Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bootielicious
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I missed most of yesterdays episode with the statue angel things :( gutted. I know someone just like David Tennant, it's a bit freaky lol and yes I love the humour he has injected into the character and something inside me is attracted to him and his wild antics. I never watched it when Billie Piper was in it much, just didn't fancy it then, but i'm well and truely hooked again now. Before I would say Tom Baker was my favourite. I lost interest when he left until now.

Darleks used to scare me the most. I'm not happy about how they changed them lol. I'm no longer scared!

Edit* Have I got my Dr's confused. The current one is David Tennant, isn't it?
 bootielicious
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 6/10/2007 3:13:45 AM

The Dr gets all the good assignments, and I happen to think Captain Jack seems to be a much more proffessional journalist
Captain Jack has his own series now doesn't he? So that should make you happy
 scorpiomover
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 6/10/2007 7:21:32 AM
Best Doctor was definitely Tom Baker.
I still remember hiding behind the sofa, or the bed, when the monsters came on.

I saw a little of Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and Sylvester McCoy, and that awful one with Paul McGann. Plus, a few old episodes of William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton as well.

I've watched Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant, and found them well worth watching.

I love it, but the old Doctors were the best. Once Peter Davison got into it, it became more about the youth culture, and everything got a bit space-cadet like. The new ones are OK, but you can still get the impression that it's all about the youth culture. I mean, the recent scripts implied there every woman on the series was in love with the Doctor, even Sarah Jane. Fancy a 20-something woman being in love with a guy who's over 300. Plus, he's never in one place. What about the kids? Would they be Tardis-schooled? I mean, I expect a bit of literary license, but this is ridiculous.
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 12/29/2007 4:35:15 AM
I think David Tennant may be the best ever (especially, see the 2-part episode Human Nature / the Family of Blood for him at his best) - Ecclestone was good but a bit one-dimensional, Jon Pertwee was superb
 oggers
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 5/31/2008 2:45:45 AM
I am old enough to remember watching the original grumpy old man who was the first doctor, William Hartnell. His character was much more believeable for me , although a couple of his assistants left something to be desired ( even Bernard Cribbins at one point , in the movie with Peter Cushing?) The monsters were genuinely scary because we never saw anything like that on saturday tea time TV before, and the Daleks were awesome. Still are. Remember this was the early sixties, before playstations, and cgi monsters in the movies ( I feel sorry for kids today- nothing seems to scare them anymore!)

After that the various incarnations held my attention some more than others .. John Pertwee and Tom Baker were excellent, Davidson and Mcgann instanty forgettable, in my opinion.

The more recent series has been excellent, with Eccleston and Tennant, although the present series for me with Catherine Tate doesnt quite hold my attention in the way that Billie Piper did ................
 swanseamale47
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 6/1/2008 10:27:30 AM
I'm afraid I have to show my age and argree with Coggers, William Hartnell was the classic grumpy old doctor. Although I do enjoy the current series. Last nights I though was a really good one. Wayne
 dibble29
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 6/1/2008 10:58:44 AM
From the original series' it has to be Jon Pertwee. This time round Christopher Eccleston pushed my buttons but Tennant is great too and I am trying to get tickets for his stratford appearances (especially as Patrick Stewart is in Hamlet too!) As for assistants definitely not Catherine Tate, cant stand the woman I keep expecting her to say Bovvered! I enjoyed Billie Piper's role.
 dibble29
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 6/1/2008 1:45:54 PM
Are you thinking a woman? I wondered if it was his daughter!
 Talk4England
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 6/1/2008 4:25:14 PM
Peri Brown! Ahh!
She'd make a good Doctor.
Wake up , Mike , wake up.
 trooperbill
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 6/3/2008 3:40:50 AM
Tom's the man IMHO... lovin the scarf n crasy hair
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Dr Who and your views?
Posted: 1/15/2013 2:00:24 PM
Of the old times John Pertwee and new Christopher Eccelston (recently referred to as the traitor by a Dr. Who fan pal of mine) but who could forget the Kiss of his Doctor and Captain Jack. I was with four pals watching that episode and the gasps and squeals still echo in my memory
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >