, but growing them? Nope, I'll just buy them at the florist when I feel the need to enhance my surroundings. I know it's a downfall, but I think there are Evergreen men out there ~ I'd do just fine with one of those guys!!
 capegardengirl
Msg: 21
What Gardening Has Taught Me About Relationships
Posted: 6/8/2007 6:22:45 PM
I love this thread!...Gardening has taught me to be patient and understanding..That what I want when I want it doesnt always unfold like I plan....Plants, like people, have a mind of their own and will bloom when and where they please....I can coax them, feed them with nice fertilizer and manure and baby them into making pretty blossoms for me, but its the final say of the plant and nature whether or not it wants to bloom for me....Like people, some take an awful long time to decide to bloom...Hollyhocks can take 3 years!.....Some plants, like people, are study and hardy...Others are more fragile and require more TLC...The ones that amaze me are those hardy periennials that survive a brutal winter and come back stronger than ever...People who have weathered their own strong winter and are able to bounce back from that have the same admiration from me...
 Georgygirl7
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/23/2011 11:05:33 PM
I love this thread
I did a search for gardening threads b ecause I wanted to
talk about mulching and composting

Hmmmm,,,,,the 'sh.. (manure) that sometimes happens can
if 'combined' with
other balancing elements,,,
create compost,,,,and GROWTH

As for mulch,,,,,,
I'll have to think about that one
 icboobs
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/24/2011 3:20:44 AM
I tried watering a man-eating plant. I'm lucky that I still have all my body parts.
 Walts
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/24/2011 5:09:56 AM
I don't know about the "teaching" of relationships, but I do know it does take a "type" of person to be a gardener.

My work in the backyard, I don't define as "work", though I know many people that would/do not spend that amount of time on a whole lot of things, let alone plants. You must tend to the plants, though the reward is never evident or instant. Planning around them, is a must, if your garden is to "succeed"(if that's the right word), and even then, you must be keenly aware that "success" is not always going to happen EVERYTIME.
But with each failure, you can't "just stop", because other things will quickly just "drop" on ya. The patience thingy is a biggy. Everything, at times, can look dead to the world, but you must have faith in the possibilities of the growing season ahead. A little effort here and there does wonders, and then every so often, a "big" change must be done, just to keep areas of growth for other things posssible.
I could go on and on(I almost did!!!!),but I will quote,
"" To know your garden, is to know yourself"" and,,,,,
"" What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not been discovered.""

As I said, I don't know if "I" personally can relate this to relationships,especially a lovey dovey one, cause really, in all my years, I have to find the "one" that has the same thought process as I do. And as I age,my "patience" grows into certain areas, but becomes less and less in others, so more than likely, I won't be comparing relationships and my garden anytime soon.
 Maleman999
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/24/2011 7:32:00 AM
Spreading manure helps with plant growth. How does this relate to relationships?
 seriousperson420247
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/24/2011 10:03:07 AM
I'm an excellent gardener
terrible at relationships

plants don't talk back
and they feed me

**** men.
 majyk1
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/24/2011 11:35:10 AM
The only thing gardening has taught me is that I suck at it!
I too would be in jail, I always forget to water and weed.
 Vannili
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2011 1:09:02 PM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts Marjatta.

It is very inspirational comparing people and plants, yes they have something in common life and nutients/air/sunshines...

Yes plants and people needs tender,loving , care... ooh, let's not forget to give them some shytes too, they thrive on that too. lol
 Vannili
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2011 1:23:06 PM
Spreading manure helps with plant growth. How does this relate to relationship ?

That's easy,> A wo/man get craps,bull shytes from his/her relationship,she/he'll get tired of it and grow up wisely and maturedly, like a lusty plants and the craps /manure sitting on it's roots reduced into nothingness.
 gentleplus
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2011 1:51:54 PM
georgygirl #29
Hmmmm,,,,,the 'sh.. (manure) that sometimes happens can
if 'combined' with
other balancing elements,,,
create compost,,,,and GROWTH

As for mulch,,,,,,
I'll have to think about that one

try this idea
The heavy grass mulch has a uniform look, drives out weeds, reduces maintenance requirements, retains moisture, protects against insects, attracts good bacteria, provides a base to absorb and slowly release nutrients as needed.... sexual and emotional intimacy has the same effect
 gardenias2
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/24/2011 1:52:00 PM
i learn everything from gardening: patience, art of nuturing, creative design, how to recycle everything since all things works in harmony in the garden. for example pulled weeds make great mulch/food for other plants.

how to be appreciative not greedy, how to go with the flow and not try to control. you can't control the elements, you do your best and then sit back and see what happens. sharing the bounty with neighbors, and sparking creativity in cooking from what i find in season.

but most of all i get soooo much peace, happiness and tranquility. as well as the peace and awe i see on my friends and neighbors faces get every time they come over. i could go on and on.... a gardens and orchards are great things to share with a a partner.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:01:11 PM

Today, I went out and looked at my hanging basket of petunias. He started off as a very lushious and nice-looking plant. I was doing very well with him. He LOVED me!

Petunias are female FFS.

Red Hot Pokers are male..geez

Spreading manure helps with plant growth. How does this relate to relationships?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gardening isn't work if you love it, know WHAT you are doing ( usually from experience and research) and keep at it as it needs to be tended on a regular basis after the foundation is in place..
It always seems easy at first to the newbie. Oh this color is pretty with this one..CALM down....until you kill a few or see you didn't prepare the ground or plant what grows best with the right type of plants or the right part of the yard you need to curb some enthusiasm and do the background research first..

ONCE the proper foundation is started properly you then begin to learn and do research again about what goes with what so you have blooms all year and water lovers are with water lovers/sun lovers with sun lovers or you end up with a mess each year or so and don't know where to start in order to regain it back.

You need to know what pests and diseases each plant may bring to the garden and which ones bring the proper insects..ect.

You want lady bugs in your garden for those darn aphids!!

Now the bones/foundation of the garden or getting soil/ground prepared..Thats down right work when undoing someone previously fawked up yard.

I always hated tearing up a yard that someone planted the wrong plants in the wrong place or by something where it shouldn't be..
So yes..gardening can teach you a LOT. Esp patience and planning.

Walts I need help in mine ,GOT BACK???..Root bound areas and a very dry summer so cant dig!!!
 Vannili
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:17:33 PM

The heavy grass mulch has uniform look,drives out weeds ,reduces maintenance requirements,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sexual and emotional intimacy has the same effect.

I am happy with the result of nurturing my garden,beautiful flowers, green lawn,ect.. someone told me that talking to the plants helps them grow fast and healthy, but I don't want to be caught talking to the plants like a coco lady.. so I just play my portable radio for them to listen..
On a second thought do you guys think that talking dirty to my plants ,they'll have gratification and multiply ????????
 femaleconnection
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:24:00 PM
Its gardening season here!

I am loving it!

This is my third year in this home and my back yard is rockin this year...I have spent the last two years planning, removing and slowly planting, and my perennials have really taken off...I started a ton of flowers from seed early indoors this year and saved ton of cash on my annuals...Im pleased!!

I also have a lovely berry patch going with lots of different berries as well as a veggie garden.

OT-I also equate gardening to how we look after people. It takes knowing what each plant needs and making it happen...like all the different people we deal with and how we adjust to thier temperments...we also have to adjust to each type of plant. In my shadey areas I also have the low maintenance cedars and such...I appreciate them for thier ease to care for...and I do also love the challenge of my more delicate plants as well. Variety is the spice of life!
 valenciacityx
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/25/2011 2:19:51 AM
I dont Garden, I WEED. and with great chemical impugnity where it is deserved. I will dump the Noxoll, and clear the deck to start over again. And the bushes and plants that arent producing up to snuff.... they dont make it to the next season.
adapt analogy _ I have done the same with dating. Clear cut weed eating across the American bar scene - only after relationships that will bear success and rewards. No mercy for the weeds.
 kessick
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/25/2011 5:05:19 AM
Sometimes people think that water is the real key to gardeneing and sure that is very important. But if you really want your garden/slash relationship to flourish try being someones sunshine on a daily basis. That's what you are to me OP. Yes POF does work . Love ya.
 Vannili
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 7:58:14 AM
Plants thrive on sunshine and water... > This ring a bell inside me.

LUV YA kessick & OP!!!!!!!! great post...........

In my country, the old people adviced in marriage/ relationship a woman should always be a" water "to dosed the fire of a man( means hot temper ) and vice versa...

A woman should always be a "sunshine" to a man when he is down and gloomy.. and vice versa.
No wonder we don't have very much separation in my country ( Note: we don't have divorce in my country)...
 mateo45
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 8:28:29 AM
Maintenance is key. Try to stay on top of whatever's "bugging" 'ya, so it doesn't "take over". Liberally "amend" the soil now and then before it gets too "depleted". And really get to the "root" of things when you're trying to remove the "weeds".....
 Vannili
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 8:33:31 AM
Petunias are female FFS.

I can argue with you till the doomsday that my flower plants Petunias are male ,whenever I water,cultivate, and manured them their lushiousness turns me on.. I never heard about Red Hot Pokers Plants, I think you just made that up.... But I can assure you that Sweet Pee is a female flower plants....

Today i went out and looked at my hanging basket of petunias.He started off as a very lushious and nice -looking plant. I was doing very well with with him.he LOVED ME!

Yes OP ,Petunias are great lovers, they retain their bloom and lushiousness even you yell ,whine and nag them to death not like a MAN.....................

Sorry I cracked up of what I posted.
 Vannili
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 8:56:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

stk,stk,stk, some men are always thinking of their "organs"

No wonder organic zuchinnis and bananas are very expensive at the supermarkets................
 euphoriaholic
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/25/2011 12:06:57 PM
I love this post! So right on, at first in a relationship there's a lot of bs thrown on, care and nuturing then the relationship dies from neglect.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >