Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 22
Holy Robot ChickenPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^^Don't jump to conclusions!
Um...
Maybe he gets off on the thought of hot checks???

Holy Robot Chicken
Posted: 6/15/2007 8:58:22 AM
hot Czechs, perhaps?
 Shirtydream
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Holy Robot Chicken
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:34:47 AM

Good luck to you and don't take any notice of the 'downers'. No conclusion can be drawn unless 110% of the circumstance is known.

Once more good luck.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Holy Robot Chicken...
Posted: 6/17/2007 7:47:22 PM
How did this turn the way it did, 2 people that met here and love each other, WTF. let them be.
Holy Robot Chicken...
Posted: 6/17/2007 9:12:33 PM
I take great offense to the defamation of Robot Chicken!

as I said earlier ~ if you can make it work at your age, more power to you. most of us "older folks" have been there, done that, and have an extensive t shirt collection, so you have to understand that most negative posts are really reflections of our own shortcomings, relationship-wise.
Holy Robot Chicken...
Posted: 6/17/2007 10:17:43 PM
agreed, TxGuy ~ respect doesn't have an age limit
 prof48
Msg: 43
Holy Robot Chicken...
Posted: 6/30/2007 12:33:34 PM

most of us "older folks" have been there, done that, and have an extensive t shirt collection, so you have to understand that most negative posts are really reflections of our own shortcomings, relationship-wise.

Hmmm. I got married at 23 the first time. It didn't work. My older brother got married at 24 and he's still married. He's not likely to be giving advice here because of that. So any advice here tends to be colored by the nature and track history of the advisors. Whether these two will be back to advise later, one never knows. But its wise to congratulate and hope for the best. They sure have been a heck of a lot more positive in their responses than I would have been if someone came and told me "Hey, its not likely to work." I keep saying "attitude is everything." In my book, from their posts here, they've got the right "attitude." Just hope you keep it. Good luck.
 wergund
Msg: 46
Holy Robot Chicken
Posted: 6/30/2007 3:52:47 PM
Good Lord. How quickly positive turns to negative when you hang with the know-it-all crowd. Good luck, kids. Guy gets out of the military, has a hard time for a while, meets a nice girl, they work together to solve problems. For all of the negative crap I just read, I'd like to go back and review the perfect lives of those offering their timeless (cynical) "wisdom". Bet I'd find a few who bounced a check now and then! And even if I didn't, they aren't the kind of folks I'd invite to the wedding! jmho (p.s., thanks for serving our country!)
 DeliHero
Msg: 52
Holy Robot Chicken
Posted: 4/5/2008 6:17:21 AM
We're married
yes, a bit less than a year later and here we are. you will look at this profile and say, "if they're so happy why are they looking for a third?" its a sex thing and it really isn't important to us. I love PoF! and I love Mark so much more. We never expected the response we got from our testimonial would be quite like that. I worry much less about what people think of our relationship, because i have realized at the end oof the day my loyalty lies with the person next to me (Mark). not these cynics who believe only what they know (and it isn't much). I really would like people to keep reading this and for those cynics out there with a little bit of an open mind still, don't give up. If you're like me you were born with lots of love to give and one day someone will reciprocate the same amount of love.
 DeliHero
Msg: 54
Holy Robot Chicken
Posted: 4/5/2008 7:51:11 AM
woo, that's a bunch to read. there is no three... for sure. even if i found a girl i liked enough to think about inviting home she would know it wasn't much more than fun, but we're really not all that serious about it (discussing the details we know our relationship needs a bit more maturity to handle this).
anywho, the advice how ever we recieved it at the time was very "i know more because of my longer life and numorus experiences" my parents have only experienced each other in the last thirty years and however different form the people giving advice I'd follow theirs more closely because they have had a LASTING relationship. so why take advice from people that have had relationships that didn't work out? that's a good way to get divorced. Things weren't rosey in the beginning, but those hot checks were from two years ago at the time. It said nothing about who he was then or who he is now. So i can only speak for myself when i say i felt like they were calling him a bad person. I don't mind advice, i can't say I know better but neither can anyone else, no matter how old they are.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >