Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EC22
Msg: 52
guys don't care about 80% of the stuff you writePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Some men don't read the profiles, but not all. I'm currently not looking for a date, but when I was I would read the profile. I usually would not email an attractive woman that I had little common interests with or I clearly wasn't what she is looking for. If I did, I would clearly state that I wasn't trying to date her. I would simply compliment her about something on her profile, her pics, something she stated on the forums etc. Many times I would email an average looking woman because I liked her profile and still get few responses.
 trooperbill
Msg: 53
view profile
History
guys don't care about 80% of the stuff you write
Posted: 6/16/2007 1:35:18 PM
lol good post...

And ill bet you see on every dudes posts that he likes cinema, computer games, music...

but i do get the posint and yes i like to read the completely off the wall profiles but never contact any people with ones like those as you know theyre unstable.

Ladies, how about talking about the musicians you like, guys LOVE music and its a great way of relating to someone.
 BonnieB
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2007 5:11:59 PM

photos that appeal to the male reptilian brain

OTB.. you continue to crack me up...
 jed456
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 6:08:08 AM
I look at the picture first but I actually read the profile,I like to see what the ladies interests are music,as to a previous post about long walks on the beach making there eyes glaze over lol,since I live 3 houses away from long island sound I like taking walks with my keeshond.
 taray_queen
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/8/2007 6:25:44 AM
When guys take down their pictures with their catch that they can barely carry, then we'll trim down on that 80% you don't like. Dunno about the other women, but seeing a guy struggle carrying his catch of the year doesn't impress me much.
 sxyvirgo
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:01:22 AM
Guys may not care what I write, but at least I've given them "fair warning"! At some point they either will get beyond the looks or it'll be over so why not move things along and say what I like and what I don't?
 rockondon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:50:12 AM
and 80% of messages that guys send to girls are probably too lame for them to care about.

If a guy finds himself disinterested in 80% of everything he reads in women's profiles, that isn't a reflection on women that's a reflection on HIM. It shows that men like that are shallow and uninteresting themselves, and incapable of appreciating the finer points of a woman's character.
 Leeanne
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 12:18:36 PM
I never gave a crap about what men had in their profiles either. I always made my decisions to meet - based on messaging and phone conversations!! People will comment on others profiles and I really truthfully never read them unless someone directs me to read them!
 moocowfat
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2007 8:35:07 AM
Actually I'm gonna have to disagree with most of this post, OP.

I know that I do care what women put on their profiles (or a lack there of). Pictures are of course welcome, but a gorgeous gal with nothing in her profile (or things that do not intrest me in the slightest) will not be getting an email from me. (My loss, I'm sure.)

Also a lady who types IN ALL CAPS, is kind of a turn off as well imo.
-----

The more I read the inital post it just seems that it is a troll post, trying to provoke alot of negative feelings, or you are bitter in response to someone on PoF.
---

However it is insanely common how often women will put in their intrests A:Outdoors and B: An Outdoor hobby. (Oddly enough, though I don't see many hanging out outside :P )
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2007 8:47:17 AM
Theres lots of stuff to avoid for me.

Theres the typicall girl profile. (BORING -And I already know you like that stuff, you ARE a girl)

Then theres (Ukbolt >. .<

Sigh.
 Randall1308
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2007 12:31:58 PM
Amen, CG5000.

I read 'em. What is written, what is not written. I suppose if all I wanted was a one nighter, or a waste of time on a bad date, I would not bother. Then again, not reading what someone has taken the time to write strikes me as a tad on the brainless side of thoughtful. Realize I am probably the odd-man-out here but its really rather incomprehensible to me to simply "go" on a photo; nice way to meet some of the ugliest people one would care (not) to spend an evening with.
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2007 2:18:29 PM
Meh.

Dont worry ladies, I read less than 20% of his post too :)

muawhhahaahahaha

And you know what, I still got the jist... He can QQ all he wants, post long profiles, PLEASE, otherwise, it can be hard to find something to start chatting about
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >