Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > child suport its killing both sides      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kynnie
Msg: 76
child suport its killing both sidesPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The amount is NOT the same, the payees income is also taken into account.
If their income goes up, ur child support goes down as per a cut off point.
I cant quote u the actual amount, its around $32,000 I think.
And I have no idea what the next cut off point is after that.

For anybody following this...u NEED to find these things out instead of throwing allegations around & arguing what you think u know to sort these things out amicably for the benefit of the children.
You'll save urselves a sh*tload of stress arguing over nothing & money on lawyers
 Leatheryman
Msg: 77
child suport its killing both sides
Posted: 10/3/2007 7:42:03 AM
^^^OH so now we're earning an income.....ummm which way is the wind blowing...
 Kynnie
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/3/2007 7:49:49 AM
Its clear u either choose not to understand how the system works or are not capable of understanding it.

Ive explained both ways.
How the CSA amount is calculated via the payers income AND the payees income...
.... and then how it affects government payments AND payments to the payee via the cut off point.

Pay a lawyer to sort it out for you and you wont be in doubt of a $10,000 account for that...
....maybe you could offer them a car?
 Leatheryman
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:18:18 AM
^^OK I'll do that. What is clear in what you are saying is that you change your circumstance to suit your ever changing argument. I really think your full of shit and the fact that you keep falling back on the "seek legal advice" crutch just proves it. I'd bet a car on you taking a Prado over the old Camry. (please, I'm not really interested in what you actually drive) No wonder this is such a contentious issue with shape shifters like you around.
Welcome to the forum ... Ta ta.
 Lacrymosa
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:20:07 AM
As someone who is merely an observer of the whole child support issue, I would have to say that the way the amount is currently calculated according to income seems unfair.

As an observer? If people have children do you not think the CHILDREN have a right to some support - from either their mother or father? I have been the payee and the payer and have never questioned supporting my child.

The amount due should be calculated on the living costs of the region in which the child is being raised (as long as she didn't move to Singapore or somewhere like that). It's basically a disincentive for men to seek higher paying modes of employment if any gain in salary is basically swallowed up by child support. How does the child's living costs and educational needs increase because the father's salary is increased?

Because the cost of raising a child increases as they grow older...try telling a teenager you can't afford a computer or at least a playstation...and 12 - 15 year olds eat a hell of a lot more than a younger child...

I'd also seriously consider offering my financial support in the form of a lump sum payment, if I was in the position to do so, or perhaps supply a car of equal value to my childs mother instead of a monthly payment. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

How do you put a value on a child's mother? Perhaps I am worth the equivilent of an EH holden because I don't agree with you?

It's about the children.....

Leatheryman
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:23:44 AM
Hey Lacrymosa. Not interested in repeating myself... thanks anyway.
 jannick06
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:26:29 AM
dont know never got any
 Lacrymosa
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/3/2007 8:30:17 AM

Hey Lacrymosa. Not interested in repeating myself... thanks anyway.

Hey sake....neither am I.....

But ditto....
 CavesBeach
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/3/2007 2:28:27 PM
FYI people of fishland

http://www.csa.gov.au/ChildSupportCalculator/Calculator.aspx

its interesting changing level of care from 109 days to next bracket.
every weekend just falls short of the next level of care bracket.

moral spend more time with ya kids
 Avocado
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/4/2007 3:41:38 AM
In total I think I got $30 (maybe $50) in child support from my ex g/f. She was on Sickness benefits & $10 a fortnight was being deducted. She would ring me every fortnight, when her benefit was paid & scream abuse at me for initiating the Child Support action. I kept telling her it had nothing to do with me. Finally I rang the CSA & told them that I would collect the money myself... and we live happily ever after.
 jannick06
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:50:13 AM
men should step up and pay more didnt have these children by ourselves
 CavesBeach
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/4/2007 2:36:58 PM
life with my new family, just bought a unit in the whitsundays. we were going to live the great australian dream. my ex in the end ran off with jesus and a guy called ben.

I gave up a dream of being a commercial pilot and bought a home for my new family instead, payed off her car when I was in the relation(pirate)ship. now we are over I pay off a mortgage, rent, (my) car and C.S.A only get my little girl on the weekends and am being told I need to step up and pay more.
this scenario was not in any of the pretty pictures in the "honey can we have kids" brochure she sold me.
 Killa Hamster
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/6/2007 5:05:40 AM
hey nun..

my daughters case with the mother is close (well more inactive). Due to a court decision, i now pay to a 3rd party, but the money i owe is still to be payed.

So in the meantime, i pay off one debt while recieving another one. After the court case, i started to pay 5 TIMES MORE THAN WHAT I WAS REQUIRED TOO.. in the hope that the 3rd part will recieve the minimum amount payable while the rest goes to the debt to the mother, well it didnt work that way, as i found out, and now im in debt to the tune of $9500 plus, and that was just the FIRST YEAR! and now they are really hounding me for it..

But with the new assestment, they are asking way out of my means as during the last finacial year, i changed from a full time job, to an apprenticeship in the construction industry, so my weekly pay has dropped by almost 35% per week, a small sacrifice by me, to better my job aspects and im now doing somthing that i have wanted to get into for some time now, a job that i enjoy.

I was forced into an payment aggreement, but now that will be broken, as i cannot make a weekly payment of $80 plus a week on my income, plus pay my own household bills including rent, shopping and travel expences to get to work

Pay a lawyer to sort it out for you and you wont be in doubt of a $10,000 account for that...
....maybe you could offer them a car?

i have done this to pay the debt to the mother as she has her licence but no car.. and the offer was regected with her saying " i dont want a car.. i want the cash" i only made the offer becouse it was a win-win. i cleared the money owing to her from CSA, and she gets a form of transport.
 Make Me Pure
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/9/2007 5:27:59 AM
I'm with mostly Sakemikazi on this one... the way that child support is factored SHOULD be based on the cost to raise a child. I don't agree that it should be factored on what region the custodial parent lives in, but on an average for the country - if the mother is living by the beach and financially should be living in the burbs then perhaps she should do the right thing by her kids and move somewhere more affordable... or get a better job to support her lifestyle choice. It shouldn't be up to her ex to support her.

It galls me to see custodial parents receiving $400 a week in child support. How the hell can it cost that much to raise a child? Work out how much it costs, divide it by 2 and that should be the child support payment. If the father earns a fortune, let him choose to blow his cash on the kids. If the father doesn't have a job, make him get off his ass and get one to face up to his responsibilities!

I totally agree with the time spent with the children being taken into consideration when working out the payments. That's fair in my eyes, although I don't feel it should be divided "per day in custody" (I admit I haven't read to see how it is going to be worked out) as the custodial parent generally has the expenses like school uniforms, excursions, music lessons, sport etc to pay for.

For the record I'm female and a single mother... my ex has been paying $5 a week child support for the last 6 years and I've worked full time to provide the things my son needs... to make his b'day's and Christmas' special, to pay for his drum lessons etc.

Like someone said earlier, treat child support as a bonus so that way if it stops coming it won't ruin you. Honestly, if he ever got a job I would have him spend the money directly on my son and give me the receipts (we've done that before when he failed to pay his $5 a week for a few months) - that way our son would win, his dad would get to be the "hero" and it would still ease the pressure on me as far as special occasions go because I'd know I wasn't going to be the only person providing. But I won't hold my breath.
 aroha108
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:24 AM
Hey sarge yep yep. Believe me it's just as sick here in the States (it probably started here and spread..)

Family's wrecked. Kids are struggling. She's worse than ever but there's no way to get any resolution through state or county agencies, and the court system has proven to be worse than useless. I have a thousand bits of paper with big words written on them guaranteeing this that and the other right - the whole lot is worthless and can't be enforced.

Everything's gone mate, family, home, the works. All that's left is the next fifteen years of support for children I can barely even see without going back to court every other week.

I know the support legislation was put in place with the best of intentions but it all breaks down when one of the parties will not play fair. And no surprise - that is going to be the one who buggered things up in the first place. Doesn't take a forensic psychologist to figure that one out!

Here's to our kids somehow getting through it, so we can all move on.
 aroha108
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:51:23 AM
fact - it's hardly EVER 'about the children' . Among less-than-affluent breakdowns where the guy can't afford to hire the biggest gun and get custody at the start, it's usually about whoever has majority custody USING the children to beat the life out of the guy after he's already been kicked to the kerb.

Not sure what it's like at home nowadays - is there any accountability as to how the disbursements are used? My guess is no, that would be an invasion of privacy (snicker..).

Here in the States, you pay the equivalent of a second wage per month - right or wrong, regardless of how the funds are spent, and whether the custodial parent is or is NOT capable of (or even aware of the need of) caring for the children.

If you get into arrears for any of the multitude of reasons that you might not have a spare grand or two that month, here you go to jail. After three or six months, you can get work release. That means that you go to work for a mob-owned trash hauling company that contracts to the County. You work, you go back to jail. You pay board to the prison system, and whatever is left is garnisheed and applied to the arrears.

Oh and the prison gets a state payout of 1,600 per week for your incarceration. Go figure, separated fathers are worth much more incarcerated than free. It's a very cynical situation. I think I understand why fathers get depressed.
 aroha108
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/9/2007 12:00:45 PM
five dollars a week! you have GOT to be joking!

You may be an exceptional person in every way. I don't think you're representative of the majority though. I am very, very bitter about what happened, I feel like a bloody animal that's been run over by a truck. Okay, leave me alone and I will heal - but oh no, here they come with spotlights and a shotgun now.

I'd feel differently if the situation were even remotely sane, but that is wishful thinking.
It is deadly serious here. I imagine that if people just sat down and took a reality check before jumping off into outer space and destroying their family, they might decide not to do it at all. But a person who is off to the extent they can't consider the consequence to the (in our case five ) other people involved, isn't going to be making choices that are ethical and rational anyway.

I dunno. I dunno. I give up.
 tezzaturtle
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/10/2007 10:50:57 PM
hey you all ,l would love to have my children at home with me and provide for them.GUESS WHAT? WHOS STOPPING THAT .THERE BLOODY MOTHERS THATS WHO cheers
 aroha108
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:30:00 PM
Ditto for me. Every part of me wants to be with my kids. Caring for them is the easiest thing I've ever done. Christ almighty what kind of wretch would regard stealing a man's children to use them as weapons as a good idea - a bloody sociopath, that's who.
 nunthewiser
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2007 6:10:06 PM
all i can say.. if you dont like what is going on with your own personal situation... take it back to court as mediation wont help... if there are papers for parenting order / consent order and one parent is breaching it take them to court over it... breach them.... you have to have valid points and proven documentation.

if your kids are over the age of 12 go and revisit the orders again as the kids then have a say in where they want to be.

same goes for childsupport.... if ya dont like your situation... dispute it within your 28 days in writing like you are spose too... or forgo it and accept it.

my ex is kicking up a stink over 12 bucks a week... hes refusing to put in his last 2 tax returns coz he doesnt see why he should have to pay more.... for 4 years i also lived off 10bucks a fortnight.... hes also refusing to help out with education as he thinks the 54 bucks a month should cover that.... really the list is never ending.... but i sucked it up... i figured out what he was like when i left him when i was 3 months pregnant that he wouldnt be such a great father figure or provider for his son....

i also know of 2 other people ... a female friend is having problems with her ex now the ATO is on his ass and so is childsupport all for 15 bucks a week... he doesnt think she should get it coz hes saying it wont go to their son.

my male cousin has been paying $200 a week for his new born..his ex wanted him to put it in her bank account.. he refused and handed over a cheque every week so he could see his son.... if he didnt he would never see him.... she has not declared this money thru centrelink and she will be in the shit for it... as that is classed as a income.... they have just gone to court again... he tried for months to do it out of court... but she just refused him access coz she was breast feeding.... even when he offered to buy her a breast pump she still refused so for visits he cant go anywhere cant take his son to see his family as she wont let him leave with the baby he doesnt want to be anywhere near her... and hates being stuck with her all day when he has his visit.. this is a woman that didnt tell him she had the baby until 3 days later a scheduled csection (she didnt even tell him she was having a csection)... he has never signed the birth certificate but his name is on it so he had no say on the babys name and wants it to be changed (hyphenate surnames) ... ive given him advice and have been there every step of the way with him on this... as im the only one in the family that has gone thru this.... i have told him to never give up and to fight it all the way... actually reminds me i have to ring him and see how it went...
 The Ram
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/11/2007 6:24:52 PM
IF YOU CANT FEED 'EM , DONT BREED EM........

PAY UP OR SHUT UP...
ITS FOR THE CHILDREN........................
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/11/2007 6:28:11 PM
That pretty much sums it up Ram.
 Nudog
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 7:13:49 PM
Right there, very simple if u want to live comfortable child support is a killer. My rent is $850 my pay check after tax and child support is $350 a week , and am suppose to be happy and go see ma kids where I cant afford McDonalds for them, the judge asked me to get a cheaper apartment and sale my car
Now am a happy man although sad inside but I work under the table just to get by ,what a system if u want to keep ma kids , set me free
 aroha108
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/24/2007 9:06:22 PM
nudog says in few words what I could say in many, though I also hoped to respond to a previous poster with all the 'if you don't like it then go back to court' chicken soup.

There is a turning point when after say, thirty to fifty thousand in legal fees, the loss of your house and whatever you believed was your life (NOT 'your right'.. ahem.. I was brought up with Germaine Greer), and the slow but ever-dawning realization that you are engaged in exactly the same pointless death-struggle that poisoned the water to begin with: that you are being taken up the creek and through the mill, that your children in fact do NOT get the benefit of the support you have dutifully (or otherwise) paid, that you are STILL liable to jail no matter whether (as is our case) the other party does not and will not comply with her end of the agreement, and that if you had any faint hope of a second go at marriage you'd better own Ansett.

I realize that I fit into the brushed off pile of crumbs known airily as 'embittered exes'; that does me neither good nor harm. What concerns me is that my children spend over 80% of available time with someone who flatly told me 'You can forget about custody, I'm keeping them for the tax break.' And that so far, absolutely none of the evidence painstakingly built up to try to break that death-grip has even been tabled in a court of law. Why not? I'll tell you. Neat little thing called a PFA (protection from abuse order) has been entered, TWICE, smack dab in the middle of a custody modification hearing.

This is called 'malicious abuse of due process' as any poor wombat knows - BUT - it makes no difference. The poison's in, the acid's been thrown. In both cases, the C'wealth withdrew for lack of evidenciary basis, but that is twice my kids have been trooped into a court of law to bolster false allegations made by their own mother - against their father.

The law only keeps honest people honest.

I do have hope, but not much. Mostly I think it is just called living with less.. and less.. and less. If you think it's anything less than the truth, take a walk in THESE dogs and see for yourself.

To those women here who actually receive FIVE or TWELVE dollars a week - you are saints, I don't know how you tolerate it either. But the boot tends to fall the other way over here.
 Carlykitten
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/24/2007 9:14:13 PM
I think the whole system is in need of a good once or even twice over...
I have two kids, my ex through the csa pays a total of $27 a month because last tax yr he didn't have a job... he is now working full time with heaps of money to his name and i see none of it, yet still have to bring up the kids myself... yes he gets to see them but doesn't offer to help pay for anything.... i wish the system was up to date
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > child suport its killing both sides