Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a Tomboy ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cbt04
Msg: 226
Would you date a Tomboy ?Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I luv tom boys. They aren't dykes or they wouldn't be interested in getting a guy and they are so easy to get along with. It's like dating your beer drinking buddy minus the "fishin pole".
 Malawena
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Would you date a Tomboy ?
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:53:06 PM
LOL, well put cbt04.
 infoseekngeek
Msg: 228
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:55:48 PM
I'd definitely date tomboy. I like a woman who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and is sexy wielding power tools.
 doouglass
Msg: 229
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:01:09 PM
Tomboys are great, it's just when they don't wash the dirt from under their nails and start leaving the toilet seat down.
 SpeaksTY
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2009 8:29:12 AM
What exactly is a tom boy? There are different levels to this. Me, I want a woman that wants to drink a beer, and watch a game once in awhile, and doesn't become a screaming baby if a spider appears.

I also want a woman that keeps her hair an nails done, and can wear a sexy little hot number every once in awhile when we go out. And to be clear ladies, jeans and a sports jersey with sneakers DOES NOT COUNT as a sexy hot little number!

Ive dated a tom boy off and off for years, and the main thing that pissed me off was she thought it perfectly okay to want to see me in a nice outfit when we went out, but wanted to wear a bandanna, jeans and a jersey.

Or to put it another way, ladies would you want a man that is more fem then you? Probally not? As a guy, I want a woman. To me that means being able to look, act and dress liek one when the situation calls. Just my two cents
 CREngineer
Msg: 231
Posted: 5/21/2009 10:42:57 AM
I pride myself on "versatality" and that I can mix with the suits and black tie affairs and also get down and dirty with the blue jeans and boots so i kind of like that in a woman as well, one who can live and play in both worlds and all in between!
 DrBogenbroomphd
Msg: 232
Posted: 5/21/2009 3:47:13 PM

To me that means being able to look, act and dress liek one when the situation calls.

BINGO!! Good call, Speaksty.

That said, I want to be able to take my girl and not have a bunch of complaints about bugs, mud, or poor defenseless fish. I think the idea is to have things in common and share interests. A tomboy would seem to fit perfectly.
 whytwater
Msg: 233
Posted: 5/21/2009 3:55:55 PM

A tomboy would seem to fit perfectly.

Ditto!!!!! And I'd "date" the type in a heartbeat, but I hope this thread isn't gonna veer off into how tight tomboys are, like that other thread about virgins.
 longlocks40
Msg: 234
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:48:51 PM
No offense, but Tom boys are disgusting. I am a girly girl or a femme and guys adore me for that. When I was in college Tom boys usually were called Butch and they were viewed as perhaps being lesbian or bi-sexual. Guys I know are not into Tom boys.
 Technical Buddha
Msg: 235
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:52:04 PM
If she can knock me out with a right/left hook, she has captured my heart.

<3
 HazelRose
Msg: 236
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:20:37 AM
In my area, girly- girls are good for throwing into traffic, and laughing at. Tomboys are awesome, and are built for survival and sex. Two great things in one person. Anyone who thinks a Tomboy is a latent homosexual is ****ing stupid. We can take the good and bad, and make Mike's Hard Lemonade. LOL

Also, when Tomboys decide to dress up all ladylike, we kill the competition in every way. Think of Angelina Jolie, Catherine Zeta Jones, Halle Berry, and Kathleen Turner. Just a few who knew how to get down and play with the boys.
 LtColumbo
Msg: 237
Posted: 2/26/2010 9:29:39 AM
That would be my preference in a heartbeat!!
 Mitch529
Msg: 238
Posted: 2/26/2010 9:34:02 AM
Yeah, I like both tomboys and girly-girls. They offer different things that I like... now if I could find a girly tomboy... lol.
 High_Contrast
Msg: 239
Posted: 2/26/2010 10:01:38 AM

No offense, but Tom boys are disgusting. I am a girly girl or a femme and guys adore me for that. When I was in college Tom boys usually were called Butch and they were viewed as perhaps being lesbian or bi-sexual. Guys I know are not into Tom boys.

Ummmm....what?

You obviously ARE a girly girl, who judges other woman on what they wear, their social circles and the attention they get from men. It's all right there in your post.

That is excatly what makes Tom Boys great. They aren't judgmental b!tches who spend their spare time bashing their own sex like it's going out of style. "Like omg LOOK at what she's wearing, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...."
They are comfortable in their own skin, don't mind "getting dirty" and breaking gendercentric ideals (will actually change a tire without calling a man etc.) Some of the Tomboys I knew in highschool have continued to grow into incredibly beautiful woman, inside and out.
 dave878
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2010 10:33:33 AM
Well I love tomboys too: they're confident, up for an adventure and not hung up on stereotypical roleplaying or having their toenails waxed every Wednesday. And they're all girl when it counts.
 Ill_Make_You_Smile
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2010 10:36:38 AM
I prefer tomboys. It's pretty stupid to freak out over a little pest and run up my back and pull my hair over a roach or lizard.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 242
Posted: 2/26/2010 11:38:03 AM
Also, when Tomboys decide to dress up all ladylike, we kill the competition in every way. Think of Angelina Jolie, Catherine Zeta Jones, Halle Berry, and Kathleen Turner. Just a few who knew how to get down and play with the boys

THESE are NOT women that come to mind when the term TOMBOY comes up. At least not to most men. THIS is exactly why there are varrying answers....because there's no set definition of tomboy

I like athletic women, but women who swig beer n go to bars all the time(hell I hate the stuff!), and work on cars, go hunting/fishing or watch tons of sports for example don't do it for me (i'd rather they play sports then watch), I dunno if that's tomboy but that's just how I am...

I'd still be curious to see what the women would answer about dating a guy who's feminine (metro I guess) and who gets nails done, and all that crap. Just asking this because a poster asked this previously in this thread and no one answered.
 Paderic
Msg: 243
Posted: 2/26/2010 12:13:41 PM
I've always liked Tomboys. I have no use for girlie girls that just sit there looking pretty. I much prefer a woman who keeps active and shares a few interests with me.
 whytwater
Msg: 244
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:31:31 AM
I'd still be curious to see what the women would answer about dating a guy who's feminine (metro I guess) and who gets nails done, and all that crap

A Thomasina!! Hey, they had Czarinas (I actually saw Natasha, Last of the Romanovs, perform live on stage once, in Hamburg! Lol), and "thomasina" would just be the contemporary switch. On the other hand, I knew a full Navy Captain at the Navy War College who got regular manicures- and there is nothing fruity, faux, or fainthearted about those who go down to the sea in ships. imho

excatly what makes Tom Boys great. They aren't judgmental b!tches who spend their spare time bashing their own sex like it's going out of style. "Like omg LOOK at what she's wearing, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...."
They are comfortable in their own skin, don't mind "getting dirty" and breaking gendercentric ideals (will actually change a tire without calling a man etc.) Some of the Tomboys I knew in highschool have continued to grow into incredibly beautiful woman, inside and out.

Now there's ^^ a working definition of a tomboy! What guy wouldn't love such a woman?
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 245
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:21:56 AM
Think like a man , act like a lady and work like a dog

thats a true tomboy

i loveee my mani/pedi's though
 dave878
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:09:57 AM

i loveee my mani/pedi's though
Hey,. that's not allowed! Cheat!
 whytwater
Msg: 247
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:49:29 AM
Think like a man , act like a lady and work like a dog

Lol. I'd be more interested in how she plays, not works. Thinking like a man would not necessarily give any woman "a leg up", or increase her allure, Lol, and what's this "act like a lady" requirement? No mudders in the tomboy ranks? Au contraire, my lady. The tomboys I envision would happily play football (US), touch, in the rain, feel free to pee in the woods, and boff with abandon, when the Force was with her.

\/\/\/\/ "Course swimming counts- almost have to to do rivers. Lol But watch your drinkin', Darlin'- can lead to mating without memory, and little more than a headache and an awkward introduction the next day. Ummm, do you have the sailor clothes, too? Lol
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 248
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:59:59 AM
well ...im horrible @ sports but i can swim AND slam a beer like a sailor ...does that count? lol
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 249
Posted: 2/27/2010 1:08:22 PM
<- IS a sailor, and I friggin HATE beer. Not to be a jerk but the only women I PERSONALLY know who drink beer, are the ones constantly getting wasted, and thats seriously not a turn on...
 eattoplease
Msg: 250
Posted: 2/28/2010 5:59:13 AM
Gotta laugh...In school I was in love with a girl that was a jock....a sports girl...very much like a tomboy...my heart was broken when at a re-union...I found out she was a lesbian....maaaan...I liked her....everyone has another...sometimes it takes time...and if a persons dream isnt looking their way....its a waste of THEIR time worrying about it....
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a Tomboy ?