Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marita_b
Msg: 123
view profile
History
What would Jack Bauer do?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvsvO9kvSdo

It doesn't happen in the real world. It is a myth created to try to justify the unjustifiable dont believe me listen to man who spent decades in the business of interrogation.

Here is more of what real interrogators do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGRQY67VOA&feature=channel

Thank you kabiosile, for those references,....
These interviews reenforce the opinion of many of us that torture never saved anyone,....

It does bring this thought of mine to the foreground,....that being how many average citizens walking about believe torture is just fine,.... "as long as it's us torturing them"

These interviews also agree with many of us that waterboarding isn't required to get the truth you are after and it onece and for all squashes that idiotic notion,...what if there was a ticking bomb,....

They knew the attack was coming before it happened. It was not the intelligence department that failed the US it was the administration for not taking it seriously. Torture would not have helped anyone on 911 either.

and if you think that no one could ever have emagined such a thing,....

then check out this clip,.....It was the pilot episode of the x-files spin off series THE LONE GUNMEN,.....

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=en&q=The+Lone+Gunmen.+pilot+episode&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=SPQWSrCKFcygmAezweHYDA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

you might even think that the hijackers'got their ideadirectly from this episode which BTW was aired six months before the towers fell,....

Kaos86
Msg: 124
What would Jack Bauer do?
Posted: 5/22/2009 5:32:50 PM
The ticking time bomb as portrayed regularly on the TV show "24" does indeed occur in real life.

United Airlines Flight 93 was a scheduled United States domestic passenger flight from Newark International Airport, in Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco International Airport, in San Francisco, California that was hijacked by four Islamic terrorists as part of the September 11 attacks in 2001. Over forty minutes into the flight the hijackers breached the c ockpit, overpowered the pilots, and took over the control of the aircraft, diverting it toward Washington, D.C. Several passengers and crew members made telephone calls aboard the flight and learned about the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. As a result, the passengers decided to mount an assault against the hijackers and gain control of the aircraft.
The plane crashed in a field in Stonycreek Township, near Shanksville, in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, about 80 miles (130 km) southeast of Pittsburgh and 150 miles (240 km) northwest of Washington, D.C., killing all on board including 40 passengers and crew and four hijackers. Many witnessed the impact from the ground and news agencies began reporting on the event within an hour. The plane fragmented upon impact, leaving a crater, and some debris was blown miles from the crash site. The remains of everyone on board the aircraft were later identified. Subsequent analysis of the flight recorders revealed how the actions taken by the passengers prevented the aircraft from reaching the hijackers' intended target, thought to be either the White House or United States Capitol. A permanent memorial is planned for construction on the crash site. The chosen design has been the subject of criticism, but the memorial is scheduled to be dedicated in 2011.
Wikipedia

Many on the flight had made calls to loved ones and learned of the terrorist attack in New York and Washington on that day.
Clearly the ticking time bomb(there plane) prompted the heroes aboard flight 93 to action.
No telling how many other lives they saved had the terrorists not been thwarted in their plans.
 marita_b
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2009 11:01:04 PM
You are straying from the main posting idea,...but,....

Even a Jack Bouer TYPE,....were there such a thing (and the real spies will tell you there isn't),...
he couldn't have done anything other than watch the action on TV, unless if by sheer hapenstance,....he were one of the passengers,....

and there is no point re hashing what happened that day here,....again and again
I suspect we have all seen the footage of everything that happened that day hundrreds of times ,.....enough already,....please!

The point here being A Jack Bouer would have been as helpless as all other policing , & military agents,...all any of them could do was look up,....
 Kaos86
Msg: 126
Posted: 5/24/2009 7:34:46 AM
You mean Jack Bauer is not real.... Wow my bubble is busted.
There is every point in rehashing what happened that day!
That is what has driven this forum and many others on here since that day.
It is exactly the point.
The ticking time bomb those heroes (passengers) faced that day was exactly what drives the TV show "24".
Fictional characters are always an exaggeration of real life events however those Heroes (passengers) were the real Jack Bauers.
Those passengers were not helpless when they fought back against the hi-jackers that morning.

To say "enough please" is a disservice to their memory and courage.
Some don't even have the courage to recognize the heroics of that day.
 marita_b
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 5:50:20 PM

To say "enough please" is a disservice to their memory and courage.
Some don't even have the courage to recognize the heroics of that day

You know,...I actually thought about that, and I appreciate how that might be offensive to many,...which was and is not my intent,....

and I have to say my timing couldn't have been worse,....realizing too late that our neighbours to the south are celeblrating, memorial day tomorrow,....( my bad,...I appologize for that)

I was goint to get into why I said what I did,....which had a very solid comparratieve base, but out of respect for the long week-end,...
however,.....I have decided not to dig myself in deeper,....

I appologize
 Kaos86
Msg: 128
Posted: 5/24/2009 6:13:32 PM
Accepted however the US Memorial Day really doesn't have anything to do with the Heroes of Flight 93.
They knew what the intention of the Terrorists were(Ticking Time Bomb Scenario) they chose to over power the thugs and saved many others on the ground.
After 911 there was much chatter regarding future attacks. The Bush Administration acted upon this intelligence and did what they had to do to protect America and Canada also.

"24" and Jack Bauer take this theme to the extreme no one believes for a second that a jack Bauer character actually exists anymore than does George Costanza. They are caricatures.
I am glad you were able to swallow your ideology and admit a truth.
 marita_b
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 12:28:48 PM

no one believes for a second that a jack Bauer character actually exists[/quote

you haven't actually read all of the pages and pages of statements,....have you?

what do you mean Geoge Costanza doesn't exist,.....

bt the way,....I admit nothing,.....
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/13/2013 1:26:22 PM
No Navy seal shot Bin Laden. Bin Laden died of pulmonary complications bought on by kidney failure in December of 2001. He is buried in an unmarked grave in ToraBora.
 00Spy
Msg: 133
Posted: 10/1/2013 4:07:33 PM
Jack Bauer would shoot Obama in the knee caps then lock him in a room with Harry Reed, John Boehner and Ted Cruz until a deal was reached!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >