Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What do you think of London's 2012 Olympic logo?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Being a graphic designer by profession, I'm quite open-minded to a lot of concepts. I can honestly say without hesitation that this logo totally sucks.
 harviej
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What do you think of London's 2012 Olympic logo?
Posted: 6/13/2007 1:31:10 PM
I looked at it.
I want to be open minded and give it a chance.
Does anybody have any good acid?
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2007 12:08:30 PM
It's the logo for the 2012 Gay Acid Olympics! Right on, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2007 6:39:37 AM
I never cared much for it. It doesn't seem like a lot of effort was put into it. It is now made even worse now that I notice that "lisa simpson" image previously mentioned by msg #3.
 james home
Msg: 29
view profile
History
London's 2012 or the Vancouver 2010 Olympic logo?
Posted: 12/15/2007 7:51:28 AM

Personally I think a GCSE graphics pupil could do better than the £400,000 logo they have developed.

This reminds me of people that look at top-rate abstract art and say "my two year old could have done that" - I say to them "well go-ahead and get your two year old to do it"; make a fortune. Of course what is going on is people's utter failure to recognise other people's talents. Good art doesn't have to be immediately likeable or recognisable as a characture. I'm sure you'd all like your art to be as close to a photograph as possible, and the 2012 Olympic image with London buildings represented there somewhere, or the British bulldog or lion or something - but no we've dared to be different and successfully avoided some naff emblem.

I can't even recall the Chinese or Canadian Olympic logos - and yet everyone is talking about the London logo. In fact, it's also hugely versatile, in ways you will discover. When you get used to the 'shock of the new' you may even grow to like it.

Wow, how people like to criticise and put anything new down.
 lolalakes
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/5/2008 9:29:36 PM
actually, its not the design that counts but who designed it....i check the Vancouver olympic bid site all the time...and when I seen a bid for an olympic coin design I sent the ad to my friend ...a graphic artist...and even though she could blow all other competitors out of the water...(I know I'm biased its my friend ) the design was actually irrelevant...you couldn't even send in your artwork...they didn't choose by what you could do but who you are....soooo who designed this 2012 logo??? cause they are why you got what you got
 h0ldfast
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 6:24:47 AM
I think that the logo looks ugly and vulgar, demonstrating no artistic merit and no connection to England or to the values that the Olympics represent. The "2012 numbers" in the logo only make it worse. I hope that they do the sensible thing and don't splash this logo all over the place or engrave it on the medals.

GCSE graphics pupil could do better

I'm forced to agree.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >