Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > European "Hot Dogs"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nontangent
Msg: 3
view profile
History
European Hot DogsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

you can get all kinds of different European sausages made fresh daily

Good tip, Tee. Not sure if I have ever seen a European deli round here, but I will scoot down to Boston and sniff around some weekend. Just thought there might have been a national brand out there that meets the taste test - or is at least comparable.
 nontangent
Msg: 4
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 8:18:37 PM

They are bigger

I think now that the dollar is at an all time low our weiners don't really seem that big to them anymore...it's the bling, not the schwing (Section A23158 Subsection 2351 European Union Sizing Codes, Non-Nationals)
 rsx11s
Msg: 5
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 8:46:46 PM
If it was smooth texture and was about the same dimension and color as a hot dog it was probably a frankenfurter which better delis have and you can certainly get them in Kensington market. They're different from hot dogs.

If it had a course grained texture it was any one of a number of smoked sausages they get over there.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 6
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 9:43:07 PM
Fat and stubby, I knew it raerae, It's not the length of the dog its the gurth and how its presented, and how far it squirts.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 7
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 9:54:23 PM
[I've been obsessed with these. Scary obsessed. Not very productive at work, googling austrian street vendors with no success, no product I've found exists in NA (at least in steet cart form). Why?]

Not many street vendors have computers, so googling may not help..lol
 JustKelly70
Msg: 8
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:07:35 PM
I figure a dogs a dog, Now sausage on the other hand can have variety, Westfalers, Spelling may be off but they are great, get them at costco.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 9
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:37:40 PM
Ya its all beef , not the parts you want to eat..lol
 JustKelly70
Msg: 10
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:44:41 PM
An old buddy would say lips and ***holes, I still eat hotdogs, Another friend worked at a hotdog plant so to speak, you don't want to know. I know I did'nt.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 11
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:59:35 PM
It's better not to know and enjoy
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 12
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 1/11/2008 11:54:14 AM
...OK..I gotta hop in on this one...what really makes a hot dog anyway..it's just some ground up meat in a bun...I have to say..it's the condiments..and what you do with the bun....Lately..I've been brushing the buns with garlic butter and popping them in the frying pan to grill them...Oh gawd...now I'm hungry too.....LOL
 Billfishin2
Msg: 13
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 1/11/2008 2:58:08 PM
Everything is better than haggis!!

When I was in Korea, if you liked what you ate, you didn't ask what it was made of....
 hoarydragon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 2/28/2008 2:55:51 PM
Okay here is the scoop on hot dogs

Europe
Wiener (Vienna -Austria) Frankfurter (Frankfurt Germany) - both are fine ground veal sausages that were developed in the 1700"s

America
The German immigrants ate frankfurters in a milk bun slathered with sauerkraut and mustard.The Austrian immigrants ate their wieners in the similar fashion.

Here is the USDA listing of hot dogs
1)Hot Dog - all beef
2)Wiener- beef and pork
3)Frankfurters - scrap meat with only 30% beef

Here is the reason why they plump when you cook them ------they are filled with water so when heat is applied the water becomes steam.
The water is mixed in as ice to keep the meat and the grinder cold during grinding.
Now you know !
 LanSir
Msg: 15
view profile
History
European Hot Dogs
Posted: 2/28/2008 8:15:03 PM
Whatever it was I'm sure it was better than Haggis!!!
Actually, haggis doesn't really taste bad.

It is the mental block that a lot of people have against things they have not experienced, that not only convinces them that certain things are repulsive, but keeps them convinced even after they have tried it.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > European "Hot Dogs"